Old 5th December 2011, 12:03   #1
themayor

Station not displaying acurately on Shoutcast

In Shoutcast's radio directory for All Country Radio (mp3, 128k), it displays now playing correctly half of the time. The other half it always shows a song from Omar Enrique; which I'm not playing. Do you know what the cause is?

Second, when I click on the play button, it never goes to my station but to whomever is playing Omar.

It say my station id is 79346
themayor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th December 2011, 12:12   #2
DrO

there's no incorrect listing merged with that stationid. looking at the song history from the DNAS which the stationid relates to, that is showing the titles you're seeing so the system is working correctly, but looks like you've possibly got a rouge source connected to the DNAS.

all i can suggest is to make sure that whoever is connected as the source is who it's meant to be, otherwise you need to kick and it ensure all passwords on the DNAS are changed.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2011, 03:34   #3
themayor

Now I'm having the opposite effect, my station isn't listed at all. Any suggestions?
Old 7th December 2011, 10:58   #4
DrO

all i can find is a 32kbps AAC+ stream for 'All Country Radio' with no other stations being seen by the backed system with that name.

as i don't have the IP address of the DNAS from the previous check to check back against, it could be its not running or there is no source connected, that there's been a change in the station name sent from the DNAS (entirely possible if it looked like you had a rogue source in the first place), or the YP is not allowing or failing to add the station.

without an address for the DNAS server there's not much else i can now do.

-daz
Old 8th December 2011, 03:10   #5
themayor

i restart the 128k mp3 server and now it's showing. IP/Port: 69.175.60.165:80 .

thanks...
Old 8th December 2011, 10:58   #6
DrO

both stations are showing correctly for me via the API and also via the site search so i would say that it all looks ok (the song history matches between the AAC+ and MP3 DNAS's). or am i missing something still?

-daz
Old 8th December 2011, 12:06   #7
themayor

yes, in the shoutcast directory of stations, when you click on the play button on the 128k, a different station plays. I'm trying to figure out why that is.
Old 8th December 2011, 12:20   #8
DrO

ok i know what's going on - the YP is returning the correct IP but using port 8000 (hadn't quite noticed that beforehand).

i think i know what is causing that but i'm not sure if i manually override the details for the time being so that it then won't revert back to the old address. will have to try to do that later today. if not changing the port is going to be the easiest way so the YP doesn't think they are the same.

[edit]
i've just changed the stationid of the station on port 8000 (if that sticks or not is a different thing) so you may want to restart your DNAS or just re-connect the source so it will re-add to the YP and see if that works.

[edit2]
that didn't work so i've just nuked 79346 from the system so it can re-create itself (which usually sorts things out...).

[edit3]
that's not going to work either as it's generated a new stationid but is re-using the same serverid again. at the moment, changing the port is the only viable option at the moment (which is probably not possible / ideal) as the YP keeps matching 69.175.60.165:80 and 69.175.60.165:8000 as being similar (fun of sql's LIKE option).

-daz
Old 9th December 2011, 02:51   #9
themayor

I restarted DNAS, but in the shoutcast directory, when i click to listen on the 128k, i still get some other station.

So is the only a new address?
Old 9th December 2011, 03:27   #10
themayor

Now we are back to showing someone else's songs playing...ie...Recently played: Monte Plata RD / Bronx NY - Radio Mo.
Old 9th December 2011, 10:47   #11
DrO

as i put in my 3rd edit,without getting the YP handling changed (which is not viable at the moment), the only way is to use a different port / address for the server since it will keep merging your station and the other one on port 8000 as it keeps matching 80 and 8000 as being similar (when they are not) and even if i manually edit the information in the databases it will keep going back to what was the case beforehand.

-daz
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support