Old 1st May 2005, 12:43   #1
GHOSTRADIONET
Banned

seeking info on winamp metadata

First things first...

apologies the the forum mods if I posted this in the wrong forum...I know you all have a challenging job keeping these forums somewhat "un-cluttered" but I honestly did'nt know where else to post this...due to it's topic..it kinda falls into the Winamp tech area...and the broadcast tech area as well...read on to better understand what I mean...

my question is... I am seeking any information from veteran Winamp users/broadcasters regarding currently playing song Metadata in a broadcast stream.

I'll explain what I would like to be able to do, perhaps one of the Winamp vets or forum mods will know if I can do this...and if so...how it's done.

I'm using the Winamp player along with the Winamp jetCast broadcasting plug-in for Winamp.... and I think it's great...
it appears to be more stable, and easier to use than the actual jetCast software itself... (I think)... with the added major benefit of being able to use the Winamp player's built in graphic EQ to "tweek" my broadcast audio, the quality is significantly improved on a 56Kb/s stream.

Anyway..the question is.. does anyone familiar with Winamp.. know if there is a way to assemble web page data...or a scrolling marquee even, that I can place on a page.....that contains the currently playing song information displayed on my Winamp player ?

(I ask the question this way.. because obviously... whatever is currently playing and displayed on my Winamp player is also going out on my broadcast stream via the Winamp jetCast plug-in)

Any info, suggestions, opinions are welcomed and appreciated.. I'm fairly new to Winamp and webcasting
so far.. I like it very much and have a lot of fun with it... Winamp does what Win Media does...and then some..

Thanks in advance for any guidance anyone can offer on this subject..

GHOST
GHOSTRADIONET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2005, 13:15   #2
Rocker
Hiding in plain sight (mod)

i'm guessing audio-tracker does what you want more or less....

you'll have to beg kaboon for an account in the at forums...

links in my sig below
Rocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2005, 15:16   #3
GHOSTRADIONET
Banned

"BUMP"

sorry...could'nt resist..

still lookin for a solution / ideas here on this..

anyone....? anyone....?

and a thanks to Rocker.. I did send off a e-mail to that party..waiting for a reply....appreciate the info my friend...ty

G.
Old 2nd May 2005, 21:21   #4
siebe83
Forum King

First of all, try to be more to the point in the future. People don't like to read through one page of text to find the actual question:
"does anyone familiar with Winamp.. know if there is a way to assemble web page data...or a scrolling marquee even, that I can place on a page.....that contains the currently playing song information displayed on my Winamp player ?"

Maybe you'll find some info here:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=187590
(under Site Integration Tools)

Or browse the plugins directory...
eg:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=123320
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=117688
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=83013
(I didn't try any of those plugins myself)

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2005, 22:28   #5
GHOSTRADIONET
Banned

I appreciate the help.. thank you..

I'll take a look at all that...

and just as a side note...to eliminate any confusion that may exist..
The reason for the comments I made before my actual question is because I am BROADCASTING with a slightly different set up than I assume most others use here, ( most probably use SHOUTcast to stream their stations..right?)
(Winamp with the jetCast plug-in used here)

And, as I indicated,..I'm fairly new to Winamp and it's features, plug-in's and so on....so I like to be well informed, and I assume those who may offer information to me on the question I asked... would like to be as well...
by knowing EXACTLY what my current configuration is..

I hope that clears that up for ya..

Thanks again..

carry on..

Old 3rd May 2005, 19:54   #6
siebe83
Forum King

Ok, I see your point, you're right... I'm not really familiar with broadcasting and stuff, to be honest. I guess that first link I gave you won't be of much use then... Maybe the others? Though you'll probably have to write a script yourself to actually make use out of those plugins. I only listed some, btw. I think there's more similar stuff in the plugins database. Search for 'now playing', 'website', etc.

Did you already try the JetCast forums?
http://www.jetaudio.com/jetcast/

If you're bored go here or, if the boredom is more serious, here.
siebe83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd May 2005, 22:45   #7
GHOSTRADIONET
Banned

Thanks siebe83,
Your assistance is appreciated, and I did find it valuable.
as a immed. solution I installed SpyAmp...then placed a link to the HTML page it generates on my station home page that'll open in a new window..
Maybe if I look at the source code for it I may even be able to modify it some and streamline it because it is open source.

Thanks again.. feel free to stop by GHOST RADIO and have a look around... maybe even post on my guest map..

G.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support