Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Closed Thread
Old 4th July 2004, 18:57   #321
MackTheKnife

Send a message via AIM to MackTheKnife
Obscure bug

I haven't read all the posts, but I didn't see these in the ones I did read:
1) When I do a scan for music in some of my large music directories, it comes up with an initialization error about device drivers and asks me to reboot or reinstall winamp. When you press ok the error message just reopens and you can't do anything without using task manager to close winamp. It turns out the scanning stops at ".lqt" files, a copyright protected media file that winamp can't possibly play since they expire after a certain date and are unplayable (I think). I am assuming that the liquid audio files are the cause of this error, but it really should just not add them and go on, rather than bringing up an uncloseable error message.
2) During the same process of scanning, an uncloseable error message labeled "In_Archive" comes up, I think for a file not being found. This comes up more than once sometimes and pops up again upon being closed. Unlike the initialization error, however, it doesn't make other functions in winamp unuseable.
Thanks.
Old 5th July 2004, 18:55   #322
justas21

Ripping CDs in a non-existent drive

Hello,

I am a newbie to the whole posting thing (bugs, stickies, etc. don't have much difference to me, so please go easy on me).

I don't know if this is a bug, or just a flaw in design. May be not a flaw at all, so bear with me:

Winamp 5.03 Pro (no updates)
System specs 256RAM, 1200MHz
Windows XP, SP1
Intel chipset
DirectX version 9.Ob

I am in the process or ripping my CD collection using preset-standard. With ripping speed of 3X realtime, it is takes quite long. My destination drive is an internal hard drive enclosed with USB 2.0 enclosure. Whenever the drive is unplugged (or turned off), Winamp continues ripping CDs as if the directory specified in Ripping options exists. I am puzzled, shouldn't there be an error message telling me that the directory I am trying to rip in does not exist? I have spent 7 hours to "rip" 20 CDs just to realize that the hard drive was powered off, and no files were created. Or were they? Default directories don't have any...

Feel free to edit my gibberish above,

Justas
Old 6th July 2004, 04:29   #323
LookStrike

Send a message via ICQ to LookStrike
(classic skin used)
Version 5.03c
P3 800mhz, 128mbRam

Click on the winamp logo, to go into the about window
Press ALT+Shift then click Credits.
The credits "movie" will be really slow. And FPS Text will remain low even if you go to "Winamp" Tab and reclick on "Credits" Tab (without pressing ALT+SHIFT)

Why i tried that ? Because it was before an easter egg...
Old 6th July 2004, 05:34   #324
LookStrike

Send a message via ICQ to LookStrike
V5.03c
Jump to Time keys not working properly...
Escape and Enter are not working (even the alt+j, or alt+c)
Old 6th July 2004, 19:48   #325
Perfect13thStep

Send a message via AIM to Perfect13thStep
A couple bugs

I have had the same bugs happen on both computers I use:

My work system:
Winamp 5.03c
Pentium 3, 930 Mhz, 256 MB RAM
Win2k (w/ all latest updates)
DirectX 9.0

My home system:
Winamp 5.03?
AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz, 256 MB RAM
Win2k (recent updates)
DirectX 9.0

1. The queue problem people have mentioned. If I add new items, delete items, or resort the current playlist, the queue goes wacky.

2. Related to the first (I think), when the queue gets screwed up sometimes, I go to the Manage Queue window, and I see my queued items (as they should be, not as they are), plus a bunch of songs that I may have queued in previous sessions, but aren't getting played in the order that the Manage Queue window would suggest.

3. This one I have a hard duplicating on command, but sometimes when it's just playing, and a new song begins, it will play a few seconds of another song on the playlist first (or maybe it's at the end of the previous song...). I know it's not a problem with the actual mp3 files, but rather Winamp reading the wrong file for a couple seconds, for some reason. I don't have a whole lot of sound card information available to me at the moment, and not much time to investigate that information. But, it has happened on both systems, which have entirely different sound card setups.

[edit - DrO]
1 & 2) Fixed recently for internal builds, now it will track playlist changes and update as needed queue positions - an unimplemented feature, not a bug
3) Also fixed and was due to the way the plugin had to force the file to play, uses an internal api for 5.04 so this won't happen anymore
[/edit]
Old 14th July 2004, 02:33   #326
frisbeemonkey
Major Dude

Bugs found while skinning (MAKI and XML)

Okay, I read the "how to post" and searched this forum for reports of these already... here goes:

a)Vertical Balance Slider(XML) - Thumb image disappears when moved back to center position. Example

b)Horizontal EQ Preamp(XML) - Slider defaults to far left, only slides to middle of width. Prevents negative values.

c)Screen Dimensions and Coordinates(MAKI) - getViewportHeight() returns the screen's height minus the taskbar, which is great. However, the coordinate system still treats the upper left as (0,0) when the taskbar is at the top. This leads to the the tops of any windows being chopped off, and anything positioned to the bottom of the screen will be the height of the taskbar from the bottom.

If more of an explanation is needed for any of these, please let me know and I'll provide whatever I can.

Thanks,
~FrisbeeMonkey

PS. In case by some chance this is relevant...
Winamp: 5.03c
System specs: Asus A7N8X-Dlx, Athlon XP 1800+, 512MB RAM
Video: GeForce Ti 4200 w/ latest drivers
Sound Card: onboard Realtek ALC650 6CH w/ latest drivers
DirectX: 9.0b
No 3rd-Party Plug-ins installed
Old 15th July 2004, 06:43   #327
Inventrex

Minor UI Bug in Winamp 5.x

A VERY Very Minor User-Interface Bug in the Main Window which doesn't affect Winamp's performance but only a visual problem. Affecting Winamp 5.x onwards. This bug's picture will need a mouse pointer in it to prove that it is REAL (since pressing CTRL+PrintScreen will neglect the mouse pointer). It is fairly easy to reproduce. First, move your mouse to the right side of the volume bar (Modern Skin, any theme) and not touching the bar or slider. If the volume bar doesn't light up, carry on moving the mouse slowly left (but never touch the bar and slider). If you do it correctly, the slider will light up even though your mouse didn't touch the bar or slider.
Old 15th July 2004, 06:46   #328
Inventrex

Just to add on

My PC Specs:
- 128MB nVidia GeForce 4 MX 4000
- AMD Duron 850 Mhz
- Windows XP Pro (no SP1)
- Creative VIBRA 128
- WINAMP 5.0c
- Windows Media PLAYER 10 (your mortal enemy, I know very well)
Old 20th July 2004, 16:01   #329
PhatTommy39

Send a message via ICQ to PhatTommy39 Send a message via AIM to PhatTommy39 Send a message via Yahoo to PhatTommy39
Not a bug, an undesireable

This is minor, but..

When you play a single track in the playlist, then delete that first track and add two more tracks to the playlist, Winamp will start on the 2nd song (I guess thinking the first song is still there)

Just a little wierd thing I found
Old 22nd July 2004, 03:35   #330
mikm
Major Dude

Re: Minor UI Bug in Winamp 5.x

Quote:
Originally posted by Inventrex
A VERY Very Minor User-Interface Bug in the Main Window which doesn't affect Winamp's performance but only a visual problem. Affecting Winamp 5.x onwards. This bug's picture will need a mouse pointer in it to prove that it is REAL (since pressing CTRL+PrintScreen will neglect the mouse pointer). It is fairly easy to reproduce. First, move your mouse to the right side of the volume bar (Modern Skin, any theme) and not touching the bar or slider. If the volume bar doesn't light up, carry on moving the mouse slowly left (but never touch the bar and slider). If you do it correctly, the slider will light up even though your mouse didn't touch the bar or slider.
Not a bug. All the areas for the controls are rectangular, not "freeform" shaped, so when the mouse enters the rectangular area, it triggers the mouseover.

The same happens with the round buttons- put the pointer close to, but not on one of the large, round buttons and the same thing will happen.