Old 4th July 2011, 15:42   #1
Kmg

Volume control with media keys to work only with winamp

How can i make so that the volume buttons, on my media keyboard, to only control winamp's volume?

I googled it but the only thing i found is the inversed, to change every volume instead of winamp's.

I rly wanted it cause in my pc the only volume i change is winamp's volume. But when i press the volume key, on the media keyboard, it changes the volume for everything.

For example: I'm playing a game and listening to music and then a friend calls me on skype, if i press the volume key on the keyboard to turn down the music then the skype call will be down too, and that's what i don't want, i want it to change only winamp's volume.

Thanks
Kmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 08:07   #2
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

@Kmg,
I have also discovered it, when I wanted to reduce Winamp's volume to take a short listen to a YouTube-Video, but then I couldn't also listen the music of the YouTube-Video, and since then I know, that I reduce the volume of each sound source with the media keyboard instead only the volume of Winamp...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2011, 08:22   #3
DrO

the way to do it is by explicitly setting the volume up / down hotkeys from the dropdown list on the hotkey preferences page (by pressing the volume buttons when the edit box at the bottom of the page is selected) so as long as the keyboard driver allows for it then it should work to just control Winamp.

though if this is to be done during a game, that may not work as some games block standard registered hotkeys from working in the way wanted.

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support