Old 8th June 2014, 03:23   #1
Erwin Jabor

Artwork not displaying everywhere...

Hi,
I also have to work with no-ip and shoutcast. Using the latest versions. Everything is working fine except artwork. I cannot becoming it to work. I see artwork only at the PC where I'm running shoutcast. The other PC's in the same network and also on distance cannot see them.

Regards Erwin Jabor
Erwin Jabor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 16:19   #2
DrO

artwork in what... the DNAS status pages or something else? also what version of the DNAS and source software and player software are you using?

as generally unless everything is v2.x compatible, even if your source is providing artwork to a v2.x DNAS, if relays or client software does not support the v2.x protocol, you will not get artwork passed on through the system.

[edit]
i've only just seen the 5 effectively duplicate messages in the Source DSP thread.

you need to clearly and concisely show where things are not showing up, etc as even from those other posts (which i've now removed), it is not clear how / what you're checking things.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 20:31   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
DrO,

this reminds me of a past discussion, and while not likely the issue here I thought might be worth mentioning jic...

but isn't there a size/resolution limit to what SC will send out? I remember something about that when u implemented art for streams. I thought whatever it was, was reasonable, like 500kb or something like that, but I have forgotten the exact limits, do you know?

also, if art surpasses the limit, does it fail in the dsp, the dnas, or just the client?

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th June 2014, 20:38   #4
DrO

the limit is just under 512KiB for what can be sent (is equivalent of 32 data packets) and if image source is over the limit (since it's just sending the png file as-is if it was png artwork), the Source DSP will just not send it to the DNAS (and even if it did. the DNAS would treat it as a bad data resource and drop it).
Old 9th June 2014, 20:42   #5
MrSinatra
Forum King

so just to be clear, at which point does art that is too big fail display-wise to the SC dj? meaning, if the dj tries to send out 800KiB art, does the dsp show the art in the dsp, or no?

--
Old 9th June 2014, 20:46   #6
DrO

the Source DSP will indicate if the artwork is too large on one of the tabs (i can't remember which one as i've not used the plug-in in months). but it will still attempt to show the artwork which is available on the metadata tab (at the request of your prior suggestions).
Old 9th June 2014, 20:49   #7
MrSinatra
Forum King

I should know all that. I'm in the same boat as you, as I haven't been the primary admin for the webstreams in a while, but I like to keep my knowledge current for when they have trouble.

hopefully Erwin responds, and verifies the art he is using is under 512KiB.

--
Old 9th June 2014, 20:51   #8
DrO

hopefully so, as it could even be the v1 protocol is being used (which has no support for artwork), though the other posts seemed to imply the usage of the current DNAS (but then again i've seen other people say they're on the current one and it transpires to be a v1.x DNAS).
Old 25th June 2014, 16:30   #9
pedritus

Sorry to mingle myself into the conversation, but for sometime I've been running a Shoutcast V2 radio, successfully broadcasting song titles, history and (I believe) artwork.

However, I can't find a player (or a website that generates player code) that displays artwork obtained from my Shoutcast V2 radio server.

So, while Erwin complaints that he can't see his artwork "Everywhere", I cannot see it "Anywhere"

Example1: http://mixstream.net/streaming/creat...dio-player.php
Example2: shoutcast.flashradio.info (displays artwork from amazon, or another online source)
Example3: VLC (only shows art when playing local files, not shoutcast streaming)
Example4: Winamp (same as VLC, I believe)

None of these players, be them .EXE clients or web hosted, display my album art , or stream branding art.

Any piece of help of how to see my artwork being displayed (besides http://127.0.0.1:8000/playingart?sid=1 or http://127.0.0.1:8000/streamart?sid=1) would be appreciated.

Kind Regards

PS: I'll keep creating my well-behaved cover.jpg with under 512KB...
pedritus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th June 2014, 18:15   #10
DrO

Winamp can display it as long as you're using a compatible version (and i'm referring only to the desktop version, i don't believe the Android version implemented support for it). so you need to be using 5.64 or newer (preferably v5.666 build 3516 + plug-in patches as per my signature).

as for the other players, they're all using the SHOUTcast v1 protocol which doesn't support sending the artwork to clients (only the v2 protocol does that). though as you've seen, it's possible to query the artwork from the DNAS for the specific stream.

though easiest way for me to check the stream is ok is with a working link to try out.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support