Old 6th March 2005, 13:30   #1
-SPM-Mad

Rating-Hotkey do not work

Hello,
I have Winamp 5.08c and I want to rate my songs via a hotkey. I found the option unter global hotkey, tho it does not work. Searching the board only brought me posts of users who mention the global hotkeys.
Yet, the rating does not change when I hit the hotkey.

Any clues what the reason could be?

Greetings
Michael

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce this, works fine here.
Moving from Bug Reports to Tech Support.

[Edit -> -SPM-Mad]
No matter which Hotkey I use [Alt + A, Strg + Alt + B, strg + alt + num1 etc.], if the Libary has the focus or not, the songs remain unrated.

*hmpf*

Last edited by -SPM-Mad; 6th March 2005 at 14:11.
-SPM-Mad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2005, 16:22   #2
Nunzio390
Nugatory Aluminator
Look it up

Send a message via AIM to Nunzio390 Send a message via Yahoo to Nunzio390
I can not reproduce this either. Works fine for me.

@ -SPM-Mad...

Upgrade 5.08c to the Full version of either Winamp 5.08d or Winamp 5.08e (most current version - needed if you have DRM-protected WMA files). When you install the newer version confirm that you have a completely clean install of Winamp as per these instructions with absolutely no 3rd-party plugins or skins installed (nothing added other than what is native to a clean install of Winamp as listed here).

Once you have confirmed the above, then if the problem still exists, post back and also include all relevant system specs (including a HijackThis log) as outlined here.

Don't email or PM me concerning Winamp. Instead, either start a NEW TOPIC or post a REPLY in the appropriate thread in these forums. This will also benefit others who may have a similar question or problem. But before posting, please first Search the forums and read all FAQs and all Sticky threads.

ORB Remote Broadcast

[ Automated Jukebox | Nunzio's Home | Wacky Videos | Solve the Prunella Puzzle! ]
[ LINE RIDER! | My Resume | Virtual Chess | Composite Sketch | My Niece's Band ]
[ Plugins by Joonas | DrO's Winamp Plugins and Extras | K-Jöfol ]
Nunzio390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2005, 14:36   #3
copykat

Same problem

I have been searching this forum for this... I have the same problem.

All other hotkeys work except the Rating. I have tried lots of different type of key sequences, but to no avail.

Trying to rate 5000+ songs without this is going to be a real long slog.

Anyone else experienced this prob recently???
copykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2005, 15:11   #4
-SPM-Mad

Plugin Conflict.

Disable all plugins and start one after the other again until you found the one conflicting.
No need to reinstall Winamp folks.

greetings
Mad
Old 10th October 2005, 11:49   #5
copykat

I have tried removing any plugins (I only had two that didn't come with the installation)

I run:
XP Pro SP2
Pentium 4 3Gb
Winamp Pro 5.1
MS Natural Multimedia Keyboards

I have tried reinstalling Winamp also, but to no avail.

All other Hotkeys work, but I just can't get them to Rate a track (even when I use a key config that currently works)

Please help me.....
copykat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2008, 18:10   #6
enemy

Quote:
Originally posted by -SPM-Mad
Plugin Conflict.

Disable all plugins and start one after the other again until you found the one conflicting.
No need to reinstall Winamp folks.

greetings
Mad
It isnt a plugin conflict,

I installed a clean new Version of Winamp 5.5 without any plugins and have the same problem

For me its definitly impossible to rate all Songs without this feature. Isnt there a way to fix it?
enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2008, 01:37   #7
-SPM-Mad

Yeah, use a propper MediaPlayer and not the bload/trash/phoninghome-ware winamp...
Old 25th February 2008, 18:11   #8
enemy

isnt this a winamp support Forum?

hm...
enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2008, 18:43   #9
-SPM-Mad

It is.

This is a pretty old thread. I used Winamp since its very very first versions. It was one of the most kickass players avaiable.

But ever since AOL bought Nullsoft, it got worse and worse. Despite performance issues it also had/has phoning home functions, plugin compatibility issues and language-packs probelms (outdated, unsupported etc.)

I came to this board with some issues and alot of users (not all; there are some really nice people here) just tell me to reinstall it and remove all plugins. Once even to reinstall parts of my system. Rather arogant and pretty useless help.
Those people behaved like idiots. I solved the probelms myself then, without reinstalling winamp/all plugins or whatever.

They keep adding bloated stuff to winamp. And when they started to remove the radio-list and replace it by in internet-explorer control which forces one to use activeX and scripting (which I have disabled on my system) I could not use this feature anymore. Not to mention repeated security issues. I got fed up and ditched Winamp.

It has become just like AOL - annoying.

Currently I am using XMPlay. No need for installtion (runs of USB sticks), alot less resources and better performance, has lots of plugins (for reading all sorts of stuff, including archives) and with the right skin even looks nice.

Or soon there might be an Amorak version for windows. Amorak certainly kicks ass under Linux if you want a player with lots of features (album art, lyrics, all sort of programm integration etc.)

Greetings
-SPM-Mad
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support