Old 14th May 2012, 23:59   #1
Trilight!

Winamp opens but does not work in Windows 7

Does anyone know what the problem might be or how to solve it based on the following description?

I downloaded and installed the most recent version of Winamp on my newly built PC i7 3630 CPU with ASUS Rampage IV Extreme MOBO, ASUS Radeon HD7970 DC2T graphics card and using MOBO sound and running Windows 7. No extra plugins were installed. Just the regular Winamp version. The MOBO has onboard sound: Realtek® ALC898 7.1-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC.

The program will open and will establish a media library with over 15,000 items consisting of mostly FLAC and MP3 sound files (from a network NAS). I am using Big Bento skin. I can click on the following items in the left side panel: recently added, recently played, never played, top rated, audio by genre and rock music. The files for each are then displayed.

I can add exfm and play the songs that show up. I can add and download a podcast and play that.

THE PROBLEM: I cannot click in the Search box, nor click on any of the audio files and get them to play. Nothing happens, no highlighting of the selection.

So, what is the problem? Any ideas?
Trilight! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 00:08   #2
DrO

most likely you've got the system text font setup above 125% scaling which is known to be problematic when using Winamp and the Bento skins. you can confirm if that is the case by selecting the 'Winamp Classic' skin and seeing if that allows you to click on things as needed.

if it is then you could try changing the compatibility setting on the winamp.exe properties so 'disable display scaling on high dpi settings' is checked and then see if that helps when using the Bento skin.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th May 2012, 02:02   #3
Trilight!

Thank you for the info

Thanks for the info. I will try that right now. I was thinking that it might be my Logitech G9X mouse!
Old 15th May 2012, 02:05   #4
Trilight!

Yipey Kio Kiay!

That was it. It now works! Thanks a bunch! EXCEPT that Classic is one bright skin! Gave me an immediate suntan!
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support