Old 7th November 2005, 22:12   #1
zootm
Forum King

Nizlopi

I saw this band first playing with a local band I go to see quite a lot (called Amplifico, and I may pimp them up in another thread at some point in the future), and they are an amazing live band - two guys, one playing guitar and singing, the other playing double bass (as though he had been taught from birth) while beatboxing.

Now, these guys are actually being touted for a Christmas number one (in the UK), apparently they're third-favourites now (pinch of salt, since I heard this from one of their fans).

Now I, for one, would actually quite like to see an awesome song actually get Christmas number 1, so I am posting this in the hope someone will see this that hasn't heard of the band and get into it.

The band's site is here, and the song in question is called "JCB Song" and is actually being re-released for Christmas (due to come out Dec 12 or something, I believe).

I highly recommend you go watch the video for the song, which was done by "the guy who did that animated Radiohead - Creep video", and is completely awesome. It can be viewed here, and is a very good, life-affirming sort of song.

You need to see them live to get the full full effect, so if you like that at all, seek them out.

Hurrah and so forth.

zootm is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Community Center > Music O'Rama