Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News

Old 10th August 2012, 00:08   #1
rockouthippie
Banned

Four Pinocchios for Harry Reid’s claim about Mitt Romney’s taxes

Quote:
Reid has generated a lot of controversy with his claim that presumptive GOP nominee did not pay any taxes for 10 years. He originally told the Huffington Post that a person who had invested with Bain Capital had called his office and told him this. Then, he told reporters in Nevada that “I have had a number of people tell me that.”
This is bullshit. Even the Washington Post thinks so.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...161d_blog.html

Romney has a problem too. I don't care if he paid taxes as long as what he did was legal, and we have absolutely every reason to think it was. WTF is a guy supposed to do? "Oh Gee... I don't think I paid enough taxes.. so I'll just send in some extra "

Minus any indication that there is a crime committed, Romney's tax returns are his own business.

I don't think it matters as long as he paid what he was legally required to pay. We'll leave that to guys like Reid that figured out what that was. Romney didn't make the tax code, and if it isn't fair, it's Reid and cohorts that made the tax code, not Romney.

Anybody pays as little taxes as they can. Anybody might not want to give their lifetime tax history up for a liberal fishing expedition.

Everybody thinks because the rich sometimes pay fairly low taxes, that it's some sort of trickery. Taking every deduction and avoiding taxes you're not required to pay, that's just business.
rockouthippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 00:43   #2
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

Send a message via AIM to swingdjted Send a message via Yahoo to swingdjted
I'll mostly agree, but I still have to attack the policies (not so much Romney's tax history). In 2011 and likely previous years, my household paid a higher percentage of income to federal taxes than Mitt's and other extremely rich people. That's a true policy problem if you ask me. I attack Romney for this because he isn't willing to fix it, or at least he has not at all been specific on how.

I get what you're saying - hate the game, not the player. And, that would be a good argument for any bazillionaire that has nothing to do with tax policy editing. But, Romney is campaigning for a position where he would be very influential when it comes to federal tax policy. When he shows absolutely no willingness to provide a specific plan to fix this, I do feel justified in speaking out against him on this topic.

Don't forget to live before you die.
swingdjted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2012, 03:49   #3
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I still have to attack the policies
The policies (Is that Orwell newspeak?)

Which policies were those? Who is the establishment? I'll admit it can be the far right, but it's also the far left. They've both done a pretty good job of feathering their nests.

We've listened to Obama for 5 years talking about the policies of the Republicans. What he hasn't done is shown how he's done anything much different.

There are a lot of Democrat politicians out there decrying the policies they voted for. And if I'm gonna pick campaign strategies. Romney is the hopey changey guy now. Obama's entire campaign is based on trying to OMG.... you'll be back in chains if you vote for Mitt..... George Bush... Republicans.. war on women!

I just couldn't vote for a guy that's that full of shit.. I know feminists want to get free federal abortion for male babies up to the 120th trimester, and that Bruce, Steve and 2 dozen of their closest friends want to get married, but I could give a damn.

Fix the economy. And how you do that depends on your perspective. Can you tax your way out of a recession? No. You have to grow your way out of it. This is why we should put a businessman in charge.
Old 28th October 2012, 23:19   #4
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

A policy that gives tax cuts for extremely rich people. That's one I'll cite as an example, which I will attack, saying it should be allowed to expire. I never mentioned democrats or republicans. I mention issues and take them one at a time and I don't make my decision based on party affiliation, even if my decisions do seem to follow a pattern. As you said, sometimes you'll find guilty parties on both sides.

As far as a businessman to grow the economy? Obama is already doing it and has been ever since his actual policies went into effect. Romney's policies don't even exist yet. He refuses to tell us what they are. "Taxing our way out of recession"/depression may sound horrible when you say it with those words, but it has worked several times, especially in the worst of situations - the Great Depression.

Either way, Romney's words, when he tries to claim that he has a plan (although very vague), should be taken with a grain of salt. There's no telling what he'll do because he always contradicts himself. How can someone trust him to even attempt to follow his words when his entire career is full of hipocracy? Pinocchio? Pinocchio is a saint compared to this:

Old 29th October 2012, 19:57   #5
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
Obama is already doing it
No employment numbers this bad since Jimmy Carter. Family income down $4000...

Yeah, he's done it alright. And we haven't even implemented Obamacare yet. That should about finish us off. Romney has a good plan .... Undo Obama. It's a good plan.

Actually Ted, you're in the minority of white men. They prefer Romney 2 to 1. Maybe they are just used to buying their own condoms. Then God helped out by blowing the east coast away... If California would just fall in the ocean, we'd be in good shape.
Old 29th October 2012, 22:47   #6
swingdjted
DRINK BEER NOW
(Forum King)

I don't find the fact that I am a White male important when it comes to who I vote for, and quite honestly, I've grown quite embarrased of "my kind" trying to put everyone else down.

I make my own decisions based on outcomes. If the outcome is to "undo Obama", then the outcome is going back to the extremely fast drop in the economy and extremely fast increase in joblessness, not to mention bringing Osama Bin Laden back to life, and restarting the utter stupidity that was the war in Iraq. Undoing Obama would also reduce domestic coal, oil, and natural gas production while increasing our importing of fossil fuels. Sure, bring back unfair credit and banking practices, crippling health insurance eligibility standards, and unequal pay for equal work... The list goes on and on. Go ahead and increase your font size again if that's what you enjoy, but even on that point, Carter's job creation was better than the terms that surround him, both before and after.

Old 30th October 2012, 19:19   #7
rockouthippie
Banned

Quote:
I've grown quite embarrased of "my kind" trying to put everyone else down.
Did they use electricity to jolt you into spewing that liberal horseshit? I mean really.

Quote:
If the outcome is to "undo Obama", then the outcome is going back to the extremely fast drop in the economy and extremely fast increase in joblessness, not to mention bringing Osama Bin Laden back to life, and restarting the utter stupidity that was the war in Iraq.
How could you figure that? Obama didn't close Gitmo or end the war in Iraq any sooner than Bush would have. Jobs? We have the worst job numbers in 31 years.. And I don't see how you figure that if Al Gore had been elected President that we would have avoided the Iraq war. Gore would have gone too. And like wars are, it would still be screwed. Minus the Bush tax cuts, the recession would have been even deeper. Bush did not cause the economic problem. It would have been there for Gore too.

By the time Obama got Bin Laden, Bin Laden was largely irrelevant. Bush probably couldn't have killed him if he knew where he was. Obama even fiddle farted around for more than a year before he did it. Killing Bin Laden in 2005 is quite a different thing from killing him in 2012. People have a short attention span, and Bin Laden wasn't on the radar anymore. You'll notice killing him in 2012 didn't start much of a fuss.

Of course, Clinton could have and should have killed the son-bitch after Bin Laden bombed the USS Cole. We wouldn't even be having this conversation.

You attribute things Obama did to Obama, and I attribute them to what any President would do. Reagan's monkey would have killed Bin Laden. Reagan's monkey could have lost 100 billion in green energy fails. Reagan's monkey could have passed the new patriot act. None of this took a leader, which is fortunate because Obama isn't one. I'd like to see Michelle take a whack at it.

Even Paul Krugman knows higher taxes means less jobs. It doesn't take a rocket scientist. What's funny is.... where Obama has tampered... (i.e. green energy) no significant number of jobs have been created. Our improvement in jobs numbers .... we did that! In spite of Obama, not because of him.

Last edited by rockouthippie; 30th October 2012 at 20:26.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Breaking News