Old 16th March 2012, 20:11   #1
rockouthippie
Banned

Webcam suicide case

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/d...7#.T2OcKBEgcpU

This case is nutty liberals off the deep end.

Two guys are roommates in college. One of them sets up a web cam because he thinks the new gay roommate's boyfriend is 'sketchy'. He catches them kissing and posts it to the internet. Later, gay roommate takes a swan dive off the GW bridge. Roommate gets 10-150 years for a hate crime.

The courts did not examine whether the webcam incident was related to the suicide. For all we know, gay dude splashed because he broke a nail.

OMG! It's web-slaughter!

Gay rights organizations are considering this a victory. It adds a little more drama to killing yourself when you can get the rest of us to make a dog and pony show out of it.

Suicide is the crime here, not screwing around with a webcam. I should be careful. I might invoke the wrath of the politically correct thought police.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 16th March 2012 at 21:24.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 21:23   #2
Warrior of the Light
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockouthippie View Post
It adds a little more drama to killing yourself when you can get the rest of us to make a dog and pony show out of it.
by posting it here, you're adding to the drama

Jesus loves you [yes, you] so much, he even died for you so that you will not need to die, but live forever
Warrior of the Light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 21:24   #3
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Send a message via ICQ to mike-db
I still find the idea of suicide being a criminal act silly, so if you commit suicide (successfully). With no one that is obvious to blame is said suicidal person charged with the crime of murdering him/her self?

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
mike-db is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th March 2012, 21:25   #4
rockouthippie
Banned

I think it's really easy to find the criminal in a suicide case. They aren't going anywhere.

I am invoking the antithesis of drama. What should have happened here?

Nothing. Nothing isn't drama.

We should all figure out how to make nothing happen when nothing is what should happen. Crazy, unstable, gay, depressed college student takes a dive? Whose fault is that?

Shit happens.

If your non-gay roommate takes a dive because you were giving him a bunch of shit, it isn't a hate crime.

But people don't commit suicide because of anyone else. That's something they come up with all on their own.
Old 16th March 2012, 21:31   #5
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

I just don't get it, if there is no one that is obvious for the suicide what the hell happens?

"In other news, John Boarsnot committed suicide over his last name... The court has decided to charge not just John him self but the whole family for un-avoidable mistreatment of the victim through constant jokes and daily harassment from all who have made some sort of comment on the name. Judge Judy states that "Life is too cruel to have such a ridiculous last name, they should have all legally changed their name to something more traditional" suicide awareness activists have said that "Judy did the right thing here, if anyone has to pay it's the family as a whole! We feel that she should have stepped up and even charged the government for allowing such a silly name to be originally registered to begin with!" no comment has been given on whether the government is to pay for damages or not."

Lol.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 16th March 2012, 21:35   #6
rockouthippie
Banned

You can imagine a guy I used to know. Harold Surprise. Pronounced Sup-preez... Hi Harry

I have a weird old long Dutch last name. You get over it, if you're not a liberal
Old 16th March 2012, 21:37   #7
mike-db
Pancakes!
(Major Dude)

Sup-preez sounds more like a exotic sports car, I give him props for having such an awesome name and should sell that name to Ferrari or something.

SEX APPEAL UP IN HERE!
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Old 16th March 2012, 21:39   #8
rockouthippie
Banned

Maybe your dad named you Kal-El... Whatever Nico is on, I want some.

Surprise.. nice guy... Canada French.. Pretty good at "Surprising" the girls... A good fellow hunting dog back in the day......

Oh... and suicide or attempted suicide is against the law in all 50 states...

In Oregon, terminally ill people may seek a medically assisted option, but that's under 100 people in 10 years of that being legal.

No one is to blame for suicide, except the person that did it. Nothing is an excuse for suicide and if there was, it wouldn't be a roommate fooling around with a web cam.

In this case, we don't even know that one thing was related to the other.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News