Old 21st July 2012, 00:08   #1
technopriest7

Problem with shoutcast..

hello . i am using Winamp v 5.63 on windows 7 64 bits. I am trying to broadcast using shoutcast 1.91 . i have the correct settings (adress, password , port) but it doesnt connect
(the status is always "connecting") . can u help me with this issue?

cheers
technopriest7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2012, 00:18   #2
DrO

are you sure the DNAS you are trying to connect to is even running or accessible from where you are (as that's the general reason for it to keep 'connecting' ).

also you really shouldn't be using such an old version of the DSP, the current version is listed in http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=324877

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 12:00   #3
Mr Faze

Im having the same issue...running version 2.2.3 on windows 7 but cannont connect..starting to really annoy me know so i hope someone can help?
Mr Faze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 12:11   #4
Arsimael_

Did you Guys configured your Firewall?
Arsimael_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 16:22   #5
msrev

YEP, I have a problem setting up a SHOUTCAST radio station. Under "Genre" I want to list "Talk, Inspirational, Motivational, Sermons". What am I doing wrong? ALSO once I got to NEXT it sends me to packages that cost. IS SHOUTCAST FREE OR IS THERE A COST?

NOW I JUST REGISTERED TODAY AND COULD NOT SEE HOW A PLACE TO ASK A QUESTION AND FINALLY DECIDED TO PUT MY QUESTIONS IN THIS SEGMENT
msrev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2012, 20:33   #6
DrO

Mr Faze: what have you _actually_ done and what version of the DNAS are you trying to connect to? is it a DNAS you've setup or one you've been provided the details to login to?

msrev: you can only specify the genres which are shown in the Source DSP's options - no other ones are allowed and you cannot specify multiple genres.

got to 'next' on what? using the Source DSP is free - if you are referring to a hosted service (the Wavestreaming one maybe?) then yes that will cost. the tools provided are free (though if you used sc_trans for making an MP3 stream then you have to pay a license fee for that).

finally, there is no need to SHOUT in your reply as you are doing by typing in capitals.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support

Tags
shoutcast