Old 25th August 2007, 21:46   #1
Tom Franklin

WinAmp Contact Information

Hello,
Had to join forum to ask a question.
Would like to but Win Amp--but am worried by the fact there is no contact info of any kind--either email address or phone number. Or address.
When you order Win Amp--is there a way to get a CD instead of just a download / or in addition to?
Couldn't contact anyone -- so joined forum --hoping I can get an answer here.
I know most all sources rate Win Amp the best--but in this age of computer marketing/sales--am leary of a Company that has no phone listing or email conact info.
Can Anyone Help?
Tom Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2007, 22:34   #2
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
You can upgrade any version of Winamp to Pro simply by entering a Registration Code (Preferences > Winamp Pro). This is really all that the Winamp Pro support staff will give you (although it may also come initially in the form of a download [winamp###_pro.exe, where ### is the version number]). It is not possible to obtain a CD containing the installer file.

You can contact Winamp Pro support by going here and filling out the form. Lots of additional Pro information can be found here.

Winamp's Pro offering is managed (at least the payment side) is managed by Digital River. Additionally, Nullsoft, the company which produces Winamp, is owned by AOL.
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 15:17   #3
Tom Franklin

Thank you.
But the links for the Win Amp pro support and more info don't work--so I guess I'll refrain from WinAmp and stick with Windows Media player even though I'd rather not.
Last I heard was that AOL does not own Win Amp anymore???
Tom Franklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2007, 17:18   #4
jmatthews112
Major Dude

Send a message via AIM to jmatthews112 Send a message via Yahoo to jmatthews112
It looks like the links I provided rely on cookies - sorry.

Click the red "Support" button and then "winamp pro support" to access the form I referred to. Click the Customer Service button at the bottom of the form to access the FAQ information I referred to.

Winamp is still owned by AOL. Look at the AOL Music button at the top right of the site. Also if you navigate to http://music.aol.com, you will see a link to "Download Free Winamp Media Player" near the bottom of the page.

From the sound of it, you seem to think that you must pay for Winamp to use it. That is not true. You can use it to play audio and video files of various types (MP3, WMA, OGG, WMV, ASF, MIDI, WAV, etc), as well as organize them using a Media Library. Winamp itself is expandable via plug-ins and skins. Winamp Pro provides additional goodies above and beyond a basic media player. Lookhere for more information on what you get when you download Winamp Pro. It is up to you whether you want to purchase Winamp Pro, but it is by no means necessary.
jmatthews112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th June 2011, 22:09   #5
donaldgordon82

Hi my name is Donald i need some help entering my product key . where would i find the dialog page to enter my keyl. please send me help.
donaldgordon82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2011, 15:36   #6
DrO

goto preferences -> winamp pro
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support