Old 29th April 2014, 20:22   #1
TribalBob

TribalBob's Issue

Hello!

I have set up the latest version of Shoutcast DNAS on a Debian 7 System.

Everything is working great except that when I try to create a new "authhash" it hangs on "Processing" forever (tried with latest versions of Chrome and FireFox).

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

TribalBob
TribalBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 04:05   #2
Bryon Stout

Are you on a mac? I found that I had issues on a mac but no issues on windows when trying to process my authhash
Bryon Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th April 2014, 08:00   #3
TribalBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryon Stout View Post
Are you on a mac? I found that I had issues on a mac but no issues on windows when trying to process my authhash
Hello!

Thank you for your response!

The ShoutCast server is running on Debian 7 and I am accessing the admin page (and trying to create authhash) via Google Chrome in Windows 7.

Here are the errors being returned according to the logs:

code:
2014-04-29 15:32:27 ERROR [YP] Badly formed HTTP response [] Restarting in 30 seconds.
2014-04-29 15:32:27 ERROR [YP] Internal error. Unknown cmd value in failure ( 3)

Here is my config file:

code:
logfile=logs/sc_serv.log
w3clog=logs/sc_w3c.log
banfile=control/sc_serv.ban
ripfile=control/sc_serv.rip
password=MySuperSecretPassword
adminpassword=MySuperSecretAdminPassword
MaxUser=20
ShowLastSongs=10
SrcIP=ANY
DestIP=ANY
AutoDumpUsers=0
AutoDumpSourceTime=0
PublicServer=ALWAYS
AllowRelay=Yes
AllowPublicRelay=Yes
MetaInterval=32768
streamid=1
streampath=/stream.aac

Old 7th May 2014, 20:41   #4
TribalBob

It's been a full week now and I see the mods are posting on other threads, is there some reason no one has even acknowledged my issue...?
Old 7th May 2014, 20:53   #5
DrO

because i hadn't seen your posts (which hadn't shown up in the new posts results for some reason) and even now that i've seen them, what Bryon Stout suggested is about as much as i am able to suggest at the time (or trying another browser). the only other thing i can think off is checking if the DNAS is being correctly allowed through the firewall on the machine being used (as that is where the requests to the YP servers will be made). otherwise i'm not sure why the requests are being completely blocked and have little else to suggest.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th May 2014, 21:37   #6
TribalBob

Thank you for the reply DrO!

I have attempted doing the authhash from Chrome and FireFox (I refuse to EVER use IE, sorry) neither has worked...

I have ports 8000 and 8001 both opened on my router and inside my iptables file on the Shoutcast server...

Here is a screenshot showing the "Processing..." and live error output on BitVise: http://s30.postimg.org/rgubskx8h/shoutcast.png

Thank you for any help you may be able to provide...
Old 8th May 2014, 01:06   #7
TribalBob

UPDATE:

Ok, it seems the errors I posted before are not related to the authhash issue as those errors seem to begin once a streaming source connects to the server. I'm not sure why those errors are being generated as I am able to connect and stream just fine and the server summary page shows all the correct info for the connected stream and I am able to connect to the stream directly via windows media player.

However, the error that IS relevant to my create authhash issue is:

code:
2014-05-07 21:03:12 ERROR [YP] Request [http://yp.shoutcast.com:80/createauthhash] failed. Retries exceeded.

Thanks again for anyone who may be able to provide help...
Old 8th May 2014, 13:12   #8
TribalBob

Sorry to keep posting, they won't let me edit my old posts anymore...

Is there perhaps a way to enable more verbose debugging...?
Old 8th May 2014, 13:22   #9
DrO

all there is are the options listed in the debug section of the documentation included with the DNAS. though i doubt that will show much of use as the badly formed message is one of the low level messages and stems nothing being returned in the message body i.e. something has badly gone wrong or is blocking it getting to the DNAS.

and it's expected that you can connect to the DNAS despite the issues since that's how the DNAS is setup to work if its unable to connect to the YP correctly. though the errors are going to happen as soon as a source is connected since the DNAS is trying to get you listed (assuming at is what is wanted) by going through the process of auto-generating an authhash. so if you're not wanting to be listed, ensure the stream is 'private'. and the timeout is intentional so that the DNAS won't keep hammering the YP servers if something is wrong.

and there's a time limit on editing posts of 180mins, which is why i've split your posts into their own thread.

either way, you can try to enable all of the debug options, but i seriously suspect that the issue is something specific to the configuration / server being used and what it is i just don't know or why it's causing the response back to the DNAS to fail.
Old 8th May 2014, 13:39   #10
TribalBob

DrO,

Thanks for the response m8!

So to enable yp2debug is that just "yp2debug=true" in sc_serv.conf?

And then that will output to sc_serv.log or sc_w3c.log?

Thanks again!
Old 8th May 2014, 13:42   #11
DrO

it needs to be yp2debug=1 (there's a sc_serv_debug.conf in the examples folder which shows everything that can be enabled - which you can either copy+paste into your config or use the include option to include the file) and all goes to the configured log file (not the w3c one).
Old 8th May 2014, 13:45   #12
TribalBob

Awesome!

Thank you for your help!

I'm headed out for a few hours, but when I get home I will give this a try and hopefully figure something out... Thanks again m8!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support