Old 10th April 2011, 18:24   #1
Stone Free

Upgrading a second installation (Multiple Libraries)

I've read how to create more than one install using different libraries.

My question is, When a new Update to Winamp comes out - how do you upgrade the non-default installation of Winamp.

Basically I have a separate installation of Winamp to catalogue all the music on my NAS, and so this second installation has a far more limited number of components installed on it.

How do I get a new Winamp setup file to update this cut down NAS version without screwing up the main one?
Stone Free is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2011, 12:03   #2
Stone Free

Bump!
Old 11th June 2011, 19:37   #3
Stone Free

Bump.

Technical Support - That's a crok!

Surely someone must know the answer, if multiple libraries are possible then so should per copy upgrades!
Old 12th June 2011, 15:40   #4
DrO

no one has to reply to your posts as support is basically provided by other users in their freetime (as i'd have hoped you'd know having been around here for more years than me) and maybe they don't know, am sure you wouldn't appreciate a load of "don't know" posts.

anyway, if you're running multiple installs, you just need to select the folder of the other install when prompted for the Winamp folder location and that should then load the previous install and go from there. however, you're best running the installer on the second install and then run it on the main install so any files associations will be set to the main install (depending on how you've setup the second install then this may not be an issue but that's how i've tended to do it).

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 16:59   #5
Stone Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
no one has to reply to your posts as support is basically provided by other users in their freetime (as i'd have hoped you'd know having been around here for more years than me)
Thanks for your help.

Had no idea about how the forum was run, hardly ever visit, just have a look when new installs arrive.

Sorry was having a grumpy day yesterday.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
install, media library, nas, setup, upgrade