Old 13th April 2010, 10:28   #1
debadav

NSCRT.dll missing on plug in DSPv1.9.0?

I have been broadcasting dj mornings through my winamp player and using the DSP v1.9.0, now that I have updated to the newest version of winamp, I have been unable to stream. It streams slowly for a minute, maybe two, then locks up...says I am missing the nscrt.dll???

Ran a registery cleaner..still no help. Installed, deleted, reinstalled...MANY TIMES,
Can anyone help me?

Running on Windows 7 with IE8...thanks
debadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 13:46   #2
ujay
Forum King

The problem is associated with the AAC encoder.

Can't remember the details, but a forum search will no doubt reveal all. In particular, narrow down your search to post by DJ Egg.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2010, 15:58   #3
DrO

Winamp doesn't need to be run as an administrator as of the 5.57x series (unless using an old plug-in which doesn't follow the multi-user setting api's etc which have been in place since the 2.9x series (if a plug-in hasn't been updated since then then it really needs to be ditched imho).

anyway, http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....26#post2609626 has the relavant details about plug-ins affected but the nscrt.dll issue (as ujay mentions).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 07:55   #4
debadav

Thank you all for your knowledge, I downloaded and put the nscrt.dll file in the appropriate places...it no longer says it is missing. What is still happening, is the connection at first streams well and stable, but within maybe 3-5 songs, it slows down, disconnects/reconnects or drops me altogether. I have an adequate ISP provider as well as a core7 processor, great soundcard capabilities, memory is good, etc...cleaned and defragged often. I tried in all encoder options. It does not ask to run as administrator.
Any other advice for me?

Last edited by debadav; 14th April 2010 at 08:01. Reason: left out info
debadav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 11:10   #5
philtabest

I got the same problem here.

Uninstall winamp and the shoutcast DSP. Download the setup files for both, right click on the Win Amp setup file>Run as administrator, do the same thing with the Shoutcast DSP and that should fix the problem.

Windows 7 can be a pain with its security, but running as administrator fixes 90% of error when installing on either Windows 7 or Vista.
philtabest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th April 2010, 13:04   #6
ujay
Forum King

Hi debadav,

Your original problem was picked up by general Winamp Support,

Suggest you make a fresh post with your new problem, it will give you a better chance of being picked up by the Shoutcast guys.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support