Old 2nd June 2016, 03:44   #1
Luvi

mpeg4 wont play in Secondlife

so my shoutcast says i must buy WinAmp Pro toconvert mpeg4 files to mp3 so that they will play streaming in SecondLife which, apparently,doesnt support streaming in mpeg4.

Third party offerings of WinAmp Pro are dumptrucks full of extras and i cant figure out how to just get it direct from WinAmp (why is this???) either because I just cant find the right place to do it or it isnt on that dumb Camel page that always sends me to the forums for endless hours of often useless searching.Ugh!

WinAmp has a send-to button that should convert files, although i still cant figure out the file naming instructions.

The encode box in Shoutcast is inactive, i.e, i cant change it from AAC to MP3, even if i place an MP3 library in Winamp

I have gotten the stream to SecondLife on my own property, where the controls wont allow it to play because it is still in MPEG4 from the AAC origins ( I guess)

In short, how do I get my stream to send mp3 files instead of in the AAC format.

Is there someplace from Winamp the company that I can actually find a download, paid or free, for the Winamp pro that I need for Windows 10? I think that would solve the problem.
Luvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd June 2016, 12:19   #2
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvi View Post
Is there someplace from Winamp the company that I can actually find a download, paid or free, for the Winamp pro that I need for Windows 10?
Nope.
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=374929

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 02:16   #3
Luvi

Thanks ryerman

"nope" and a link to a Jan 29 2014 page with 30+different urls that are all now 2.5 years old and quite out of date. You really rock, important dude! Thanks a million.
Old 3rd June 2016, 02:23   #4
Luvi

I asked these questions trying to find answers. If you cant help me with any of thee problems, then dont use this thread as an opportunity to be negative, if you can manage that..
Old 3rd June 2016, 02:29   #5
Luvi

So the question at the center is this, how do I get Shoutcast to stream mp3 files.
Old 3rd June 2016, 02:58   #6
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Try here
http://help.winamp.com/customer/portal/emails/new

Though the best way is to use the Help link in Winamp > Prefs > Winamp Pro
as that takes you directly to the same form and auto fills in some of the fields....

Be sure to include a first & last name and a valid email address,
and also some text in the message field explaining the problem/request.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 09:03   #7
ryerman
Major Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvi View Post
"nope" and a link to a Jan 29 2014 page with 30+different urls that are all now 2.5 years old and quite out of date. You really rock, important dude! Thanks a million.
Don't mention it. You're welcome.

Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Winamp 5.666, Bento Skin
ryerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2016, 11:11   #8
Dr.Flay

Send a message via ICQ to Dr.Flay Send a message via Skype™ to Dr.Flay
ryerman gave you a valid answer, which only comes in a negative form, because there is no "yes you can buy the Pro version".
Looking at the link posted I see the first link is "Winamp Downloads", where you can download all versions from the post underneath!
And it clearly states
Quote:
"Winamp Pro purchases will also be temporarily unavailable
whilst code licensed to/by the previous owner is removed/replaced"
Why even read past the fist 2 posts where the links are, if they work ?
You can choose any version and wish for a key to make it Pro.
It sounds like you already installed the Pro version, so you do not need to download anything more.

If you only install the pro version you still do not have a key, just a more complete version.

No idea how you managed to spend hours looking for the easy to find info, unless you type nonsense or full human sentences into search engines.
Try this instead http://lmgtfy.com/?q=winamp+pro+features
Open the first link leading to the Winamp help, and read the clear list of features only available with a key.

If you do not have a Pro key then you cannot convert any file formats into MP3.
Not OGG, WAV, MP2, WMA or AAC.

No idea of your logic behind showing Winamp an MP3 to make AAC work, that will do nothing but allow Winamp to see the MP3.
Software is programmed to do stuff or not. It does not work like coaxing a cat out of a hedge with a treat. It will not change its mind because you show it something.

DJ Egg has given you the only life-line available, and it is a very thin and fragile life-line that could break at any moment.

Negative is all you can have. There is no "Winamp Company" (the last owners were AOL) and the current owners (Radionomy) are messing around.

Frankly pressuring the Secondlife devs to use a more optimised streaming format would be preferable, as it sounds like they are stuck in the 1990s.

My weekly radio show for nerds and wannabe nerds 15% Extra on Source FM every Friday
Dr.Flay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2016, 03:10   #9
Luvi

Thanks, Dr Flay. I have Pro now, and I have recognition of streaming in SecondLife. I am still not able to hear music there. What is so simple to you is totally bewildering to a noob like me. Thanks for making me look and feel stupid.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
mp3 stream, secondlife, shoutcast encoding