Old 21st October 2011, 17:58   #1
syntax24

application to stream soundcard to sc_serv.exe?

Looking for something like the winamp plugin to allow me to stream from an application to the SC_Serv.exe server. The software I'm trying to use is not working too well with shoutcast, so I guess the only way to johnny-rig it is to just stream what's directly playing on the soundcard out to the sc server.

The only reason I'm looking for something like the winamp plugin but different, is because I don't need winamp running as it will not be pushing any audio to the server. Is there an app that doesn't tie into winamp but does similar?

Thanks in advance!
syntax24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2011, 20:49   #2
thinktink
Forum King

You can setup the Transcoder to run in the background and push your soundcard as the audio source to stream. Please study the Transcoder documentation.

http://wiki.winamp.com/wiki/SHOUTcast_DNAS_Transcoder_2
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:39   #3
DrO

or just use Winamp + Source DSP with the DSP set to capture the selected input device (with other people do use it for). otherwise sc_trans is an option (where capture device support is working - since it's classed as broken at least on mac versions), or depending on where the source is being taken from, something like butt (*) or any other programs which support broadcasting as a SHOUTcast stream can be used.

(*) the current non-windows builds of the v2 DNAS have an issue with butt in some cases with how the stream information is specified but that is resolved internally for the next drop.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support