Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 15th November 2011, 20:06   #1
vampm

AVS: CPU reaches 100% when an avs viz is running and other programs play. Read more!

When I have avs running, regardless if a song is being played or not, and have media player classic playing music, or firefox running flash objects (the plugincontainer.exe) the CPU reaches 100% and the viz are playing faster. If I close these programs the cpu goes to low usage (or as much a viz neeeds or any other app).
Also another dj program, if I set on the cue device (it has two devices air & cue), it does the same as with the programs above.
Any idea on this?
This happens to all versions of winamp. I dont know if its an avs specific problem (avs ver2.81d). I have win xp sp2.
vampm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 20:16   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi vampm,

You have not provided any hardware info (CPU, GPU, RAM). This may be normal for your system when multitasking apps that require a lot of resources.
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2011, 21:05   #3
vampm

Addition: For the dj program that I said; When I use Virtual Audio Cable, if I select the VAC device in both cue or air device, the cpu goes 100%

The cpu has nothing to do. its @ 2.4ghz.
Old 17th November 2011, 09:24   #4
DrO

AVS is heavily based on available CPU resources so it is important when using it. either way i wouldn't expect anything to be even attempted to look into this due to all of the 3rd party software you're using and no one works on vis_avs (as all prior attempts just cause it to break so no one will touch it now).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2013, 20:47   #5
vampm

RESURRECT!!!

Hi again, after two years the same problem.
It doesnt matter how much fast/slow cpu you have. The avs preset I use is quite primitive, the UnconED - Speeder, so almost NO cpu usage in normal situations.

If firefox (12v I use, happens with above) opens some sites (with scripts?), avs goes double speed and almost 50% usage on a 4-core cpu, even after you close firefox. Same happens with plugin-container of firefox (->youtube vdeos), if you kill that process the avs runs normal again. If I fire up adobe audition cs5, even after I close it, avs goes bad.
For this and the "weird" sites, the only fix is to restart my pc.

So to use avs without a problem I must/should not fire up firefox, audition and dont use VirtualAudioCable.

Any idea why this happens?
Old 3rd November 2013, 18:08   #6
DrO

nope and i wouldn't expect to see anything done to determine the cause of it - AVS is effectively a dead plug-in and just shipped for legacy purposes. nothing is stopping you getting the source code and working out what's going on from that.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports