Old 18th April 2013, 18:52   #1
bobn42855

Taskbar popup not in English

The characters displayed in the taskbar popup when hovered over are not English. They appear to be of some Oriental variety. There is no info in the id3 tags so I'm assuming it's displaying the file name (?). When I push pause or play, oriental characters at the end of what's displayed change, I'm assuming displaying 'paused' or 'playing', etc. I don't know because I've never seen what it looks like in English. The file name displays in the player in English. I searched for this here but didn't find an answer, at least, that I could understand. Any help would be appreciated. And I only have one more issue after this one - I really am trying not to be too much of a pest here.
As far as plugins go, I have only the ones installed when I installed the player. I have never added or deleted any.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Winamp_Info_Report_18.04.2013.txt (19.3 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by bobn42855; 18th April 2013 at 20:44.
bobn42855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2013, 19:53   #2
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

Hi

You do have a few non-default plugins installed...

- gen_sdel.dll (what's this?)

Plus a few plugins from the Winamp Essentials Pack:
- gen_classicart.dll
- gen_find_on_disk.dll
- gen_nopro.dll
- gen_skinmanager.dll
- gen_timerestore.dll
- gen_undo.dll
- UnicodeTaskbarFix.w5s (which is supposed to fix this particular issue)

Try removing gen_sdel.dll first....
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th April 2013, 20:40   #3
bobn42855

DJ Egg - thank you for the quick reply. For some reason I didn't get an email notice but just happened to check back here. First, I didn't think about the Essentials Pack as being non-standard as it is named 'Essential' (my bad).
Secondly (also my bad), I totally forgot about having downloaded a Skin deleter (gen_sdel.dll) quite some time ago.
And, finally (your good and you're good), I got rid of it and it fixed the problem.
So ... thank you very much!
Old 18th April 2013, 20:53   #4
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & Shoutcast Team

You're welcome :-)
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 09:39   #5
DrO

the unicodetaskbar fixer handles most but not all ways that plug-ins can hook into Winamp and remembering issues i've had with gen_sdel.dll in the past from now defunct plug-ins, am not surprised it's one that's slipped through the next in the components handling of things. though really the gen_sdel plug-in is not needed anymore especially if the skin manager plug-in from the EP is present.
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2013, 13:57   #6
bobn42855

Thanks, DrO. I will keep that in mind if I ever start playing with skins again. I just had to try a bunch after first installing Winamp and ended up settling on the default. I guess I'm just not really a skins kinda guy. After all, I have my Windows 7 UI set up so that it looks just like it did when I had Windows 95 - and I still like it that way.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
characters, popup, toolbar