Old 22nd November 2012, 00:43   #1
Syzygy

Izotope Ozone Paid Version Available?

I have used the Ozone MP plugin for quite some time, and have always been very pleased with it. I figured it was time to ante up and pay the bucks to get the full paid version. I was very disappointed to see that Izotope has discontinued sales of the Ozone MP plugin. No explanation was given as to why it was discontinued, even when I inquired by email.

Has anyone found a way to "go back in time" and get the full version somehow?

(I know, a lot of folks object to the use of DSPs altogether; but there are certain situations in which I find the good ones very useful.)

If this has been asked and answered, please forgive me. I tried to spot an answer in the forum, but may have just not done a good job.
Syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 03:11   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi Syzygy,

I was a very happy user of the paid version of the Ozone plug-in for years. But iZotope dropped support for it a long time ago when they introduced Ozone 5. It is not compatible with any Windows versions pass XP. It was designed to save configuration data in ways that are now restricted in newer versions of Windows.

I suggest you give Stereo Tool a try.

http://www.stereotool.com/

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2012, 03:41   #3
Syzygy

Thanks, Aminifu. It's good to know that Ozone MP essentially died with XP. Even though my music server is still on XP, it probably won't be for much longer.

If you liked Ozone (like I do), and you think Stereo Tool is worth a look, I will definitely give it a shot. Your advice is much appreciated.
Syzygy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support