Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 30th November 2018, 05:32   #1
Postillion

Winamp no longer automatically handling file type changes in playlist

Hi, I am running windows 10. Recently Winamp seems to mute when playing different file types, such as going from FLAC to mp3. Clicking the volume slider in Winamp gets the sound playing again. While it is silent the frequency indicator bars are indicating sound and the counter is tickig up the seconds. I have a mix of file types - mostly mp3,FLAC and m4a. I tried upgrading from Winamp 5.666 to 5.8 but the problem persists. I output the sound to a USB DAC - originally vis Maiko WASAPI and now via the Winamp equivalent in 5.8. I get automatic windows updates, so possibly this is part of the problem. Please can you help!! Have been using Winamp in this way for 12 years and love it!
Postillion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 04:28   #2
musicf8
Major Dude

have you tried a clean install of winamp 5.666 without any 3rd party plugins?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp: (Winamp 5.8) is not an ongoing project get wacup

Winamp v5.6.6.3516 bumping on Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500 (Winamp 5.8 Beta )
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2018, 06:31   #3
Postillion

Hi Musicf8
Sort of - 5.666 was working fine. Then had this problem. I did a clean reinstall and reinstalled Miaiko - same result. I used Maiko for the better sound output. tried using the Nulsoft driver - no help. binned all that & tried 5.8 with the built in Nulsoft ASIO driver. same prob. can this be something to do with windows?
Thanks
Postillion
Old 1st December 2018, 06:59   #4
musicf8
Major Dude

That's hard to say, for me personally I am using windows 10 Pro (pre 1809) with Winamp 5.666, cPro2 and matrix mixer and mine never crashes. Maybe it is your soundcard software, what are you using? I'm using Soundblaster Z, are you using any other audio software for listening? just for safety purposes you might want to download malwarebytes and give your computer a scan. The other thing is do you have replaygain on?

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Winamp v5.6.6.3516 bumping on Windows 10 Pro w/ Logitech Z-5500 (Winamp 5.8 Beta )
Old 1st December 2018, 07:16   #5
Postillion

Hi Musicf8 - using a USB DAC so the idea is to totally bypass the soundcard and the Windows audio processing. I don't use any other audio software and have a pretty new build of Windows 10. I use Kaspersky Internet Security and that is pretty heavy duty and I don't have any malware. Yes, under Gen Preferences/Playback Current Settings replay gain is selected. Turned it off - didn't make any differences. the issue is Winamp doesn't seem to remember to swap codecs when it plays a different file type. eg moving from mp3 to FLAC. I use a mixture of file types. Clicking the volume slider gets the sound playing again with the next file type.
Old 1st December 2018, 07:25   #6
musicf8
Major Dude

Yeah, that does seem weird, because I have mostly FLAC and MP3 with I think a few m4a and no issues.. Can you try this? Try unplugging your DAC, reboot, run winamp and try playing your music through your aux/output port on your computer/laptop. Let me know if you have issues.

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Old 8th December 2018, 23:04   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
To me, this sounds like a problem with the USB driver and output plugin.

What happens when u use the 5.8 directsound output plugin?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 04:20   #8
Postillion

Mr Sinatra - You're the man!! Problem solved. Thanks so much!! Yes, the bug must be in the Nullsoft WASAPI plug-in.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
multiple file types