Old 22nd October 2012, 09:37   #1
Hika-Chan

disabling automatic tag

Hi!
maybe this question been asked previously... I found nothing
Winamp keeps changing my MP3 tags, so now I've got mixed titles (for example if I have song A by artist 1, song B by artist 2, song C by artist 3, one of them becomes song B by artist 1...)

Can someone tell me how to resolve this. I don't want my songs to be renamed automatically.

Thanks in advance!
Hika-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 16:44   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi,

Go to the General Preferences - Media Library - Local Media - Watch Folders options. If you have added folders, selected each one and use the "Edit selected" button to bring up the dialog that lets you disable Winamp's attempts to correct your tags.

Also select the "Configure" button at the bottom in the "Metadata Reading Settings" section to likewise disable Winamp's attempts to correct your tags.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2012, 17:29   #3
MrSinatra
Forum King

Send a message via AIM to MrSinatra
huh?

winamp does NO "automatic" tag corrections via watch folders. autotag happens ONLY if MANUALLY initiated by the user.

those options in watch folders are for how winamp READS tags, nothing more.

if the tags are changing, its likely WMP, itunes, or some other app doing it.

PENN STATE Radio or http://www.LION-Radio.org/
--
BUG #1 = Winamp skips short tracks
Wish #1 = Multiple Column Sorting
Wish #2 = Add TCMP/Compilation editing
MrSinatra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2012, 22:02   #4
Sabine Klare
Forum Queen

Fortunately I don't have the very invasive iTunes, which loves to move files to new directories without asking the user.
Maybe it was the "iLike Sidebar" (for Windows Media Player & iTunes), maybe it was the Windows Media Player itself. I have my important files in 6 other folders on the desktop of my Workstation PC, but my folder "Upload Files" with our music as MP3 in 128 kbps is in Username > Music. Suddenly some tags in some files had been changed, and I had to change back the tags manually within Winamp, because of the listings in the Media Library. I didn't really know, how it had happened, but I had also blamed Traktor Pro.
I had already uninstalled the "iLike Sidebar" some weeks ago, after it has become useless, because the internet-platform "iLike", where I had also claimed my artist-page "Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine", has disappeared from the internet this year. The message "This website is not available anymore" comes by clicking on old links with "iLike".
I don't believe, Winamp itself would change tags automatically (if I'm not wrong), but I should keep my eyes open for my podcast-folders in Username > Music, where the very boring Windows Media Player has also access...
Greetings from Sabine Klare Aka Sternenmaschinebine
Sabine Klare is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Tags
rename, tag