Old 18th February 2002, 12:02   #1
EvilJim

Updated and added Presets

I´m back
Now that I know a bit more about MD, I have updated my first Presets so they look a little bit better. I also have added some new ones which I think are far better . Have fun with these...
As Arnie said: I´ll be back
EvilJim
Attached Files
File Type: zip eviljim´s presets version 2.zip (28.4 KB, 214 views)
EvilJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2002, 12:39   #2
Illusion

46 presets? That would have to be a record for the most posted at once.

Just some general comments, not trying to be critical or anything: but the majority of these are really heavy on one effect (mostly warp) which kind of detracts from the preset as a whole. That said, there is some very cool stuff here, <i>log spectrum</i> is great and <i>running inside a giant wheel</i> is a fantastic effect. Just try and go easy on the warp (I know it's hard when you start, I used to use it a lot too), and it should look a lot better.

But thanks for posting again, there haven't been a lot posted recently so the 46 presets was very cool. Keep up the practice, and I'm sure you'll be posting some really awesome stuff soon....
Old 18th February 2002, 12:49   #3
EvilJim

Thanks

Thank you very much,
I did not make a record, just reposted all of my presets. I have updated and changend some of my earlier presets and forgot which were changed so I posted them all...
BTW I don´t think I have concentrated on the warp effect so much. In my opinion I have only one effect that is heavily based on warp, that is A SQUARE HOLE IN THE SEA. I thought I had concentrated on the zoom effect much more, but maybe I´m wrong
I always thought that good criticism helps me a lot, so say what you think about my presets, it just should be sensible criticism, not that "You stink!"-stuff
Still have fun with MD
May it rule forever!

EvilJim

PS: Will MD run under WinAmp 3? Pretty please...
Old 18th February 2002, 15:00   #4
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
Evil,

I like running inside a giant wheel it is nice my fav.

A couple of points

For the colours there are either quick changing (loads of wave_colour = 0.5*sin(100*bass) or whatever) or they are the same colour. Nothing wrong per say but I it would be nice to have a little variety with the colours.

'running inside a giant wheel' is all the same colour all the time. Maybe use some standard cycling but subtle.

See my code for the ambient wallpaper.

You do not have to make it random but try and make the colours change a little.

so if you decide on colour you like say.

wave_r = 0.6;
wave_b =0.2;
wave_g = 0.8;

have a multiplier to these subtly if you want to keep the same colour.

wave_r = 0.6 + 0.1*sin(time*1.21);
wave_b =0.2 + 0.2*bass;
wave_g = 0.8 +0.15*sin(time*0.67);

or something like that. It will add more blue with the bass and cycle subtly through a narrow range of the other colours in this case.

You do this a little with the 'flying over water' it is blue but when the bass gets high it goes a little purple.

When you just use say use the 0.5+0.5*sin(bass*23) or whatever sometimes our colour seem a little 'random' although we know it is using the bass, etc. But if that is the effect you are after ok. I mostly like mine more subtle. It implies (righty or wrongly) more though has gone into it. So narrow the band a bit like above. Just a suggestion.

It will give your preset more variety and make people more likely to use them more. Remember you can make the preset code as big as you want and just cut-and-paste the colour code from another presets and tweak it a little.

Hope it helps,

Rovastar.

BTW I am keeping all the presets that are posted here at www.milkdrop.co.uk. So could you do me a big favour and call you remixed presets Flying over water(Remix) or (Tweak) or something. It will save me doing it when I upload them. (I will see which ones have changed this time). I actually like the speedy first version of this. It is such a subjective thing this preset lark.

(Sorry SM (and whoever) from a ages ago previous post. Once it has been submitted I am keeping it forever To remind us all what we were first like (I am evil!!). And someone my like them.......still laughing at my LabFunk inclusion on the 1.02 release))

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2002, 15:32   #5
EvilJim

Of course I can do it for you. just send me your eMail-adress and I will send them properly renamed. Could just take a day or two, quite busy at the moment.
See ya
EvilJim
Old 18th February 2002, 16:02   #6
Rovastar

Send a message via AIM to Rovastar
MilkDrop does work for Winamp3.

You have to copy the vis_milk.dll to the WA3 directory/plugins but the playlist and the keyboard controls with WA3 don't work. Already reported.

My email (at the moment) rovastar@hotmail.com

"Rules are for the guidance of wisemen and the obedience of fools"

Visuals - Morphyre www.Morphyre.com
Rovastar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th February 2002, 16:35   #7
StudioMusic
Major Dude

Evil my fav is 4-turn. SM
StudioMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2002, 13:27   #8
EvilJim

Thanks for your replys,
Makes me happy you like them
I didn´t get to rename my presets properly yet, hope to find time over the weekend
see ya
EvilJim
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets