Old 26th January 2012, 19:56   #1
garycuch

"static" or white noice

Hello,

Love winamp, been using for 7 years, no probs. Using another comp. [win xp profesional]

loaded.....

-winamp 5.623

-sqrsoft advance crossfading v1.7.6.1179

-sqrsoft DSP v2.0

I use "Stationplaylist" to generate playlists the load every hour.

Here's the prob, some of the songs play in the winamp but the only sound autible is a "stactic sound"...if I advance the track the audio will come back. this a random situation.

any help will be good!!!
garycuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2012, 10:30   #2
julianpa

If it is only certain files that do this repeatedly it is probably an issue with those specific files. Can you upload one someplace so we can look and see if there is anything unusual about those files?
julianpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 04:32   #3
garycuch

Thank you for your response.

The files are ones I have been using for some time now.

I reloaded the 2 plug-ins and winamp...same result. Then I found winamp ver 5.5...reloaded everything, again same result.

I dont beleive it is the same files causing the prob. [ but will confirm]

I can see winamp is playing down the file by the uv meter, but the audio is a "static sound".

The sound starts just the the crossfader [sqrsoft] mixes the file. The static will continue till the end of the track, sqrsoft mixes next file and audio will be fine. During the static, if i advance the track [midway], the file will come back and play fine.

I can try to upload a file or two for u to look at.

Thank you for your time and help
Gary
garycuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 10:15   #4
DrO

and does it happen without either of those DSP plug-ins in use? am assuming you're using some sort of DSP stacker to have both in use unless i'm mis-reading your first post.

i know that some DSP plug-ins don't work the newer Winamp versions over the last 2 years due to required fixes in plug-in loading and other factors of Winamp changing over time which those plug-ins you're using i doubt are going to get updates for, but would be best to confirm if it's a DSP issue or a Winamp issue (though is probably unlikely to see anything done to re-fix Winamp to make the plug-ins work).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 21:36   #5
julianpa

If it is a different file every time, and you know these files work fine with other software, it doesn't sound like the files are the issue.
julianpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support