Old 17th August 2000, 11:35   #1
BrotherR@ven

Send a message via ICQ to BrotherR@ven
Hello all. I have a nice powerful machine. So when I was playing a 3d shooter by the name of HL, i will often run winamp int he background and go thru songs with the extra keys on my logitech keyboard. Well, i horribly crashed the game. Because i was running win2k, i was still able to recover. Problem is this:
The game runs at 800x600 while my windows display is set at 1600x1200. I keep my playlist all the length thus when it crashed it resumed back to 800x600. So i only saw the bottom half of my playlist. I was stupid and i pulled the bottom part down first and then proceed to switch back to my other resolution of 1600x1200. Now i can never see the bottom of the list nor am I able to get to it. If one where able to resize the playtlist from any corner of the list I would be fine. But because you can only resize the playlist from the lower right corner; there is no way to resize in any fashion or resolution. I think this is a win2k bug perhaps. Any thoughts? I will most likely end up reinstalling winamps.

BrotherRaven

[This message has been edited by BrotherR@ven (edited August 17, 2000).]
BrotherR@ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2000, 12:36   #2
Reverend Ike
Evangelical Alumni

BrotherR@ven -

There are normally three ways to fix this type of playlist sizing problem, but since the screen resolution method probably won't work in this case, I'll just give you the first two:

(1) Recommended Method

Close Winamp. Using Windows Explorer, go to your Winamp folder (usually C:\Program Files\Winamp), locate the file named "winamp.ini" and open it using Notepad. Scroll down (usually about halfway) until you see text that reads "pe_height=xxx" and "pe_width=yyy" (xxx and yyy are numbers). Replace "xxx" and "yyy" with something small like "150". Close the winamp.ini file and open Winamp. Your playlist editor window should now be a reasonable size that you can work with.

(2) Quick and Dirty Method

Close Winamp. Using Windows Explorer, go to your Winamp folder (usually C:\Program Files\Winamp), locate the file named "winamp.ini" and delete it. Then open Winamp. Winamp will make a new winamp.ini file with all default settings. You will then have to reset all your preferences.

Hopefully, option (1) will solve your problem with the least amount of effort.
Reverend Ike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2000, 22:40   #3
BrotherR@ven

Send a message via ICQ to BrotherR@ven
Doh I forgot about it. Thanks alot

BrotherRaven
BrotherR@ven is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support