Old 14th April 2007, 00:49   #1
! ! ! 007AMP
Banned

Send a message via AIM to ! ! ! 007AMP
Are the White House E-mails Really Lost?

April 13, 2007 - The White House had bad news this week for Democrats seeking official government e-mails that may include information about the firing of eight U.S. attorneys. Such messages, including missives from senior adviser Karl Rove, may have been lost, the Bush administration claimed, because they were sent through private accounts rather than the official government e-mail system. A White House spokesman says that the aides used private accounts to avoid violating a law barring government officials from doing political business using government resources; congressional Democrats charge that the staffers may have deliberately used Republican National Committee accounts to avoid normal review.....

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18097374/site/newsweek/
! ! ! 007AMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 01:44   #2
rockouthippie
Banned

What I have trouble figuring out is that even if this allegation is proven, it's not a crime.

Presidents can hire and fire US attorneys at whim. Clinton fired the whole staff.

Unless they can find a prosecution that was deliberately tampered with......which they haven't.

The allegation is that the US attorneys were pursuing republicans more than democrats and that's why they got fired.

I think showing bias is a very good reason to fire US attorneys.

With all the screaming "Impeach Bush", no criminal activity has been proven. Clinton can't say that.

If this current witchhunt proves successful, what did they prove?. Some gvt employees used computers in an unauthorized manner?. Big deal.

If they prove all of this, they proved some misdemeanors.

You'd think the democrats proved Bush blew up the trade center, with the zeal they are exploring this incident of minor misconduct, if any exists at all.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 02:13   #3
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

I don't know if this has crossed you mind or not, but think of a basketball game.
Lots of times, coaches will complain if their team is getting a lot more fouls called on them than the other team. However VERY RARELY DOES IT CROSS THEIR MINDS THAT IT IS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE THAT THEIR TEAM MAY ACTUALLY BE COMMITTING MANY MORE FOULS THAN THE OTHER.

Seriously, you are the most brainwashed person I have ever met. Think about it.

Please don't respond with some worn out snap about how evil liberals have ensnared me with their net. You could not be more wrong.
just as a refresher:
I am and have been for as long as I can remember, libertarian. If I had only two options to pick between, I would without a doubt, favor being Republican over Dem.
However, I believe the current state of the Republican party is appallingly corrupt.

How many neocon convictions does it take to turn on your light bulb? Without a doubt, you would need every single neocon convicted of everything, to admit their "inadequacies", but if their's a rumor that a Democrat stepped in dogshit, you call for their heads.

You have absolutely no strand of a rational decision making process.
You are totally, and completely irrationally biased.
Your opinion is entirely worthless.

elevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladyelevatorladylevitateme
shakey_snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 03:02   #4
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by shakey_snake
I believe the current state of the Republican party is appallingly corrupt.
Compared to what?. I don't see anyone bringing allegations of assassination like Vince Foster. I haven't seen the president commit proven perjury. I haven't seen him give missile technology to the chinese. I haven't seen him accept foreign campaign contributions from Singapore and then using an environmental excuse to destroy coal mining in Utah. Bush's attorney general didn't burn a bunch of children to death in a school bus, or shoot Randy Weavers baby. Maybe you don't remember that the BATF didn't find any illegal weapons, which was allegedly why they did these raids?.

Whitewater, Hillaries activities at the Rose law firm..... we could keep going.

It's very fortunate that the Clintons had Janet Reno around to save their bacon.

Crooked, fuck me.....

There is no evidence that GB personally has committed a crime of any kind. Not even any reasonable allegations. Thats gotta be a first in american politics. Except maybe Carter, who was incompetent too.

If you believed Michael Moore or Alex Jones, shouldn't we all be getting rounded up and sent to a FEMA camp by now?.

????

"I hate Bush" and "Bush is Hitler" aside. Bush isn't up to the task at hand, but that's not a reason to think the democrats would do any better, despite their cries that Bush is a facist.

After seeing the bigoted legislation that came out of the house of representatives last year as regards illegal aliens, who are the facists?.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 14th April 2007 at 03:44.
Old 14th April 2007, 03:42   #5
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
Originally posted by rockouthippie
Compared to what?
Obviously comparative logic will fail us here. So why bother bringing it up?

If both parties are admittedly crooked, why stop someone from rounding up any of them?

Old 14th April 2007, 03:45   #6
rockouthippie
Banned

Because I was alive during Nixon. The coverup of a petty burglary just about destroyed the country. One of the most popular and effective presidents the US ever had, brought down by covering up a petty burglary.

Like anything that anyone discovered at Elsbergs office would have changed the outcome of the landslide against George McGovern.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 14th April 2007 at 04:04.
Old 14th April 2007, 04:00   #7
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Yet, a not-so-pristine politician was (effectively) removed from office.

That would be an example of the system working, would it not?

Old 14th April 2007, 04:11   #8
rockouthippie
Banned

I don't think so. I think it's a sign of the government self destructing. Nobody wants that. It would make a hell of a mess.

When was the last time you heard anyone really talking about important issues?. The news is who is getting indicted for what.

This is why we will lose the Iraq war. Both sides have a full time job trying to prove who is dirtier. Actually running the government and serving the public trust hasn't been the way an election gets won in a long time.

Frankly, I find the public hatred of Bush and of Clinton before him to be really scary. Neither of these guys really deserves the depth of hatred they found in the american public.

I think the american public would make good choices for proper balance of our lives. What's happened is that we've gone batshit to one side or the other screaming hate.
Old 14th April 2007, 04:17   #9
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
I don't think so. I think it's a sign of the government self destructing. Nobody wants that. It would make a hell of a mess.
um... I believe that is the very definition of our government working.

Quote:
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.
Am I somehow wrong here?

It would be a sign of the destruction of a corruption, but obviously, corruption and government are not ideally though to be synonymous.

Old 14th April 2007, 04:24   #10
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
um... I believe that is the definition of our government working.

Am I somehow wrong here?

It would be a sign of the destruction of a corrupt party, but obviously, party and government are not synonymous.
Out of the frying pan into the fire?. Do you really think things would really be better if Gore had been elected?.

When you put a rat in a maze with only one exit, doesn't the black rat and the white rat find the same hole?.

War is screwed because war is screwed. If Gore had won, we would still be in Iraq and we would still be screwed.

This is the same bullshit I was listening to in the 70s, while I watched guys a little older than me come home in body bags.

Bickering, bitching while 20,000 men died in Asia. It took Nixon to actually stop it.

Destroy one corrupt party, and the other one would gain unlimited power. Maybe the best we can do is to keep them backbiting over petty stuff.
Old 14th April 2007, 04:32   #11
shakey_snake
Forum Domo

Quote:
Out of the frying pan into the fire?. Do you really think things would really be better if Gore had been elected?.

When you put a rat in a maze with only one exit, doesn't the black rat and the white rat find the same hole?.

War is screwed because war is screwed. If Gore had won, we would still be in Iraq and we would still be screwed.
This is the post where you run out of things to say and try to accociate me with some party, that's contrary to yours.
This you cannot do. (but you try to very often)
Of course, we were not even talking about who was elected as president in 2000, so your post is completely irrelevant.

----------------------
back on topic here:
Why do you continue to stick up for these crooks in the white house?

[edit: you seem to have edited]
Quote:
This is the same bullshit I was listening to in the 70s, while I watched guys a little older than me come home in body bags.
Are you calling the Declaration of Independence bullshit?

[edit: you seem to have edited again. Perhaps you could refrain from posting until you've completed your thought? It's rather annoying.]
Quote:
Destroy one corrupt party, and the other one would gain unlimited power. Maybe the best we can do is to keep them backbiting over petty stuff.
Why not just take out corruption where ever we see it? Then we wouldn't have to worry about some unlimited party.
what we would see is an alternating of gradually less corrupt parties. That'd be best for everyone, right?

It does make sense to you that the party in power would be more visibly corrupt than the minority party, correct?
Thus it does make sense as to why these attorneys were targeting more Republicans at the moment.

You seem awfully willing to settle for second best, in this discusion.

Last edited by shakey_snake; 14th April 2007 at 04:51.
Old 14th April 2007, 04:44   #12
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
This is the post where you run out of things to say and try to accociate me with some party, that's contrary to yours.
This you cannot do. (but you try to very often)
Of course, we were not even talking about who was elected as president in 2000, so your post is completely irrelevant.

----------------------
back on topic here:

[edit: you seem to have edited]
Are you calling the Declaration of Independence bullshit?
Using the Declaration of Independence as an argument for your point is bullshit.

Individuals on both sides of the aisle have committed crimes, but we are hardly finding a government that is so oppressive that we need to take up arms against it.

The purpose here is not a fight for liberty, it's a political struggle by means of broad sweeping witch hunts, left and right propaganda, exaggerations and lies.

The commodity is american hatred. Can I make the american public hate the other guy enough to vote for me?.

Quote:
Prove it. A zillion democrats jumped all over this and the only thing that gets anywhere near the whitehouse is a petty misuse of gvt computers and firing US attorneys that Bush had every right to fire?.

If they are really crooks. Prove it. All I hear so far is a lot of innuendo and bald faced lies. A lot of people believe Michael Moores movie. Investigate for yourself. There isn't a damn true thing in it.

Bush's crimes?. No stem cell research. A tax break for the middle and upper middle class, and bankruptcy is a little harder and a war that has been waiting for us for a couple decades. BFD. Not Hitler. Not facism. Not even a cut in the entitlements of the welfare state.

I think you confuse Bush with the far right. If he is, you'd never know it by what he's done.

I think he's just about the other side of Bill Clinton, who was also a moderate.

Frankly, I wish either of them had been able to find some way to show real leadership.

I would shake the hand of either man, and thank him for their service to the country because basically despite bitching and moaning, things could be a hell of a lot worse.

Life as we know it has not ended and if we ignore all this media and political BS, we can screw the pooch like we always have. It'll give us time to save up some spit for the soldiers like it did in Vietnam, while we devote our national energy to stopping name calling..... unilaterally?.

Are we in junior high?. Don't smoke, wear your safety belt and clean underwear.... baaaa sheep baaaa..... and don't call people names.... unless they are fat, smoke drink or are an illegal alien... Of course, you still can't call the mexicans names, but you can round up 12 million of them and ship them off to starve at home. Let's make it a felony for clergy to help them too.....

So says the bastion of liberal freedom in our house of representatives?.

Freedom of speech is really good too, as long as you're not a conservative talk show host that makes an ass out of himself.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 14th April 2007 at 05:46.
Old 14th April 2007, 14:54   #13
tuckerm
Forum Emo

Where is Windude when you need him?
tuckerm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2007, 17:13   #14
mikm
Major Dude

This is far too tame for Windude