Old 29th October 2004, 23:38   #1
shifter

Preset pack #7

a couple of things i never got around to posting, plus some new stuff..

sweeet candy is kinda eye watering BTW
Attached Files
File Type: zip shifter #7.zip (30.3 KB, 331 views)
shifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 01:35   #2
StudioMusic
Major Dude

Extremly impressed. Killer shit dude. Especially a thousand monkeys and spincycle (sweet candy) there one of a kind. FPS way down on a thounsand monkeys though, but it does not hurt a thing. Especially on my brand new 3.4GHZ laptop with a ati 128 meg vid card. You can easily double the FPS on Sweet candy though. It just goes to show why I love MD so. SM

Last edited by StudioMusic; 30th October 2004 at 02:41.
StudioMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th October 2004, 03:50   #3
Zylot
Major Dude

Another awsome pack, I love mandala among the rest, which are all good, except eye candy, which has tyhe same effect on me as Ouch (IE: urge to kill)

One day, maybe I can figure out how to make awsome custom waves.

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2004, 00:05   #4
shifter

SM: thanks dude how would i up the frame rate on spincycle? its only going at 15fps on my comp, and i wouldn't mind improving it..

Zylot: heh.. i warned yah. i'm attaching a more kind on the eyes version, plus an update to the hydra one, just copy over the old version..
Attached Files
File Type: zip stuff.zip (5.7 KB, 223 views)
Old 31st October 2004, 06:09   #5
StudioMusic
Major Dude

Shifter there is numerous things you can do to increase the FPS I made a mod for you to check. I am slighly intoxicated now, so not at my peak for explaining. Almost all adjustments I made are in post processing, but you can start by putting the gamma just below 2 and turning brightening off. None of the modifications effect it hardly at all except for makeing it faster. My mod has a couple of other changes but like I said I am buzzed, so check the mod and go from there, basically it is a little different because I put the video alpha to 0 but it is up to you what minor adjustments you want compared to how much more speed you want. My machine ran yours at 50 fps and this one at 113 at 1024 by 768 screen res. I do not notice much difference and I like it more. Let me know what you think. Hope I got all this right because now I am really fucked up now and Krash does not like it when I come on the board drunk. SM P.S also shifter let me know what your fps is with this mod I made out of curiosity. SM
Old 31st October 2004, 09:35   #6
shifter

hmm.. i tried it, but it didn't really make much difference.. I had a look at a bunch of other ones tho, and this comp isn't running anything except the simplest at above 30fps
Old 31st October 2004, 09:50   #7
shifter

i lowered the mesh size.. i had no idea how much of a difference the fps made, so much less juddery
Old 31st October 2004, 10:46   #8
StudioMusic
Major Dude

Shifter now that I am a little more sober. Out of curiosity I went form my labtop to my desktop and the difference was only from 60 fps to 95. Both machines have ati 128 meg vid memory and both set to mesh 40 x 30. but the difference is the laptop is 3.4 ghz and the desktop is 2.4 and the labs has 512MB 400MHz DDR Dual Channel Memory but the desk 512MB PC1066 RDRAM and lab 800MHz Front Side Bus and desk 533MHz system bus and there is more benifits the labtop has, so the labtop is quite a bit faster. So to sum it all up there is alot of things that can speed up the preset, some much more noticeable than others. What are you running on your box? And after you lowered the mesh did you notice a speed difference in the two? because I lowered mine from the normal I use and it jump quite a bit on the desktop especially on the faster preset. There is so many things that affect the speed and believe it or not the code we put in can sometimes make a huge difference too. Enough of this babble. SM
Old 31st October 2004, 12:29   #9
shifter

this ones a 3ghz machine w/ a 128mb ati video card, 1gig ram.. umm.. and i'm way too stoned to look up more than that..

i'd been running it at 128*96 mesh size tho.. it jumped to 28fps once i dropped it to 80x60, 60fps at 40x30

but this preset in particular benefits from a higher mesh size, its main effect is changes in dx / dy
Old 31st October 2004, 15:33   #10
Zylot
Major Dude

Shifter, I'd say leave your mesh size reasonable, and gamma as well.. those are the two biggest fps droppers.

-------------
What do you wish for?
--Instrumentality
Zylot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st November 2004, 23:01   #11
fiShbRaiN

yum... such beautiful looking stuff
deep sea hydra is hypnotically cOOl
fiShbRaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2004, 23:33   #12
fiShbRaiN

oh yeah... thousand monkeys rocks too... nice looking text!
fiShbRaiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th November 2004, 07:39   #13
Phat
Major Dude

dude... mandala is sooo fucking tight... so is quicksilver...

Good shit dude!
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th November 2004, 04:16   #14
shifter

Thanks guys

Phat: I was looking through some old posts for old presets, and i came across one from you & Eo.S about doing series of presets that transition into each other, have you guys done any more like that? 'cause the ripplenebula set blew my mind
Old 5th November 2004, 13:35   #15
Phat
Major Dude

some of these can do that I think.

Me anD Eo.S still write stuff that works like that...

Thats why we write so many versions of the same thing....
Attached Files
File Type: zip new_shifter_remixes.zip (10.8 KB, 212 views)

Last edited by Phat; 5th November 2004 at 15:27.
Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Visualizations > MilkDrop > MilkDrop Presets