Old 23rd July 2013, 00:44   #1
cacofonix2013

Cannot use Enter to play after manual scrolling

Hi guys,

I hope this is OK to ask and hasn't been covered a hundred times already!! I am a newby on Winamp Forums. You guys do an amazing job!

I am using Winamp on my laptop. I have set up, in my preferences, the Enter key to play the selected track and Space bar to stop.

My problem is, if I scroll down manually using the up and down buttons or any other method and end up highlighting a track, I cannot just hit Enter to have it play, I HAVE to double click it with the mouse. Is there any way around this. When I am in the middle of a gig, speed is of the essence and I am holding a guitar so just a quick scroll and hitting enter when the track is highlighted would be fantastic.

Keep up the fantastic work, all of you.

Thanks in anticipation.
cacofonix2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 02:26   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi cacofonix2013,

On my system when the playlist editor has the focus and global hotkeys are disabled in General Preferences, I can use the up and down arrow keys to scroll and the enter key to start playback on the song I stop on.

Do you have some other keyboard utility running that may be interfering with things?

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2013, 07:37   #3
cacofonix2013

Hmmm. Not that I am aware of, Aminifu. Can you suggest something it might be? Do I have to be in any particular view? I would like it universal and to be able to have the Local Media showing and use it on there as well as Playlists but it just won't do it. I literally turn on the laptop, start Winamp and that's it! It is the same on every laptop and Desktop I have. I am wondering if it is a setting I have done something with. Baffled. Thanks again.
Old 23rd July 2013, 22:11   #4
cacofonix2013

AHA, I have just realised what I am doing wrong. I am a f**kwit! Sorry, Aminifu. Ihad Global hotkeys enabled and wasn't using the default keys. Now it works. However, this now raises a new problem. I am using the Karaoke plugin for my work and after I have hit Enter to start the track, the lyrics come up in a separate window so Winamp loses the focus and I have to click the program with the mouse to regain focus before I can stop the track if I have to. Any ideas? Thanks again.
Old 24th July 2013, 00:24   #5
Aminifu
Forum King

A new problem? Displaying the lyrics will move the focus away from the playlist editor. I know of no way to stop that.

Winamp Pro 5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2013, 05:11   #6
cacofonix2013

Heh heh. I guessed as much. Well, thank you so much anyway. I appreciate it.
Go Back   Winamp & SHOUTcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
double-click, play, scrolling