Old 16th October 2003, 20:28   #1
Dazog
Moderator Alumni

Put ALL Winamp 5.0 Bugs in Here!

Go HERE

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=156843

Thread has Moved from Beta to RC reports.

Thanx

Last edited by Dazog; 20th November 2003 at 01:33.
Old 17th October 2003, 00:35   #2
mightymidget

maybe it is logitech, but when you click on the main window you cant use the next track multimedia key, but if any other window is the focused one you can.
Old 17th October 2003, 00:49   #3
Hidea

I'm not sure if it's a bug... but when I shift to minimode, I had to resize winamp horizontally in order to get a full view of the minimode. to me, when it enters a mini mode, it should me automatically in a full form, not half form.
Old 17th October 2003, 02:06   #4
Helkite

Winamp5 is quite cool and a nice, refreshing, change from the 2 Series, but there's still full of bugs.

A few that I've discovered so far:

-In the Modern Skin, the playlist does not snap correctly to match with the Winamp Main Window. With the Config panel extended and the Top Menu (File, Play, Options, etc) ENABLED, it snaps a bit over the Main Window. With the Top Menu disabled, it snaps even more misaligned.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abitover.jpg (43.5 KB, 1349 views)
Old 17th October 2003, 02:09   #5
Helkite

-Upon startup of Winamp, there is an appearance of fragments of the Classic Skin, and then it changes to Modern Skin. Is there no way to startup directly into Modern Skin mode?

-Sometimes, the Equilizer is still "checked" in the right-click menu, when the Equilizer is not really there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eqchecked.jpg (35.6 KB, 1057 views)
Old 17th October 2003, 02:11   #6
Helkite

-I don't know if it's a component I uninstalled by accident or something, but there's no Minibrowser in the right-click menu. ALT+T also does nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nominibrowser.jpg (12.6 KB, 943 views)
Old 17th October 2003, 02:13   #7
Helkite

-Typo . Moden instead of Modern.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg typo.jpg (10.8 KB, 1156 views)
Old 17th October 2003, 02:13   #8
Carnicero

Here's the only thing that bothers me so far. The windows will not snap to eachother correctly if you disable the file menus on them. You end up with invisible space vertically between the windows.
Old 17th October 2003, 02:20   #9
Helkite

-Even if EQ is in focus, the mousewheel does not scroll through the EQ, but instead, changes volume.

-A rather ugly space between the Main Window and the Playlist, if you put them side-by-side. Perhaps the EQ could be streched a little more so that its width be the same as that of the Main Window?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uglyspace.jpg (43.7 KB, 1044 views)
Old 17th October 2003, 02:44   #10
net-cruizer

Well one thing I've noticed, is that in the "Now Playing", when you start Winamp, then click play or a song to play, or load a playlist to play, etc. etc. Winamp doesn't show the media info. Only on the second song played, then it decides to start showing the media info.
Old 17th October 2003, 03:02   #11
ExitWound

#1.)While streaming a mp3pro audio from Live365.com, I am unable to change any preferences, check or uncheck any options, or configure winamp5 in any way. Even after stopping the stream, I cannot change anything. The menus just close themselves before popping up any dialogue boxes. I have to open a static file, and then change settings before it will work properly.

#2.)I run ObjectDock instead of the taskbar. If Winamp5 is streaming from Live365, moving the mouse over the Winamp5 icon will crash the ObjectDock.

WindowsXP
256MB PC3200 DDR RAM
AMD2400+ @ 333FSB
ASUS A7N8X-DLX with 1005 bios
nForce2 Soundstorm onboard sound with latest WHQL drivers
VisionTek GeForce3
ATi Rage3D Pro (dual monitors)
Old 17th October 2003, 03:25   #12
RonnyJ

Using the MMD3 skin, I can't get the playlist to go into winshade mode at all. I saw there was a bug with the modern skin, not sure if this is related.

Also with the MMD3 skin, whenever I click the button for the playlist inbuilt into the winshade mode, the mousewheel will adjust the volume instead of scrolling the playlist, I have to click a song before I can scroll. I'm not sure if this is a skin issue or not, though I think the 'modern' skin is designed by the same person?

Additionally, the first time I use the rightclick menu, I get the submenu item for a plugin I use (Albumlist) located just before the Exit option. Whenever I rightclick after this initial click, it's instead situated after 'Nullsoft Winamp...', leaving two horizontal lines with nothing in between them at the bottom above 'Exit'.
Old 17th October 2003, 04:01   #13
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Please stick to Winamp5 bug reports only, not 3rd-party plugin related stuff (author's will probably need to modify some 3rd-party plugins for wa5 compatibility), and not requests (requests/comments/suggestions/etc go here or here).

Don't forget to include relevant sys specs, and make sure you're reporting bugs with WA5_Beta1_Build5, not any earlier beta/alpha version.

Also provide exact instructions on how to reproduce the bug/problem.

Note: most of the above bugs/glitches are already known,
except for Helkite's Alt+T . . . MB window is gone in wa5, see "Now Playing" in ML instead . . . though well spotted with the "moden" typo in gen_ff "About" box.

@RonnyJ
MMD3 Playlist works ok in winshade for me.
All scrollwheel issues (controlling main window volume) are known.
Old 17th October 2003, 05:46   #14
Carnicero

First, disregard my bug report above. I checked the known bugs thread and found it is already being addressed.

OK, I don't know if this qualifies as a bug but in both the Playlist and Media Library (when using the Winamp Modern skin), the left edges are too narrow from the info area to the edge of the window. Such as with the Playlist window, where the left edge (after song times) has a few pixels of space between the scrollbar, while on the left edge (before the text) there is no space and the text butts up against the "frame". Especially with the Library button in the ML.

I know thirdparty skin bugs are not relevant at the moment, but this covers all thirdparty skins. Anyways, skins like MMD3 had skinnable context menus but that ability is gone now. Is this a problem that is going to be addressed in the future (after more important things are taken care of) or is displaying skinned right-click menus prohibited for a legit reason?

Thanks to you Nullsoft guys for releasing the beta. It runs pretty damn smooth too. I guess you could call it a "master beta".
Old 17th October 2003, 13:40   #15
djtaylor

Couple of bugs I've noticed in Winamp 5.0 beta 1 (10/13/03):
[list=1][*]In the context menu -> options, shouldn't the time elapsed/time remaining menu items have bullets instead of ticks (i.e. radio buttons instead of checkboxes)?[*]You can still use the 'clutterbar' when it's hidden (i.e. it still responds to clicks; it's just hidden from view).[*]With modern skins (using a Winamp 3 skin):[/list=1]
  • The Alt-G keyboard shortcut is missing from the context menu for the Equaliser menu item.
  • Pressing Alt-G shows/hides the equaliser for the classic skin, so if you already have the equaliser open and press Alt-G, you will have 2 equaliser windows open! The menu item and EQ button work fine, however.
  • There is a 'minibrowser' menu item in the context menu that opens a blank window.
  • Turning 'easy move' off has no effect (this also affects the built-in 'winamp modern' skin).
  • Column headings in Media Library are blank.

Last edited by djtaylor; 17th October 2003 at 16:24.
Old 17th October 2003, 14:47   #16
WhiteLion

WA50b1:
Prefs\Library\Library Options:
"Column Resizing Behaviour" groupbox seems to be grouped with "On doubleclick or enter in the library" group.
Same ID?
Old 17th October 2003, 18:30   #17
Arckon

Winamp 5 beta 1

The text for the playlist editor and media library seem to be stuck in the upper left corner for me. That means that I need to move the playlist editor window up to the upper left corner of my screen to see what is in the playlist. This only happens with winamp3 skins (including the new default modern skin). This also sometimes happens with the AVS window as well.

I am running WinXP SP1, GeForce3 Ti200, 45.23 dets
Old 17th October 2003, 21:44   #18
dougieha

I'm running WinXP SP1, Radeon 9800 Pro, Cat 3.8, P4 3.0, 1GB RAM.

My problem, and this is one that apparently no one else is experiencing, is that when I close and restart Winamp with a freeform skin (Modern, for example), the window positions are not saved. I've tried deleting the Winamp directory, uninstalling, reinstalling, checking studio.xnf and winamp.ini to make sure they're not read-only, but nothing seems to work.

After careful analysis, it appears that the proper values are being written into studio.xnf, but for some reason, when winamp starts, they are not being read and restored. Also, if I open a window (playlist, media library, etc.), move it, close it, then reopen it, the position won't be saved. So even within one winamp session, the positions are not saved.

Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 17th October 2003, 22:29   #19
o_spring

Multimedia keyboard

I have a Microsoft multimedia Keyboard

when i minimize Winamp 5 (it goes to the tray), I can not control winamp with play/pause/stop/next/previous multimedia keys of the keyboard where as it works well when Winamp is not minimized

It worked well before with Winamp 2.91

spec:
winamp 5.0 beta 14-oct-2003
Windows XP SP1
(keyboard driver : intellitype pro v5.0)
Old 17th October 2003, 22:38   #20
dougieha

Re: Multimedia keyboard

Quote:
Originally posted by o_spring
I have a Microsoft multimedia Keyboard

when i minimize Winamp 5 (it goes to the tray), I can not control winamp with play/pause/stop/next/previous multimedia keys of the keyboard where as it works well when Winamp is not minimized

It worked well before with Winamp 2.91

spec:
winamp 5.0 beta 14-oct-2003
Windows XP SP1
(keyboard driver : intellitype pro v5.0)
Hmmm...I can't quite reproduce, but I have a different strange behavior. I have the same setup, but when I hit the play/pause button, it restores Winamp, and then I have to press the button again for it to take effect.

Dougieha

Last edited by dougieha; 17th October 2003 at 23:54.
Old 17th October 2003, 23:17   #21
wakingrufus

Quote:
Originally posted by Helkite
-I don't know if it's a component I uninstalled by accident or something, but there's no Minibrowser in the right-click menu. ALT+T also does nothing.
you can get to the minibrowser by going to the now playing thing. but the old way was easier
Old 17th October 2003, 23:51   #22
JFD62780

Send a message via ICQ to JFD62780 Send a message via AIM to JFD62780 Send a message via Yahoo to JFD62780
SNESAmp crashes Winamp using New Skin System.

Build: WA5 Beta (x86) Oct. 14, 2003
Audio: SoundBlaster Live! (Platinum)
Video: ATI All-In-Wonder Radeon 8500DV

Hey Nullsoft staff! First off, thanks for releasing the 1st beta of WA5. Now, I'd like to report a bug. You see, I'm a fan of SNES music, and I use a plugin called SNESAmp (v. 3.05) to play SNES music. Problem is WA5 plays the song, yet it still crashes, regardless of sample rate or depth, before visualization even gets activated on the new skin system. You can still hear the music playing with the error message onscreen! I'm not sure if that's the fault of the plugin or WA5, nor do I want to blame anyone as thnew skin system is still in its infancy. I just wanted to report a bug. Have I done the right thing?

P.S.: Tested on the Old Skin System, WA5 works perfectly!

Until next post...
Old 18th October 2003, 00:24   #23
catherine_mamet

2 bugs

* Bug 1:
In the media library window:
. select a playlist in the left part of the window
. select one (and only one) item in the right part of the window
. select "Play selection" in the contextual menu

=> The selected item is played. But once it's finished, the rest of the playlist is also played, which is wrong: only the selected item should be played
NB: everything works fine if several items of the playlist are selected

* Bug 2:
It's not a Winamp 5 specific bug, I already reported it for Winamp 2.90 and it's still there:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=131751

What I noticed with winamp 5 is that this bug occurs with the "winamp classic" skin but not with the "winamp modern" skin (too bad coz I use the former).

BTW, I reproduced the bug with a fresh install: no extra plug-in, no extra-skin, just a vanilla winamp 5 beta (10/14/03 build).

This bug really bugs me !! Every time I run a game, my winamp window is then lost somewhere in the middle of the screen, hidden behind some other window, grrrr

----
Win XP Pro SP1 / DirectX 9 / Dual Athlon / 512MB / Radeon 7500
Old 18th October 2003, 00:42   #24
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

1. Prefs -> Library -> Library Options
Uncheck "play all playlist items (starting on selected) on doubleclick in playlists"

2. Known issue

@JFD62780
Report the problem to the 3rd-party plugin author.
When the WA5 SDK is released, Snesamp people will need to update the plugin for wa5 compatibility.
Old 18th October 2003, 01:23   #25
catherine_mamet

>1. Prefs -> Library -> Library Options
>Uncheck "play all playlist items (starting on selected) on doubleclick in playlists"

I tried and indeed it works as expected with one selected item, but then isn't there a bug with several selected items:
when "play all playlist items [...]" is checked, if I select several items in the playlist and then select "Play selection" in the menu, shouldn't the entire playlist be played ? Instead of that, only the selection is played...

Not a really serious issue anyway.

>2. Known issue

Oops, that's right. I should have taken more time to check.

Thanks a lot for your reply.
Old 18th October 2003, 01:24   #26
ctkatz8086

if this is a bug, using wa5 beta i cannot directly add files to the playlist in the media library (i don't think os and hardware issues matter in this case). what it will do is load the information (i think adds the file's information to the main library and not to the playlist) and does nothing. my selected playlist is sent to the top of the list and the file isn't added.

if this is me, tell me how to turn this feature back on.

Old 18th October 2003, 01:32   #27
dougieha

Oh yeah...and can someone please, please, please add a mass import playlist feature, so I don't have to go and import each of my ~20 playlists one by one through the import playlist button?

Dougieha

Last edited by dougieha; 18th October 2003 at 01:47.
Old 18th October 2003, 01:41   #28
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by catherine_mamet
...but then isn't there a bug with several selected items:
when "play all playlist items [...]" is checked, if I select several items in the playlist and then select "Play selection" in the menu, shouldn't the entire playlist be played ? Instead of that, only the selection is played...
No. That is the normal behaviour. If you select "play selection", then only the selected (hi-lighted) entries are played, regardless of settings in prefs.
"Play all playlist items on doubleclick" only comes into effect if you doubleclick a single entry... (ie. you can't doubleclick multiple entries simultaneously)

@ctkatz8086
come again . . .
Not sure if I understand what you're saying.
Could you please try explain the problem again?
What is it you're trying to do, and how are you trying to do it?
Old 18th October 2003, 02:04   #29
catherine_mamet

> No. That is the normal behaviour. If you select "play selection", then only the selected (hi-lighted) items are played, regardless of settings in prefs.

Not when there's only one selected item in the playlist ! And this is precisely what my initial post was about.

1 selected item => "Play selection" plays whether the selection or the entire playlist (according to the prefs)

2 or more selected items => "Play selection" always plays the selection (regardless the prefs)

Isn't this weird ?
Old 18th October 2003, 02:54   #30
mikm
Major Dude

This is a skin specific bug:
WinXP Pro
Skin: Boom

Part of the skin is misalinged (see screenshot)
This happens regardless of alpha and normal opacity/scale settings.
Attached Images
File Type: png wa5bug.png (50.5 KB, 802 views)