Old 1st May 2011, 02:36   #1
adrianjoheni

Shoutcast yp directory issues HELP!

I have 10 stations streaming from a VPS, the stations are public and they are getting touched by the yp.shoutcast, and they are no errors on the logs, but the problem is in the ShoutCast.com directories, the stations are shown for a few minutes they disappear, and then back on the list for another minutes or so and then the issue repeats over and over.

Listeners are not getting dropped or anything, and we are connected with no errors, not sure why it keeps doing that.

Also, I have three stations with the same title, but different songs, and different genres, but when we open the stream on the first station genre, we get the other station genre, ilke it had something to do with the yp.ShoutCast cache.

Any suggestions?

this is current sc config for one of the stations:

MaxUser=1500
Password=mypass
PortBase=9998
LogFile=sc_serv.log
RealTime=0
ScreenLog=0
ShowLastSongs=10
W3CEnable=Yes
W3CLog=sc_w3c.log
SrcIP=ANY
DestIP=ANY
Yport=80
NameLookups=0
AutoDumpUsers=0
AutoDumpSourceTime=30
PublicServer=default
AllowRelay=Yes
AllowPublicRelay=Yes
MetaInterval=32768
AdminPassword=mypass

Thanks,
adrianjoheni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2011, 03:11   #2
adrianjoheni

I just noticed something else too, my station it's been listed for a while now, i just recently changed the IP and port for that station, and every time I refresh the directory (every 3 minutes or so) I get first the correct station listed and I can listen to it, but then when I tried to reload the directory it shows me that station, but with the old ID from the old IP and Port that had before, how long does it take to Shoutcast to update these records?
adrianjoheni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:46   #3
fieldengineer11

I noticed this too, even the TTSL report is totally wrong. It appears that sometimes you get the "current" search results for a station, but then if you search again, it shows cached results from several months ago. Even the genres act up this way. This is probably why the TTSL report is way off again for May. Wonder if they are aware of this bug?
fieldengineer11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd May 2011, 10:51   #4
DrO

there's some known server side issues affecting some of the machines leading to inconsistent results, etc.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support