Old 18th January 2008, 19:27   #1
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Winamp Start on Launch with Shortcut

Sometimes I want winamp to start playing when I launch it, sometimes I do not. I know there are plugins that will auto start it (by DrO if I remember correctly) but I only want winamp to auto start sometimes. Is there a way to make a shortcut that starts playing winamp when I launch it. I read in this thread >> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=180297 << about starting with a specific song that is in the playlist, but my playlist changes constantly, so I can't just have it play a specific song. I don't care if it starts at the top of the playlist, or at the bottom, I just want a separate shortcut that auto-starts.

Also, I saw another thread on my search that linked to >> http://www.winamp.com/nsdn/winamp2x/dev/sdk/api.jhtml which is 404.
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 11:52   #2
m_j_hanley

Should be fairly easy to make a plugin to enable this, I'll have a play and see what i can come up with... It just depends if i can retrieve the parameters passed to winamp from the plugin.

Edit: Plugin Complete. Download it from matthanley.co.uk/gen_autoplay.zip and place it (unzipped) in the plugins directory. If you want winamp to start playing when opened, create a shortcut to winamp.exe and add /autoplay after the target.

eg

In the target field of the shortcut properties dialog box, you should see

"C:\Program Files\Winamp\winamp.exe" /autoplay

Let me know how you get on.

msn_at_matthanley.co.uk

Last edited by m_j_hanley; 19th January 2008 at 12:09.
m_j_hanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2008, 14:20   #3
dlinkwit27
has no CT
(Forum King)

Send a message via ICQ to dlinkwit27 Send a message via AIM to dlinkwit27 Send a message via Yahoo to dlinkwit27
Works fantastic! Thanks so much
dlinkwit27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Developer Center > Winamp Development