Old 24th May 2020, 06:01   #1
JanetCoop

Question about my playlists Need help!!

I recently bought a new 8TB exterior hard drive with the intention of downloading the contents of my old 2TB onto it...Now the titles that I have in my library will not play. Is there a way to get my library to work without having to load over 150,000 titles (over 10 years worth of collecting) all over again from scratch??
JanetCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th May 2020, 16:09   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

I assume your old drive was not your C drive. I also assume you used Windows Explorer to move everything from the old drive to the new. If you did, then the only thing that changed for the file pathnames stored in your media library database is the drive letter.

So now you need to change the drive letter of the old 2TB drive to a letter that's not being used. Then change the drive letter of the new 8TB drive to the letter that the old 2TB drive was using. This lets the pathnames for the files on the new drive match the pathnames in your media library database and you can continue using the old drive as extra storage space.

You can use the "Disk Management" utility in the "Computer Management" utility to change the drive letters. Right-click on the old drive listed in the Disk Management utility and select the "Change Drive Letter and Paths..." command. Then do the same with the new drive. You will find the Computer Management utility listed with the "Windows Administrative Tools" in your Start menu.

If you have removed the old drive from your computer, you can still use the Disk Management utility to change the letter of the new drive to the letter the old drive was using.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support