Old 16th September 2010, 00:41   #1
Vighpyr

Send a message via Yahoo to Vighpyr
Winamp/Shoutcast Freezing... Help!!

Hello All,

Yes, I know this is a relatively 'common' problem, but I can't figure it out, so I'm hoping some of the big brains here can give me an idea of what the hell might be going on. I have been streaming successfully for quite some time, but over the past few months, my Shoutcast server has been periodically freezing. Now, it freezes at least a couple of times an hour. Freezing meaning that Winamp freezes, Shoutcast freezes, and the only way to get back is to go to task manager and kill the process.

The machine is a Pentium Dual-Core running at 2.50GHz, 4GB Ram, Windows XP w/service pack 3. I'm running Shoutcast v1.9.1, and Winamp v5.58.

I have tried a few things. I've run the system wide open in a test mode (without the firewall and without virus protection) with no change. I have replaced the network card, the router, and even the network cable. There are no other apps running on the box as it is dedicated to the broadcast. I have run hardware tests since a locked up application can sometimes be a result of bad or degrading RAM. No errors, but I replaced the chips anyway.

Okay, guys... a little help, please?!?

Thx
Vighpyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Technical Support