Old 22nd May 2013, 04:35   #1
CacoteoRadio

HELP my listeners are being forwarded?

Hi Shoutcast,

Ive had my station for a while and never had any problems until a few months ago.

My station is no longer able to be discovered via the shoutcast directory, and I also have noticed that my listeners are being forwarded to another similar station instead of mine after searching for my stations name via the shoutcast directory and several other shoutcast apps. The only app that seems to be currently working is TuneIn but none of the others are able to point my main station.

After reading around on the forum, I saw that others were having similar and someone suggested to look log in to the admin panel and look at the tail logfile for the yp shoutcast touched message.

Here is what I got:
<05/21/13@22:55:31> [yp_tch] new backup server 93.119.227.27:8888
<05/21/13@22:55:31> [yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com touched!

I realized that the ip which shows up is not mine rather the one that my listeners are currently being forwarded too. The correct one is 173.230.248.121:7000

Can someone PLEASE HELP me fix this?
CacoteoRadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:30   #2
CacoteoRadio

comon shoutcast is there anyone out there that can PLEASE help fix this?
Old 22nd May 2013, 14:47   #3
DrO

and from the other posts, it would have been seen that in this case it's a known YP bug randomly affecting a small number of listings.

as this forum is not monitored 24/7, it takes time before anything will be seen (and tbh it's only 10hrs since the first post and some of us strangely enough have to sleep at some point).

and ironically i was in the process of trying to apply a temp fix for the issue before i'd seen your updated post. as such, i've made a temp fix to the listing which _may_ work but if not then there's little else to do other than i log this as another instance of the YP issue.

so within ~30minutes, your listing should appear on it's own again (unless the YP bug takes effect in that time).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd May 2013, 17:55   #4
CacoteoRadio

Hey Dro,

Sorry if I got a bit anxious, but I really do appreciate your help and would like to thank you for helping me in this matter. Gotta love the Dro!
Old 1st June 2013, 06:58   #5
CacoteoRadio

Hi Dro, is there any chance that you can change the genre from Hiphop to Reggaeton I can find the station now but it is listed under Hiphop? Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 03:02   #6
CacoteoRadio

HELP my listeners are being forwarded AGAIN? Shoutcast Please Help

Hi Shoutcast team,

1. I have a station that should be listed under the genre Reggaeton but upon searching Shoutcast directory only shows up under the wrong genre, Salsa

2. I had previously posted because my listeners were being forwarded to another station, and it is now happening again. I have tried to connect via xiiaLive and Shoutcast Apps only to find that my station's listeners are being forwarded to another station upon trying to connect to mine.

3. I checked the tail log and noticed that it is showing a wrong server ip

07/14/13@21:53:15> [yp_tch] new backup server 199.241.188.234:8086
<07/14/13@21:53:15> [yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com touched!

The ip which shows up is not mine rather the one that my listeners are currently being forwarded too.

The correct one is 173.230.248.121:7000

PLEASE HELP. Thanks
Old 15th July 2013, 03:10   #7
DrO

and i'll refer back to my previous reply about the issue. and from what i can see in the system, there's no reason that your one should have been incorrectly re-clustered in this situation, so once again i've applied the temp fix and that's all we can do about it for the time being.

and if it happens again, it's far easier for me if you post in this thread rather than making new ones as i track specific ones as needed - was only by chance i checked for new posts before stopping for the night that i saw this just after it was posted.
Old 22nd July 2013, 19:35   #8
CacoteoRadio

Hi DrO,

We have been losing listeners at an alarming rate ever since the problems with the shoutcast listings and forwarding of listeners began.

Is there any chance that you can fix the genre so that it can be listed correctly under Reggaeton instead of Salsa?

Thanks
CacoteoRadio
Old 22nd July 2013, 20:32   #9
DrO

fixed - will appear in ~30 minutes.
Old 7th March 2014, 01:35   #10
CacoteoRadio

HELP, my stream is being hijacked again.

Hello Shoutcast,

Upon clicking the search results for our Reggaeton station, our listeners are instead redirected to another station

Our correct stream is http://cacoteo.com:7000 or http://173.230.248.121:7000

right now its pointing to 200.27.236.251:8095

<03/06/14@20:29:23> [yp_tch] new backup server 200.27.236.251:8095
<03/06/14@20:29:23> [yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com touched!

Can you please help fix this so our listeners dont keep getting redirected?
Old 7th March 2014, 09:56   #11
DrO

i have merged your new thread with the prior one (as i had asked to be done in post #7).

and once again, it is not a hijacking but a YP bug with a small number of listings and we are still nowhere nearer finding the cause of it.

so i can attempt again to re-split the listing, however, it is far better for you and myself to update to the v2.2.1 DNAS (http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=373139) as that will ensure only your stream is only in its own listing.

also it can be setup to use the DNS name for the server instead of the IP (by adding destip=cacoteo.com in the configuration file) which is far better for you and listeners if the IP of the servers needs to change at a later date.
Old 7th March 2014, 12:10   #12
CacoteoRadio

Thanks Dro,

Sorry for being a nuisance, but the last post I made was in May of 2013 so I didnt think of looking for the same post since its been almost a year...

We are running on WHMSonic , and they have no option for running version 2.2.1 DNAS since their platform does not allow for it yet.

Is there anyway you can temporarily fix this for us as long time users PLEASE?

It is having a negative impact on our audience and we need your help Dro.

In the meanwhile I will create a support ticket at WHMSonic to see if they can do anything from their end as we pay a yearly license and are locked in for about 8 - 9 more months.

Our correct stream is http://cacoteo.com:7000 or http://173.230.248.121:7000

right now its pointing to 200.27.236.251:8095

<03/06/14@20:29:23> [yp_tch] new backup server 200.27.236.251:8095
<03/06/14@20:29:23> [yp_tch] yp.shoutcast.com touched!
Old 7th March 2014, 12:26   #13
DrO

i understand that this is not a situation that should be happening (as is the nature of bugs) and that it has an impact on the station numbers and so i've re-applied the existing workaround for the second time today and due to having to do that, i cannot guarantee the YP clustering issue not happening again on your stream.

as all v1.x based listings are inherently prone to this issue, it just doesn't happen for the majority of listings. hence why it's preferred for those who are experiencing it to update to a current release of the DNAS (instead of using one from over 7years ago) so it can make use of the YP platform fixes which were implemented to avoid this issue happening (as trying to maintain listings without a fixed point of data (which an IP address is not) is why the issue happens.

as for the platform you're using, even if it only supports v1.x, all of the compatibility aspects in v2.2.1 should allow it to work as a direct replacement of a v1.x DNAS just as a direct replacement of the sc_serv program file. so if you are going to contact them, you can direct any issues they have to me directly.
Old 7th March 2014, 12:30   #14
CacoteoRadio

Thank you sir for your help, I already sent a ticket to WHMSonic as everything is streamlined within their software for the station, but they have not upgraded yet to allow v2 which should have been implemented a long time ago.

I really appreciate your help in fixing this matter Dro. Thanks
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support