Old 11th February 2013, 00:19   #1
mr_ash44

Dont display filename when missing tag in playlist

Hi,

When i get new music often they are missing their tags, but i cant tell because winamp just shows the filename when the tags are missing. So then when i put it on my android phone and load up my playlist in winamp android there is a heap of tracks missing artist and title. And as there is no way to view the filename of whats playing (as far as i can tell) i have no idea what im listening to.

So what i wanted to do was prevent winamp from displaying the filename when there is missing tags so that i can see what is missing a tag and fix it.

Unless anyone can suggest a better way to tackle this issue??

Thanks
Ash
mr_ash44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th February 2013, 01:02   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi mr_ash44,

I think you are 'putting the cart before the horse'. Why not check your files for missing tags and possible other problems before playing them in Winamp?

There are several free taggers that support all the popular formats. MP3Tag is very popular and supports more than the mp3 format (some formats need to be enabled in the app's options).

Depending on your file formats, there are also free tools that let you test the integrity of your files (for header and/or audio errors).

Search with Google, get a few, try them and select what is easiest for you to use. Checking your files up front, and possibly fixing (or re-downloading from another source/provider), then allows you to just enjoy the music when it comes to playback in Winamp.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.6 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v21H2 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
filename, missing tags, playlist