Old 11th July 2014, 16:57   #1
ChiggyChiggy

Keyboard shortcuts not working

When i press the space bar Winamp doesnt pause the song thats playing, iirc that was possible before altho i dont remember that it used to do that. Is there a way to enable the feature? I think i may have disabled it or something...

And no, i dont mean global hotkeys, thatd be a nightmare since i need the space bar for other stuff lol. I mean like when Winamp's window is in focus, space bar just doesnt do anything.

I attached the Info report from the Winamp report tool to the thread
Attached Files
File Type: txt Winamp_Info_Report_07-11-2014.txt (31.1 KB, 152 views)

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
*If you miss the Autotag feature: Gracenote CDDB Autotag alternatives
ChiggyChiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 16:59   #2
DrO

Winamp has never natively done that.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2014, 17:02   #3
ChiggyChiggy

Weird o.O I thought it always does and was like one of the first or something. Well... since you said it doesnt do it natively, what plugin does it?

*If you have issues with Winamp, ensure you have the currently latest version Winamp v5.666 build 3516 & its patches that fix several issues
*To remove the currently dead Winamp online stuff, see here: removing online stuff
Old 11th July 2014, 17:03   #4
DrO

none that i know off. maybe it's a skin you've been using. as the only other way is via a custom language pack.
Old 11th July 2014, 17:07   #5
ChiggyChiggy

Elaborate on the custom language pack bit... How would changing Winamp's language give it that feature o.O?

I just tried it with Big Bento and still the same..

Old 11th July 2014, 17:12   #6
DrO

with a custom language pack, you can change the default keyboard shortcuts (as long as you know how to edit accelerator tables). it's a side-effect of what is needed for localisation and their need at times to use different keyboard values for the shortcuts to work sensibly in other languages.

as this is new to you, i doubt you would have done it already.
Old 11th July 2014, 17:40   #7
ChiggyChiggy

That doesnt sound all that hard... well sounds atleast, theory is easier than action..

So if i were to want to edit the Eng (US) one so that the space key can pause playback, how would i go about that? Like just opening the .wal file with notepad++? or....

Old 11th July 2014, 20:38   #8
DrO

it would be a wlz file, you need to then look at winamp.lng and use a resource editor on one or more of the accelerator tables (since space is currently associated in the playlist editor to (re-)show the current item).
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
hotkeys