Old 26th June 2004, 22:53   #1
watercolours

not relevant to this room but need help

i need help,
i updated a previously released skin of mine. but when i submit it i always receive the message telling that i should send more descriptive screenshot. in my thumbnail image main window and thinger can be seen while main window, thinger, eq and playlist window can be seen in main image. so how can the screenies be more descriptive. additionally i have to say that those new images are made in the same way as previous.
i asked this into general section but no reply came. since the mail can't be replied, i couldn't find a way to contact an authority and figure out the exact problem.
ps. my images have no problem about image sizes.
watercolours is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2004, 22:58   #2
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Show me a pic of your skin, and then show me the screen shot you are submitting.
Mr Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2004, 09:35   #3
watercolours

here is the main image and thumbnail united in one file. i had to decrease the quality limit a bit to match file size limitations.
Old 27th June 2004, 09:42   #4
watercolours

sorry, here's the file
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main image and thumbnail.jpg (87.9 KB, 220 views)
Old 27th June 2004, 09:49   #5
watercolours

and here's the 1/1 scale screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot.jpg (93.7 KB, 209 views)
Old 27th June 2004, 09:55   #6
watercolours

and finally main image of previous version (no major change in skin, just resizing and some fxns)
and some info:
v1 thumbnail: 178x75 40KB
v1 main image: 275x198 33KB

updated thumbnail: 178x75 7KB
updated thumbnail: 275x524 111KB
Old 27th June 2004, 10:00   #7
watercolours

i hate it, again forgot to include file. here it is (the main image of previous version)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg main image.jpg (33.0 KB, 207 views)
Old 27th June 2004, 12:34   #8
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

I'll ask the reviewers why they might be rejecting it,can't see anything wrong myself, apart from your choice of team
Old 27th June 2004, 14:09   #9
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Remember that one. Published it once, but with updates we had that nice red x where the screenshot is supposed to be. Thought maybe something had gone wrong with the submission, so I send it back due to lack of screenshots.
Wildrose-Wally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2004, 21:36   #10
watercolours

so you mean that the screenshot never comes to you. which one? the thumbnail or the main image? and how can i overcome this problem, because it is rejected so many times. also i have submitted another skin last time but thankfully there haven't been any problem in its screenshot (it's still under evaluation). so i got the problem about this skin. the solution?
ps. during submission i haven't received any error message.
Old 27th June 2004, 21:47   #11
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Don't update the old submission (this time), make a brandnew submission. You will have to change the name though, adding a version number will do that.

And what is the name and/or CID number of that other skin you have waiting?
Old 27th June 2004, 22:34   #12
watercolours

i don't and can't use edit fxn for that skin already. in my first update attempt i used edit fxn. then the previous one doesn't appear in my profile (that first attempt was rejected due to wrong zipping) (so i can't and haven't been using that fxn since). despite this, its name is still exists and i've been submitting it as a new skin with different names. so, i've been already doing what you say but you know the result. more help please?
ps. if you mean other skin it's "dark peace" 142226 but it's not rejected, and it still appears as unpublished. i think it's in normal evaluation process.
Old 28th June 2004, 01:04   #13
VAG
Major Dude

Jones, what's wrong with McLaren?
You as Brit should support that team.

Wait for next grand prix to see the new MP4 19B version of it and Kimi to hit Schumacher on the race

Nice skin watercolors and great choice of team
VAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th June 2004, 04:44   #14
Wildrose-Wally
The Albertan

Ypu'll have to re-submit this one also, screenshot again.
When you upload, use jpg screenshots, they seem to work better. Also fill in two categories, works better than one.

For the rest keep the fingers crossed, database is quite touchy.
Old 28th June 2004, 07:06   #15
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Quote:
Originally posted by VAG
Jones, what's wrong with McLaren?
You as Brit should support that team.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing but respect for Mclaren and their achievements over the years, it's just recently they have turned into a bit of a joke and seem to have lost their way , they spent most of last year updating an old car while the new wonder machine never makes it to the track, this year they look like pre season faves, only for the new car to be a total joke and they have to wait till halfway in the season to introduce yet another new car.

Mind you, I don't see it as all their fault,hanging onto DC as a driver for as long as they have is a bad idea, he's just got lazy and comfortable, Mercedes also have to take their share of the blame, the engines are just not on a level with the rest of the field, too fragile and too low on horse power.

What were we talking about again?
Old 28th June 2004, 09:15   #16
watercolours

Quote:
Originally posted by wildrose-wally
Ypu'll have to re-submit this one also, screenshot again.
you mean that "dark peace" skin or mclaren skin? if you mean dark peace then why? there haven't been a problem about that.
and about mclaren, i resubmitted it (since the names remain in the database though the skin is rejected i think i used 9th or 10th different name for it and my options are decreasing quickly). it's name is team mclaren mercedes mp4-17d, category: transportation and sports/university, all the files are in .jpg format. and normal submission message "Your submission will be reviewed by our staff and if it passes our test you will receive an email confirming its publication. This usually takes a couple of days."
id=142357 i hope it works this time.

ps. thanks for your support VAG
and about mclaren's situation... yes, they are terrible this season (and maybe next year too) and i don't think mp4-19b will help it more, but a true fan can't leave his team when everything goes wrong
Old 28th June 2004, 09:25   #17
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Published.

Give it an hours or so to show up in the database.
Old 28th June 2004, 09:31   #18
watercolours

nice news ) great you're the man. how could it be published with such a short period of review process? does updates takes shorter time? my other skin is still waiting (i don't mean hurry up on them, just i hope no problem have occurred with that).
i thought some thing: you have said the red cross appeared in previous submission. its file size was about 110KB and the last one's was 88KB (i changed it the last time). can it be possible that system doesn't allow some files that are bigger than certain size not to be uploaded?
again thanks.
Old 28th June 2004, 09:35   #19
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

No, the mclaren one, haven't seen one called dark peace in the queue, although for some reason I have a copy of it on this machine.
Old 28th June 2004, 09:43   #20
watercolours

doesn't seen on queue? problem on that too? i haven't received any rejection message and it's still present under unpublished part in my profile? is it being reviewed by someone else or is there a problem?
Old 28th June 2004, 09:48   #21
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

What's the CID number of it?
Old 28th June 2004, 09:50   #22
watercolours

Old 28th June 2004, 09:54   #23
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Hmmm, now that is wierd, I did review that the other day, that's why I have a copy on my machine.

The CID you just gave me however dosn't contain my review, or screenshots for that matter.

You may have to delete that one from your account and do a resubmission, something obviously is going on that I can't explain here, so probably better to start with a clean sheet.

I did review it however, so I don't know why it wouldn't have shown up in the database by now...
Old 28th June 2004, 09:56   #24
watercolours

so, you want me delete it and re-submit? ok, i'll do it now.
Old 28th June 2004, 10:00   #25
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Yes please, delete it, upload a V2 or whatever, let me know the CID and I'll push it live right away..
Old 28th June 2004, 10:08   #26
watercolours

done. CID=142339. so luckily i have mentioned that. otherwise we wouldn't be aware of that problem. thank you for your interest.
Old 28th June 2004, 10:14   #27
watercolours

you're wonderful. both appears under published section in my profile. thanks, thanks, thanks.
Old 28th June 2004, 10:14   #28
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Ok, reviewed, I think I might know what the problem is, and to be honest I should have spotted it before, you only put your skin in one category right?

For some crappy reason it insists on having it in two categories before it will publish it, or should I say, It'll tell you it's published, when in fact it isn't.

That's a bug on our side and something for us to work out, to be honest I should have spotted that and picked a second category for you, which I have done this time, but hey, non of us are perfect.

Ok, give it a while and hopefully it should show up, with any luck it will be out of your unpublished section by now...
Old 28th June 2004, 10:17   #29
watercolours

can i ask an additional question. i wonder if it is possible to modify just one component (either skin name, comment, screenshot or the skin) through edit fxn? i mean what happens when i press edit and only attach one component?
i am so happy now thanks again.
Old 28th June 2004, 10:20   #30
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

Haha, it used to be possible to do that, you mean just update the screenshot and not the component right?

To be honest, I tend to do all three even if I'm just updating one part of it, it saves the possibility of any more foul ups along the way.
Old 28th June 2004, 10:22   #31
watercolours

ok, thanks what about just changing the name? same?
Old 28th June 2004, 10:28   #32
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

To play safe, yes, update everything.
Old 28th June 2004, 10:34   #33
watercolours

ok, i got it. fill everwhere you can
about that second category, i also wanted to pick one but couldn't find a suitable one. i'm glad you could. don't tell which one, i'll see when it's available
thanks again. good luck
Old 28th June 2004, 10:46   #34
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

First one's up...
http://www.winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=142357

Second should be along later...
Old 28th June 2004, 11:20   #35
watercolours

i saw it, its rating is higher than previous thanks.
Old 29th June 2004, 16:04   #36
VAG
Major Dude

Jones I agree 100% on what you said about the McLaren appearance this year in F-1 championship.
Mercedes since got the almost 50% of McLaren's stock investments seems to be quite happy with the under rated engines it provides to the best team of all time for me...... shame on them, I support McLaren since 87' and never lost a grand prix, they should take things more serious up there in Germany, and to provide a great engine on this weekend's race.

I'll drink to MP4 19B's "health" tonight, as I did lastnight on my 28th bday party

LaterZzz and nice skin again my friend.
VAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2004, 16:16   #37
Mr Jones
Nothing to say...

It's also no coincedence that the Mercedes engines that Ilmor enginering build, suddenly took a performance dive after Paul Morgan was killed in an air crash a few years back, the company as a whole was re-structured after his death and a lot of people said it was never the same again.

His contribution the Ilmor engines can't be underestimated, and sadly it looks like Mario Illen has struggled with the company since then.

Mercedes need to take a long hard look at their engine designs, maybe even take it back in house to Stuttgart and run it under dedicated Mercedes engineers.
Old 2nd July 2004, 05:22   #38
watercolours

After Paul Morgan died, Mario Illen had to deal with management business also and it took his efforts all. I want to see McLaren in glory again. They are the ones who can stop ferrari that harm F1 spirit more than anything. But they can do nothing with these merc engines, and considering that merc has 40% of McLaren, merc should do something better and sooner.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Skinning and Design > Modern Skins