Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Closed Thread
Old 28th September 2004, 14:01   #41
PoV

ML Date chooser bug in relative date

I was trying to modify the "recently added" view of the media library (keyword ml) today and faced a strange misbehaviour in the date picker. If I choose time to be now the date's day is correct (september 28th as of the time of capture), but if I set the time to be midnight, noon or if I manually set it, the date's day is set to 26 (two days in the past). This problem was present on two different computers running 5.03, upgrading to 5.05 did not solve the problem. Both computer run w2k sp4, one english, one french, both are set to french locale.

Attached is screenshot of the dialog showing the flaw
Attached Images
File Type: png winamp_ml_date.png (10.8 KB, 1195 views)
Old 1st October 2004, 19:14   #42
lemmingue

"Add Folder" is not loading folder starting with "..."

Problem:
I have a folder named "...something" (with three dots), and Winamp is not loading the files in this folder when using "Add Folder" command.
The code dealing with the ".." folder should be wrong.

Workarounds:
Rename the folder to remove the dots or load files via "Add File(s)"
Old 2nd October 2004, 06:55   #43
bearwolf9999

#8 is skiped using Volume Slider

5.05 [x86] - Aug 27 2004 - does not display the number '8' when adjusting the Modern UI, volume slider using a mouse - Logitech MX300, Up-to Date drivers/support

-Reported 10/02/04 - garrison9999@yahoo.com - Win XP Home - Service Pack 1 - 5.05
Old 3rd October 2004, 21:20   #44
noroom

Winamp 5.05, Windows XP Pro SP2

A playlist loaded in the playlist manager, a song playing.
Local Media selected in media library.

When I double click an item that is also in the playlist, winamp plays it, but when I right click on an item and click on "Enqueue Selection", it doesn't get queued.

Edit --> DJ Egg
New post from below merged with this post

I figured out what the problem was with my post above, the one about enqueueing files from the Media Library.
The problem is that the files don't get queued, they are just added at the bottom of the playlist.

Maybe rename the "Enqueue Selection" option to "Add To Playlist" and add another option that automatically enqueues that song if it's in the playlist, and if it's not, it will add it to the playlist and enqueue it.

That would be awesome.
Old 8th October 2004, 08:52   #45
runaway

"Use advanced title formatting where possible" ignored when disabled

Winamp 5.05 - clean install
Gigabyte/Via AMD XP 2000+ w/ 512mb ram
Win2k SP4
ATI Radeon 64 mb VIVO
Creative SB Live Value running default MS WDM driver
DirectX 9.0c

No 3rd-party plugins installed
Occurs with all skins

When I disable the option "Use advanced title formatting where possible", the entry in the field "Advanced title display format" still gets used when playing multiple files from the Media Library.

For example, clear the entry in "Advanced title display format" (set it to the null string). Then open Media Library to the default "Audio" view and double click on any artist or album which encompasses multiple tracks. The tracks appear in the playlist editor using titles displayed as they would be formatted by the null "Advanced title display format" string - that is, the titles are blank. Oddly, once each track begins playing, its title appears.

More details about my test settings here.
Old 8th October 2004, 14:31   #46
peasant

Random crash

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=195985
Old 8th October 2004, 16:43   #47
noroom

ML Bug

screenshot

Winamp 5.05, Windows XP Pro SP2
Plugins: Only DFX, but it's not enabled.

The screenshot has not been modified in any way. I cannot recreate the bug. I was listening to a song, and when I opened the ML it was like this. Closing and reopening fixed it, though. I just thought you might be interested in this.

Oh, and when scrolling down the ML with the mousewheel, the scrollbars flicker and for a second (not literally) I see Windows XP's scrollbars instead of Winamp's skinned ones.
(ATI Radeon 9600 256 MB, WindowBlinds 4.4)
Old 11th October 2004, 17:20   #48
RavenWorks

'Buffer ahead' causes video window to close early

Using DirectSound on Windows XP. Turning up the 'Buffer-ahead on track change' value to anything above 0 ms causes the video window to close prematurely by that amount. (Even when it's the only file in the playlist.) Audio keeps playing even though the video disappears..

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Unreproducable and useless bug report.
Read the first post and other stickys before posting here.
Old 12th October 2004, 18:27   #49
Cyrom

Show Desktop - Always on Top - Bug

XP sp2
Winamp 5.05

I have done some searching and this bug has been mentioned before with not much success in reproducing. I have experienced it and have done some expirimentation and found that there is a very specific set of circumstances that allow reproduction.

The Bug is this:

After "Show Desktop" if anyother application is opened before winamp, winamp looses "always on top" funcionality while it is still checked in pref.

Here are the circumstances:

In General Preferences
Show Winamp in Taskbar is off.
Show Winamp in System tray is on.
Disable always on top while fullscreen apps are focoused is on.

Auto hide for the task bar is on.

And it occurs with Modern skin, not classic.

It is not a problem if any of these conditions are not met. But this is how i like my system set. I could just turn off diaable always on top while fullscreen apps... but i don't necessarily want that.

Cyrom
Old 22nd October 2004, 05:15   #50
SchisMik

Send a message via AIM to SchisMik
Playlist Graphical error?

Hi, new to the forum.

This is the first real error that i have ever encountered. (appologies if this error has been posted and/or answered before. I did plenty of searching on this topic but it's possible i skipped over something)

I just rescently downloaded a couple new skins and as i was testing some of them out, i noticed that no matter what i put in it, nothing was in the playlist window. After giving up on it for a while, i discovered that when moving the playlist window to the top left of the moniter, the playlist songs appeared, as if they were plasterd behind the wallpaper and could only be shown when under the playlist. Very odd i think. Any solutions?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Post in Tech Support.
Confirm a clean install.
Old 22nd October 2004, 06:03   #51
theSoldier

ML bug

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.2 gig
RAM: 1024 MB
Soundcard: Sound Blaster Audigy
Videocard: Gforce 4 ti 4200 128mb
DirectX: 9.0c
Winamp: 5.05 clean (full) install

total computer just had a fresh format.

When adding all files to the ML, one artist gets added twice. I believe it may have something to do with the name of the band is the name of the album. Attached is a picture of the media library. All names are spelt correctly, as it was ripped off of the internet database for music cd's when ripping the cd. I have also checked it over just in case.

The underlined song is one song that was correctly added to the list, the other songs from that album were added under the same artist name but the doubled one. Basically, both albums should have 12 songs each, but one artist has 13 listed while the other has 11. It is really strange. This bug has happened in every version since 1.01 that i know of. The songs were ripped with 1.00

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Ripped with what ???
Can't reproduce. Make sure there's no trailing spaces in one of the spellings of Adema.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg weirdmlbug.jpg (84.9 KB, 346 views)
Old 22nd October 2004, 10:20   #52
LtGen

File Properties Bug

Winamp 5.05 Pro - Clean Install
Intel Pentium 4 2.67 GHz w/ 512MB RAM
ATI Radeon 9000 AGP Pro 128MB
SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Windows 2000 SP4
DirectX 9.0c

In Explorer, when I right click on a media file assigned to WinAMP, select properties and then select on the tab with the ID tag information and file details (quality, length, etc), I will get one of two results:

The first, and most disturbing is after I click OK or Cancel (doesn't matter which), the file name I selected will disappear. It does not get placed in my Recycle Bin, it just vanishes. I have tried this on several installs and several different files and all with the same results. This mainly happens to MP3 files.

The other is an Explorer error when I click on the Tab:
Application popup: Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The exception Integer division by zero.
(0xc0000094) occurred in the application at location 0x02905d3b.

This mainly happens to WAV files. I have not tested it on other file types.

I know that when I remove the WinAMP association, the file detail tab is missing from Properties and the problem does not occur. I have been able to reproduce these errors on numerous occaisions.

I run chkdsk weekly, reboot at least once a week, keep current on virus updates (McAfee VS 7.03) and defragmentation is handled by Diskeeper (which only runs in screen saver mode).

Thanks,
LtGen

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Not a hope of reproducing this.
Post in Tech Support instead and include a HijackThis log.
Old 23rd October 2004, 16:22   #53
kls

Send a message via ICQ to kls
YAHOOOOOOO, i've found a bug!!!

I'm to lazy to read all the bugs before, perhaps it's nothing new:

system:
WA 5.05
XP Professional
1.8ghz athlon, 512 MB RAM,
all codecs, servicepacks, directX...
D-Reliction Skin

I've loaded about 4000mp3 in the playlist, afterwards i select about 4 or 5 files and push the 'q' to add them to the enqueue-list. The result is a playlist-crash. The first two items selected get the tag [1] and [2] but afterwards the "Edit playlist entry"- window appears, but inactive, and it can't be closed. The playlist cannot be used anymore, but Winamp still works (main window, ML...). Perhaps you can try it, because i'm not sure if my installation of Winamp is perfect.
nice greets,
kls
AUSTRIA (not australia...)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Known JTFE 0.96c plugin bug. Fixed in 0.96ca
Old 26th October 2004, 10:49   #54
psyker7

same bug noticed here, to exit the playlist entry dialog press escape, but still have no idea what causes it.

XP - SP2
766 MHz, 128 Mb RAM, two 10 Gig hard drives. :P
Too many plugins to name atm but occurs after a fresh install on classic skin as well.

EDIT
~~helps if i read edits, but cant delete the post!!!~~~
Old 26th October 2004, 11:48   #55
DrO

psyker7: it's simply known as i can't code too good

-daz
Old 26th October 2004, 12:13   #56
psyker7

no my bad the new version fixes it i think, i just didnt notice til id already posted, and theres no delete your post button :S
Old 27th October 2004, 17:48   #57
jarousek

I don't know is this is regarded as a bug, but:

1) Turn off "shuffle"
1) Doubleclick on a song in the playlist, it starts playing
2) Clear the playlist
3) Add a directory of songs to the playlist

Winamp now apparently *thinks* that the first song of the new playlist is playing. When the song that is currently playing is over or when you click "next", the SECOND song in the playlist starts playing.

I would expect the first song to play, not the second one...
Old 28th October 2004, 18:11   #58
Sailing_Nut

lockup while ripping

I have installed 5.05 pro and I'm having problems with Winamp locking up while ripping CDs.

I am ripping to OGG and the destination drive is a network drive on a Windows 2K3 server.

I did successfully rip one CD, but haven't gotten one to work after that. It doesn't seem to lock up in a particular place on a CD.

Also to get things back to normal on the PC I have to reboot. When rebooting I get the expected notification that Winamp is not responding to the system. But, I also get notification that the "device driver service" is not responding as well.

I've tried both with and without using the built in Sonic sxtraction engine and the result is the same.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
crosspost <-- direct any follow-ups there.
Old 1st November 2004, 22:08   #59
kchoboter

Edit Selected Items: MP4 File Corruption

I found a bug that exists for at least 5.04 and up (that i know of)

System: Athlon 1 Ghz, 256MB RAM, XPSp2

If you select a(n) m4a file(s) in the media library, and use the edit selected items option (Ctrl-E) from the right click context menu to change the header information of a song you corrupt the file.

It becomes completely unplayable (it tries but nothing happens- same behaviour as a dead link), and cannot even be deleted from the computer while the same instance of winamp that corruped it is open. (You can delete the file after you exit winamp.)

I made a copy of a working m4a file, played it to test, edited it and then tried playing it again and it was corrupted. After exiting winamp, deleting the old file, and replacing it with the backup, winamp can play it fine.

Not fun, I lost around 10 songs before I realized what was happening

Oh... and these forums seem to be taking forever to load.

--
Kevin Choboter
University of Waterloo
1A Computer Engineering
kchoboter@gmail.com
Old 2nd November 2004, 02:38   #60
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

But it doesn't happen with .m4a files created with winamp, only m4a's created by iTunes/Nero, yes? Because apparently, not all .m4a files are created equal :/
Old 2nd November 2004, 04:01   #61
kchoboter

That could very well be true, since all the m4a files are from iTunes.

IMHO, The edit seleftion option is overwriting some header information that would exist IF the file was Mp3, but since its M4A it corrupts it.

I think winamp should not allow the edit selected command to be run with m4a files, to ensure that the files are not corrupted.
Old 3rd November 2004, 22:40   #62
sheh

built-in spectrum vis/mp3 bug

Winamp 5.05
(also previous versions, including 2.xx)

The built-in spectrum analyzer shows more high frequency activity for MP3s compared with other formats. Playing a source WAV, then the same encoded to MPC looks about the same. Playing the WAV encoded to MP3 reveals this problem.

Surprisingly, using another MP3 input plugin (MAD) fixes it. But assuming input plugins just feed raw audio data thru, I'm not sure how it could influence the visualizer which is further down the chain.
Old 4th November 2004, 05:05   #63
kchoboter

M4a File Corruption

I just found out that the File info option (M4a header editor) will also corrupt the file.

Again, its probably not m4a files made in winamp, but this is still a serious bug.

----
Kevin Choboter

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
If these m4a files were created with iTunes, then you can only edit the tags with iTunes, because iTunes adds some proprietry crap in the headers :/
Old 14th November 2004, 13:03   #64
cubex

I'm using winamp 5.05. My problem is that some of my mp3s in the playlist will be gone after I reset my computer. I did save the playlist and re-open but it shows the same result. For example, I got 300 mp3s and I close my winamp and restart my computer. The next day when I start my computer, my mp3s will become 189 something like that. I tried save the playlist and re-open but it doesn't show 300 mp3s.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce this. Post in Tech Support instead, and include system specs, HJT log, Winamp details etc.
Old 14th November 2004, 15:08   #65
ernie_g

Always on top bug in Win2k Adv. Server

SPECS:
  • Athlon XP 1800+ with 512MB DDR on MSI-6712 mobo
  • S3 Virge DX 4MB (PCI) / GeForce 4 Ti 64MB (AGP) (both reproduced the bug, no diff.)
  • Windows 2000 Advanced Server, SP4
  • DirectX 9.0c
  • Winamp 5.05 - clean install

TO REPRODUCE:
First I turn on the "Always on top" setting. Then I click to activate a maximized app (browser, my computer, doesn't matter). Now Winamp disappears for a split second and then reappears. Then when I double-click on the playlist to unfold it, the playlist shows for a split second and then Winamp disappears. Then I again click on my maximized app and *bing* Winamp reappears, but when I click on it it disappears again.

To put it short, mostly when I click winamp, it disappears and when I click to focus to my working app it reappears. I tried to workaround it but that almost got me psycho hehe..

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Prefs > General Prefs: Uncheck "Disable aot when fullscreen apps are focused"
Old 19th November 2004, 05:34   #66
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

<------------ cut here ------------>

Winamp 5.06 Bug Reports start here
Old 19th November 2004, 16:21   #67
Syntonic

always on top not working!!

i cant believe i have to register to post this bug... but its been here since lots of version and no one fix it.. using the modern skin, the always on top does not work fine, when i active it work fine , but when opening other windows, suddenly winamp is at the bottom, i have to deactivate always on top and activate it again..
is here in the 5.06 (still )

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce. No system specs or method of reproduction.
Invalid bug report :/
Old 19th November 2004, 17:45   #68
Syntonic

sorry i forgot to mention that you have to windowshade winamp with modern skin, to reproduce its easy.

use modern skin,, activate always on top, activate windowshade, then start doing other things, opening browsers, others programs, minimize desktop, restore winamp, in some point, dont know where exactly, always on top stop working. my guess is that it has to be something with the os, cause i´ve worked on win2k without this problem

my system specs are:

windows xp sp2
athlon xp 2000
512ram
40gb hd

is there anymore info needed just send email , thanks

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Still can't reproduce. Make sure "disable aot when fullscreen apps are focused" is unchecked in Prefs (Ctrl+P) > General Preferences
Old 19th November 2004, 19:30   #69
Syntonic

yes! that seems to be the problem!, just the detail here is that im not running any fullscreen application.

aot seems to work fine all the time with that option is disabled.
Old 19th November 2004, 21:34   #70
rusty139

streams

Just installed new 5.06 (full) version, previously deleted 5.05 and i seem to have trouble playing any mp3 radio streams.

I dont think pc specs are too much important here but i have the following resident progs running:

- KAV Personal Pro 5.0.14
- Agnitum Personal Pro 2.5.370
- Giant AntiSpyware 1.0.288

Also, im using HTTP proxy server with no login/pass but never had problems with it before.

I still can ascess/view Internet Radio/TV lists, play WinAmp.com Music/Videos but once stream url(s) are in playlist, it says [connecting] and then [time out]

So, right now im back to 5.05 and everything works fine.
Any ideas what's wrong?
Old 20th November 2004, 05:55   #71
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by rusty139
Just installed new 5.06 (full) version, previously deleted 5.05 and i seem to have trouble playing any mp3 radio streams.

I dont think pc specs are too much important here
Yes they are . . . as stated in the first post in this thread! Because we can't reproduce the problem, and therefore your Bug Report is invalid and useless.

Post in Tech Support instead, and include system specs (incl. Windows OS and DirectX), whether you're using ANY extra 3rd-party plugins, and links to the streams which don't work for you :/
Old 21st November 2004, 13:50   #72
HavocS

Hi,

I use blank files to separate albums from others (like -- Artist - Album -- without extension, and of course they are 0 byte). Now, if I drag&drop it into the playlist box and the track before the "marker" ends and winamp tries to play the blank file it changes the artist to some idiot characters and the album to the title of the track before (I hope you understand what i mean Could you fix it please?

The marker looks like this:

And looks like this after WA tries to play it:

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Although I can't reproduce this, and it could be a config or even a unicode issue, why not use the Separator plugin (in_text) instead?
Old 21st November 2004, 23:42   #73
collideous

Unknown host for web casts in 5.06

Winamp 5.06 - clean install into C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp5.06
(previous 5.05 sits in C:\Program Files\Winamp\Winamp5)

AMD Athlon(tm) Processor, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.2GHz
1280MB RAM
Win XP Pro SP2
NVIDIA GeForce2 Ultra
Creative SB Live! soundcard
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Bug: cannot listen to net radio streams -> the result is always "unknown host".

Uninstalling 5.06 and reinstalling 5.05 fixes the problem.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Can't reproduce. Post in Tech Support instead.
Check your firewall etc.
Old 24th November 2004, 00:53   #74
Winner2

Version 5.06 With IE Proxy Doesn't Stream

System specs:

Winamp version 5.06 CLEAN INSTALL
HP Pavilion ZED145 laptop
Mobile AMD Athlon XP 1800+
512M Ram
Windows XP Service Pack 2
MS Internet Explorer version 6 SP2

Winamp version 5.06 does not stream with Internet Explorer proxy server connection enabled.

Reporting this problem as a bug. Winamp has in past versions run reliably with the IE proxy enabled. This report should not be discounted if one person can't reproduce it. There is a confirmed difference in behaviors between versions 5.05 and 5.06.

This problem has been reproduced by others, as reported in threads here and here.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Ok. Reported. Now that we've got more info on how to reproduce this (IE proxy related), let's see if anyone on the devteam/betalist can actually reproduce it.
Old 24th November 2004, 14:04   #75
GeSpot

Send a message via ICQ to GeSpot Send a message via AIM to GeSpot Send a message via Yahoo to GeSpot
This is actually a bug that has been around since v5.04. (Which is why I keep reverting back to v5.03.)

This happens on every system I've tried it on, so system specs are irrelevant.

When running WinAmp in windowshade mode, with 'Always On Top' enabled, the Always On Top setting does not apply to the playlist. (It disappears behind all windows.)

Keep up the great work!!

This seems to be corrected by expanding the playlist, and then putting it back into windowshade mode. How long it will be fixed for once doing that is unknown. I'll do some more testing on it. Just so you have them, the system specs for this machine are as follows:

Winamp 5.06 - clean install
Dell 2.8GHz P4 - 512MB RAM
WinXP SP2
Onboard video/sound
DX v9.0c

Final update. When the song changes, it seems to reset the always on top, when in windowshade mode. An odd thing I noticed just now, is that after my screensaver came on, the main WinAmp window disappears now, and the Playlist is ontop. (I can't get the main WinAmp to stay ontop without unchecking the "Always on top" option, and rechecking it.)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
I can't reproduce this.
What skin? Default Winamp Modern skin, or any classic skin, or some 3rd-party modern skin, or all skins?
Is "disable aot when fullscreen apps are focused" unchecked in Prefs > General Preferences?

Last edited by GeSpot; 24th November 2004 at 15:50.
Old 25th November 2004, 00:05   #76
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Re: Version 5.06 With IE Proxy Doesn't Stream

Quote:
Originally posted by Winner2
System specs:

Winamp version 5.06 CLEAN INSTALL
HP Pavilion ZED145 laptop
Mobile AMD Athlon XP 1800+
512M Ram
Windows XP Service Pack 2
MS Internet Explorer version 6 SP2

Winamp version 5.06 does not stream with Internet Explorer proxy server connection enabled.

Reporting this problem as a bug. Winamp has in past versions run reliably with the IE proxy enabled. This report should not be discounted if one person can't reproduce it. There is a confirmed difference in behaviors between versions 5.05 and 5.06.

This problem has been reproduced by others, as reported in threads here and here.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Ok. Reported. Now that we've got more info on how to reproduce this (IE proxy related), let's see if anyone on the devteam/betalist can actually reproduce it.

Yup. This issue is now confirmed and will be fixed for Winamp 5.06a
Thanks
Old 25th November 2004, 13:42   #77
GeSpot

Send a message via ICQ to GeSpot Send a message via AIM to GeSpot Send a message via Yahoo to GeSpot
Quote:
Originally posted by GeSpot
[Edit --> DJ Egg]
I can't reproduce this.
What skin? Default Winamp Modern skin, or any classic skin, or some 3rd-party modern skin, or all skins?
Is "disable aot when fullscreen apps are focused" unchecked in Prefs > General Preferences?
[/B]
Skin: Default WinAmp Modern skin.
I'd never seen this disable aot when fullscreen apps are focused, but I double checked it, and it is enabled. So it seems to be a display bug in letting go of aot, and not in keeping it.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
uncheck that option :/
Old 29th November 2004, 07:58   #78
Janus

Send a message via ICQ to Janus Send a message via AIM to Janus Send a message via Yahoo to Janus
Winamp 5.x ML crash bug

After having winamp open for more than about 10-15 minutes, opening the ML almost always crashes it. The crash is always in gen_ml.dll and I'm pretty sure it's always at the same offset, as well.

This is a fresh install of WA5 (with the exception of the addition of the FLAC and PSF input plugins), and I also experienced this same crashing issue on my old desktop (Which did not have those plugins installed).

VC++2003 minidump: http://luminance.org/f/winamp.dmp.zip
I would've posted a stack trace, but the stack was gigantic (about 300 deep at least) so hopefully you guys can use the minidump.

I get this error OFTEN - at least two or three times a day. It consistently occurs after winamp has been open for a while, and when I click the ML button on the main window. I haven't been able to trigger it any other way. It doesn't seem to crash if I leave the ML open all that time, though.

System specs (current):
Windows XP SP2
Athlon 64 2800+
512MB RAM
Onboard audio
Winamp 5.06

System specs (previous):
Windows XP SP2
Athlon XP 1800+
768MB RAM
Audigy1 Platinum
Winamp 5.05 (I think, maybe .06... can't check because I reformatted that system)

Once again, I encountered this error regularly on my old system, in addition to this new one. The only common thread between them is my music library, as I copied all the music files from my old machine over to this new one. I did not, however, copy any winamp settings (or my media library database) over, so whatever's wrong seems to be purely winamp-related, or an issue with one of my music files.

If it helps, I know that some of the .OGG files in my music folder made older versions of the FMod audio library crash when I used them for testing. They play fine in Winamp5 though, and show up properly in the ML, so that's probably not it, but I figured I'd mention it anyway, as I have a lot of these particular OGGs (I bought them from the AllOfMP3 music download service).

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention this - I used the standard Modern skin on the old desktop and am using it on this machine as well. Perhaps that's a factor? I'll try running with the old classic skin and see if I still get the crash.

Edit #2: I noticed that the stack trace for the crash contained lots of entries for gen_ff, which I just realized is the Modern Skin support. So yeah. I will definitely see if it only happens with modern skins enabled.

Edit #3 (12:31 AM PST): Got it again running with classic skins. Different offset, but still in gen_ml after having WA open for a while. This time it crashed when I double-clicked a song, but the symptoms are the same.
An interesting note about this one, as well. The music I had playing at the time is still going, even though it's been dead for a few minutes. Apparently this crash doesn't kill the playback of the current song.
Also, now that I think about it, I've had this crash after leaving the ML open for a while, too. In that case it happens when I switch to a new song, instead of when I open the ML.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Confirm the problem still occurs after removing all three 3rd-party input plugins. I know in_flac is safe (assuming you have the latest v1.1.0 version), but I'm suspicious of in_psf and in_umx.
If the problem persists, post in Tech Support and include a HijackThis log.

Last edited by Janus; 29th November 2004 at 08:34.
Old 29th November 2004, 12:13   #79
Inventive Soft

Winamp Classic Skin Bug

I get a bug with the classic skin, and I can recreate it every time. I'll get a screenie soon, but my computer doesn't like me very much. Goes as follows:

Processes in order:

Winamp Clean Install
Run Winamp first time (with test MP3, great llama!)
Resize to my liking (I like the playlist to be the same size as the Main and EQ windows)
Dock Winamp to the upper left corner of the screen
Window-shade the main window
Window-shade the EQ window
Playlist window normal
BUG: When moving Winamp, it docks with the EQ-windowshade at the top instead of the main-windowshade

This is not the first time this has happened with Winamp. It did it with Winamp 2.81, 2.91 and every version of Winamp 5 to date. I can always reproduce the bug, and it's getting annoying to say the least. From what I can tell, it's something to do with the EQ Windowshade code, but I know no more on that one.

Has anyone else come across this particular anomoly?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
No, I can't reproduce this. Though I'm not even sure if I understand your post. Provide the screenshot so we can see the exact positions of the windows. And for your Bug Report to be valid, please confirm/see the requirements as laid out in the first post in this thread.
Old 29th November 2004, 15:27   #80
GeSpot

Quote:
Originally posted by GeSpot

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
uncheck that option :/
[/B]
I have unchecked it, and it works fine now. However, I'd say that for people who have that checked, it's supposed to hide both the playlist and the main window, so that should probably be looked at still. Thanks again.
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports