Old 8th March 2020, 05:21   #1
h92o

Send a message via AIM to h92o Send a message via Yahoo to h92o
5.8 works after fresh install then stops 2-3 uses later.

I use the winamp 5.8 on a win10 machine 8 core 64 bit AMD -- it seems to need to be reinstalled after two or three uses inorder to run then. So I do the reinstall and get it to work for 2 or 3 times only to have to install again.. It stops like this. the song is there ready to play when loaded to my 24 gigabytes of ram - then after two fresh loads even days apart the play button , freezes it becomes "busy" with the spinning pointer mouse. and two clicks later says it is not responding , I close program (have to as waiting doesn't work) and can not use the program, after a fresh install from a saved download -=- the program works a couple times and then does the same thing. IDK -- I just don't like these installs every few runs.. Is there some "setting" I need to set?
h92o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2020, 23:40   #2
h92o

and then the next install and such of the winamp.. :(

So I am installing the winamp and such -- one more time it froze again..--- on the second use or third you use I am not sure.---,,, but maybe it won't this time- or not.
Old 28th March 2020, 07:42   #3
NJK
FRYSK BLOED TSJOCH OP- FRISIAN

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=453675

just go back to the 5.6 version, problem solved

Each Thursday a new show on Celtica Radio with Darkwave music.

Nope, it's not a radiostation just a non stop darkwave music stream

WINAMPSHOUTCAST
NJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2020, 17:27   #4
h92o

that might be the only solution right now.. that is what I was thinking too.. --- I don't know why it is like this.. though.. yeah 5.666 worked well.. --- OK I shall thanks..
Old 30th March 2020, 02:34   #5
h92o

and that worked I found the install app for that program deep in my terabyte drives.. search .. and I am up and running again although there was the problem of the email with the winamp Pro registration number code getting deleted and such from many years ago.. but whatever it still works fine I am not sure what I would need the pro version for.. since I don't have the optical drive anymore.- thanks problem solved.
Old 5th April 2020, 07:53   #6
h92o

yep all the copies I have of all the versions back .. to like 2014 are doing this very same thing one run then die.. does not work all the various installs and so on .. I am installing and then not turning off the computer and keeping winamp program in ram.. for now.. this is the only way I see that will do anything.
Old 8th April 2020, 04:31   #7
musicf8
Major Dude

Suggestion- Malware scan, chkdsk, and maybe run a scan on your ram, something ain't right

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡ʎɯouoıpɐɹ

Current status of Winamp: (Winamp 5.8) is not an ongoing project get wacup

5.8 beta issue quick fix - Install 5.666 (there's no further 5.8 releases)
musicf8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2020, 08:45   #8
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
post an info report. maybe u have a plug 5.8 doesn't like.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?t=453692

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20th April 2020, 02:06   #9
h92o

well all the different versions of the winamp would stop working aft.. the second time I start up the program.. all of the versions back to like 2014 .. so 000 I have uninstalled all the instances I have of winamp more then I knew from a winamp search.. there were about 5 other installations that were on my teraquads .. just like deep in folders i had archived. -- so all gone.. then I started the 5.8 and went with the classic skin this time.. is the third time of use of winamp and it is working.. -- IDK .. I was ready to uninstall and install again like all the other times.. but we are going .. if there are any further problems like this I will let you know.
Old 24th May 2020, 04:07   #10
h92o

Further problems.. --- just the same as before the three starts then fail.. to work. I had not --- gone and updated this but yeah unfailingly it fails to run after several times of being run.. it is really annoying.. --- even remembering the video settings for the visualizer and then -0- starting fresh after maybe a week.. I just don't use it.. then I want to get the visuals going again so .. I uninstall and install -- I am going to scan disk and scan for malware maybe something got thru kasperski == I should have more to say the next reinstall =-= I just don't count the new times I start.. after a few I am like =--= it is fixed but then it is not fixed..
Old 8th August 2020, 21:17   #11
h92o

So I have gone well beyond 2-3 new times to start the program and it has been working without any problems going on-- IDK why this was happening before but somehow this install works well with it's settings so I am jamming like chill thanks for the suggestions --- I think the problem is solved
Old 9th August 2020, 17:14   #12
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi h92o,

The next time you shutdown Winamp use the Windows Task Manager to check and make sure it completely shutdown.

A few years ago I was using a 3rd party plug-in that was keeping Winamp from completely closing. It appeared to be shutdown since all the visible windows were closed, but the winamp.exe was still running in the background. This was causing various problems, including non-starts, the next time I tried to launch it.

If you see winamp.exe still running (or other Winamp related processes), you can use Task Manager to close it (or them).

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v20H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2020, 13:45   #13
h92o

I get that the shutdown does now shut it all down and yeah===

I am reinstalling this again.. I reached that point where every time I play a playlist it just freezes and crashes to death. again it did go for many times by now. --- so I will do that reinstall and put the milkdrop presets in there folder and so on--- set the preferences again .. and such === redo the settings for milkdrop and load all the playlists into it the new version I just uninstalled it .. after a complete restart with continued no starts.

it seems of of been easier this time the install and added details that have to be added each time.. but yeah I will probably post at the time I have to install again.. but if I get like 20 starts that work I will be happy such that I had about 15 starts that keep working on the last install=--=
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
5.8 stops working