Old 13th November 2008, 15:55   #1
Larry L

Shuffle Not Working

Please include all relevant Winamp & System specs, including:
-A List of Plugins (*click* for full details) <-- this is the most important log!
no 3rd party plugins.

-PC or Motherboard make/model
toshiba laptop satellite P305D-s8828
-CPU & RAM
2gigs ram
-Sound card or chip
creative Xfi
-Videocard
-Windows OS (including Service Pack, eg. WinXP sp2)
vista preium 32-bit
-DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag)
-Winamp version (eg. 5.54)
-Confirmation of the Winamp installation type (Pro, Full, Bundle, Lite)
Pro

ISSUE:
SHuffle mode does not seem to work. Either on playlist or on main audio library.

Seems like the only way to get continuous play is to enque the entire library. But then, if I click on a particular song, the enque list goes away.

Repeat song seems to work okay, repeat playlist just repeats the song. Is there something Im not setting up tight. I've been using winamp for years but never had this problem before.
Larry L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 17:49   #2
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Re: Shuffle Not Working

Quote:
SHuffle mode does not seem to work. Either on playlist or on main audio library.
Shuffle is working here, I have also no idea what enqueue has to do with it.
Quote:
But then, if I click on a particular song, the enque list goes away.
You can change the behavior of double click / enter key in the library. It then automatically enqueues a file to the playlist instead of playing the file (which whips the playlist)

Preferences --> Media Library --> "Double click or Enter Options". Select "Enqueues selected item(s)" in the dropdown list
Quote:
Repeat song seems to work okay, repeat playlist just repeats the song. Is there something Im not setting up tight. I've been using winamp for years but never had this problem before.
If just the song is repeated, you probably have "Manual Playlist Advance" enabled. Uncheck this option under Preferences --> Playlist.

If this option is enabled, Winamp will repeat the current song again and again, if Repeat is active.

In Modern skins you have a 3 state button for repeat "Repeat all", "Repeat Track" and "Repeat off".

In Classic skins you have just a repeat all button, if you want to repeat just a track you have to check "Manual Playlist Advance" in preferences or rt click on the repeat button.

For more infos about the repeat function, take a look at JonnyMac's description:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=227468
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2008, 18:45   #3
Larry L

shuffle

Thanks a bunch.

that didnt seem to solve the problem, but

turning on "play all items (start with selected)on double click in playlists" in "Media Library". Seems to resolve most of my issue.....okay "ignorance"!

Thanks and Happy winamp-ing

by the way,
who is the Llama, and why does winamp keep kicking his ass?
Larry L is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support