Old 16th October 2011, 22:42   #1
djmaw

Status on DSP Plug-in keeps reconnecting

Hi,

Could you please help with this!!!!

Well, I've installed the right plug-ins and software, winamp and DSP plug-in from shout cast to host my radio station as I'm using turntables to mix my tracks.

Now when i very first installed the shout cast plug-in it connected to my server fine, no problems, when i came back to it today it just decided to connect fine and then within seconds it reconnects and takes 30 seconds to reconnect and reconnects and reconnects etc...

I was about to throw and smash all my expensive equipment about but i realised that it wasn't the equipments fault, it is winamp or the shout cast plug-in.

Please help!!!

Dj Maw
www.djmaw.co.uk

Last edited by djmaw; 16th October 2011 at 22:43. Reason: type'o'
djmaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 23:26   #2
jaromanda
Forum King

logs and error messages help

Is it just me or are shoutcast users getting dumber?
jaromanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2011, 23:38   #3
djmaw

How does this help?

Sorry if I'm being slow but how does this solve my problem??
Old 16th October 2011, 23:43   #4
bjc535

because logs tell what the server, and tool is doing step by step. it might be doing something right before it disconnects that might give a clue to why it did that.
bjc535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th October 2011, 04:01   #5
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaw View Post
Sorry if I'm being slow but how does this solve my problem??
It doesn't solve it, but you've supplied fuck all information so far .. "It doesn't work" is as useful as tits on a bull

logs and error messages would supply information you are to ignorant to supply

Of course, you may not want anyone to be able to help, so, carry on

Old 18th October 2011, 23:16   #6
djmaw

New to this remember...

Im new to this, so keep your hat on... the solution you have supplied does not mean anything, i don't understand?

Help and advise is what I'm looking for, not someone who looses there patience. You can't expect me to understand you on the same level hence why I'm asking(the experts) what i need to do next.

1. i don't get an error message, so i can't supply any more info IN REGARDS TO ERROR MESSAGES.

2. keep your hat on.

I have followed all instructions to install relevant software and it connects fine to my hosting server and theres nothing wrong with the servers I'm using.... ITS TO DO WITH WINAMP...

If you could supply me with a few Q's in an understandable manner, maybe your the person that could solve my problem.

Regards

Matt
Old 18th October 2011, 23:21   #7
DrO

first thing, what version of Winamp and the Source DSP are you using? also what version of the DNAS are you trying to connect to?

second thing, if it just keeps reconnecting, it is most likely that the DNAS server is either not running or is running on a different machine / IP address (what is entered in the 'server address' field) and what has been entered in the DSP does not match. so would suggest checking that is ok as well.

that should be enough questions as a starting point.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th October 2011, 23:29   #8
djmaw

Thanks...

Ok,

Version of DSP is 2.2.3

DNAS, i didn't install it again after i uninstalled the first time round as i was getting the same reconnecting problem.

After that I'm really lost on this one, sorry

Thanks

Matt
Old 18th October 2011, 23:37   #9
DrO

ok, so the current DSP. what version of Winamp? (was asked before the part about the DSP version).

however, without a DNAS for the DSP to connect to, you will never have a working stream. see example #1 from http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas..._System_Setups which hopefully makes what i'm trying to say clearer.

as it seems that you've uninstalled the DNAS, then that all makes sense why DSP just keeps attempting to reconnect. so not much else to say until that is re-installed.

-daz
Old 18th October 2011, 23:51   #10
djmaw

Installed...

Right just installed the dans plug-in from the same page as i downloaded the shout cast plug-in on winamp.com which is version 2.0. when i was installing it it says do you want to replace existing file, so i already had it installed??

version of winamp is 5.621 and I'm running on 32 bit windows vista.

I've also done a complete uninstall and reinstall, but still same problem. Another thing is, since i posted my problem, it connected to the server for about 2 hours last night and I've just tried it again tonnite and it keeps reconnecting again?? so its intermittent at the mo.

i really don't know what else to do now... is there any other programs that does the same thing??

thanks

matt
Old 19th October 2011, 00:05   #11
DrO

the start of your post is confusing with "dans plug-in" (ignoring the typo). was a download from the top of http://www.shoutcast.com/broadcast-tools in the 'SHOUTcast DNAS 2.0' section?

if that is correct, do you have UAC enabled (as you're using Vista) ? if so what folder did you install the DNAS into? was it what the installer showed since that is the first likely issue since that usually won't have the write-access which is needed.

easy option for that is to take the whole folder and move it to the desktop or somewhere else on the machine which allows for moving / editing files without a UAC prompt.

you then need to make sure that the DNAS is then able to run (use the 'simple' config) once you've edited any passwords to what you want.

then make sure the DSP is using the same details and then it should connect.

once that is done, if you want it to be in the SHOUTcast Directory then you'll need to follow http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcas...ash_Management to get an authhash which will allow it to be publically listed. if it is only going to be a private thing then on the Output -> YP tab in the DSP, uncheck the 'make the stream public' option and ignore the authhash link.

that probably sounds more confusing than it actually is but not actually knowing what is / isn't setup / enabled on the machine you're trying to use, i've got to make suggestions which should remove chances of things not working.

-----------------------------

additionally, you're saying it has sometimes worked and then stops working - that is not normal if everything is all done on the same machine and with the talk of uninstalling things, that then points more at the DSP having settings which are no longer valid compared to whatever DNAS install is then present afterwards.

and with that i'm now out for the night (seeing as it's gone midnight here).

-daz
Old 19th October 2011, 03:49   #12
jaromanda
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaw View Post
Im new to this, so keep your hat on... the solution you have supplied does not mean anything, i don't understand?
I never supplied a solution.

Your question is akin to ringing up a mechanic and saying "my car doesn't work, how do I fix it"

The mechanic cant give you a solution, without getting some actual details first

I asked for some details, rather than supply them, you asked "how does that help"

if you didn't understand what I asked for, fine, say so. No need to be a rude prick about your lack of knowledge.

Old 19th October 2011, 19:52   #13
djmaw

Tried to figure out...

Ok, I've tried to figure out what you wanted me to do and i tried but i really don't know what I'm doing...

it seems to be getting more complicated, when i might be just something simple. I don't know why everybody can just install the plug-ins with no bother and off they go, i have literally done everything your supposed to do to install and it works fine but then it just reconnects i checked the log TAB and it doesn't give you any information as to why it reconnects, it just a has a big long list of "reconnects".

Im at the edge of giving up but i don't like software beating me!!!

HELLLLPPPPPPP!!! lol
Old 20th October 2011, 09:36   #14
DrO

email me (from link from my site in my signature) the config file you're using for the DNAS, the address of the DNAS server and your dsp_sc.ini file (should be in %appdata%\Winamp\plugins) as clearly something isn't right between what you're entering and what is / isn't running.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > SHOUTcast > SHOUTcast Technical Support

Tags
dsp, reconnecting, shout cast, status