Old 27th October 2003, 02:48   #241
crazy_vag

Regarding the volume control... does it work "correctly" (like WMP & iTunes) on anyone's computer? If not, I think it's about time someone put a little effort into making it work properly. These links are nice, but end up crippling an otherwise great program. Please tell Justin to fix that!!
Old 27th October 2003, 02:55   #242
Sawg

Define "correctly" it works fine here and has always worked fine.

(If you are going to report a bug please provide proper details and system information. If you just want to bitch and moan this isn't the place for it).

Old 27th October 2003, 03:16   #243
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Plus, I already told you how to fix it in my previous reply
Old 27th October 2003, 03:46   #244
liquidmetallic

Send a message via Yahoo to liquidmetallic
When manually adding a shoutcast stream (or any file by location), the instant you press OK, the playlist freezes and if you wait about 10 seconds you get bombarded with "divide by zero" errors that don't stop until you terminate Winamp from the Task Manager.

Specs:
Windows XP Pro (no service packs installed)
Winamp 5.0 beta
AMD Athlon 1600+
256MB RAM
40GB HDD
Via Sound Chipset
Elsa Gladiac MX 32MB DDR Video Card
Programs running at time of error:
IE, Winamp 5 (of course), Sygate Personal Firewall, AIM
Old 27th October 2003, 04:03   #245
Mo' Shock

Send a message via AIM to Mo' Shock
Thanks for trying DJ Egg. Greatly appreciated. I just find it hard to believe I'm the only one with this unfixable problem. I swear I put like 3 hours into trying to fix this thing, and I'm no newb. The problem lies within Winamp itself b/c I have several other audio players that do not share this problem. But, I mean, hundreds of people out there must have the same components I do, so why aren't they receiving this problem? Maybe some people just aren't listening close enough... seeing as it's just a split-second error. Well, hopefully the final version will suit my fancy. As for now, Windows Media Player will remain my dominant audio player
Old 27th October 2003, 08:59   #246
dorways

Inadequate Playlist behavior

Winamp 5.0beta 10/13/03
WindowsXP SP1

- Start with empty playlist
- Insert any number of files in the playlist and start playing
- Now Clear Playlist (Ctrl+Shift+Delete)
(Playlist is now empty but, last music file keeps on playing, which is normal till now)
- Now add files again to the playlist (i.e. Add directory, Shift+L)
The first file of the playlist is "colored" as the one being played, which is NOT correct.
When the current song ends, the playlist jumps to the second file, thus skipping the first one which is never played (unless random is selected, or repeating the entire playlist).

That's not really a bug, and to be honnest, I don't remember if it was the same with v2.9x
Nevertheless I find that the first playlist file should not be skipped.

Any suggestions?
Old 27th October 2003, 13:27   #247
sock

Hey DJ Egg, thanks for adding the ASF/WMV issue to the "known bugs" list!

Anyway, I'd like to go back to the problem I mentioned with international song titles, in CLASSIC SKINS ONLY:

Currently, the only way to view international characters in the main Winamp window (again, with a classic skin), is to disable skinned fonts from the Winamp Preferences window (last option under "Classic Skins"). I am truly grateful for this option. However, it does not currently apply to the "Windowshade" mode of the Playlist Editor. This causes an inconsistency within Winamp, as international titles appear fine both in the main Winamp window and in the normal mode of the Playlist Editor.

In other words, I am asking that the already-existing option to disable skinned fonts will apply not only to the main Winamp window as it does now, but also to the song title in the Windowshade mode of the Playlist Editor .

Again, I'm talking about classic skins only, and I had the same problem with Winamp 2.x as well. I think many people from around the world would appreciate this. =)

There are also some glitches that concern right-to-left languages, but since those languages aren't too common and since it's kinda tricky to fix this kinda things, I'll just drop this subject... =P

Thanks!
Old 27th October 2003, 13:30   #248
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@dorways
For some weird reason, when I followed your reproduction instructions, the 8th file in the new list was hi-lighted, so the 9th track played next for me.
Therefore, yes, I'd class that as a bug, because you're right, the 1st track should play next.

@Mo_Shock
start a new thread in wa2/5 discussions, and I'll see if I can help solve the problem.

@liquidmetallic
I can't reproduce the problem . . . I use Add -> Location all the time.
Are you saying it doesn't happen when you add the same station c/o
Library -> Internet Radio?
"Divide by zero" errors are usually caused by some dodgy/incompatible 3rd-party plugin. Using any? (input, output, gen, dsp)
The last time that error was reported here, and was anything to do with the default setup of Winamp, was waaaay back in the days of 2.71 . . . where it turned out to be an issue with in_mp3's handling of LameEnc encoded mp3's . . . but that was fixed a long time ago.
ps. I won't ask why you've not installed WinXP sp1

@sock
read this
Old 27th October 2003, 14:22   #249
gugu

Quote:
Originally posted by gugu
On the playlist's menu "open playlists from library" (both in the normal and windowshade mode), the playlists that have & in the name don't appear correctly. If I have XP&TO, I get XPO, with the O underlined. This should be easily solved, just inserting && where it appears & in a playlist name when creating the menu or something like that.
The same thing happens in the Scanning File status, while winamp is scanning the folders for the library
Old 27th October 2003, 19:56   #250
Lavabeing

Send a message via AIM to Lavabeing
Bookmarks not deleteable without ML

If you install winamp without the media library, winamp will still allow you to bookmark the current file being played. However, because the media library wasn't installed you cannot edit or even delete the files that have been bookmarked.

PS. If there is a way to delete bookmarks without the ML then I haven't found it yet.
Old 27th October 2003, 20:40   #251
sock

DJ Egg: I am not asking for Unicode support, I am asking for something that Winamp can already do to cover a different window.

As said in the thread you referred me to, Winamp 2.x *does* support displaying characters of the OS default language. This has nothing to do with Unicode, as mentioned there, it just uses the extended ASCII table. It's how all programs display international languages under Windows 98/ME, and it's how programs that don't fully support Unicode (like mIRC and Winamp) display these characters, under any version of Windows.

So again, Winamp already has support for what I want, as it shows these characters correctly both in the player window and in the normal mode of the Playlist Editor. All I'm asking for is to extend that support to the Windowshade Mode of the Playlist Editor.

I know this isn't much of a bug, but I think it hurts Winamp's image to those who use international languages and the Playlist Windowshade. It's kinda icky. And I wouldn't imagine it to be too hard to fix. I mean, there's already an option to disable skinned fonts in the main player window (which works nice), I'm only asking for this option to cover the Playlist Windowshade as well.

I hope this post is clear enough... =)
Old 27th October 2003, 22:15   #252
crl620

Video docking issue

Issue: the video window undocks for 1-2 seconds and
appears on the other side of the screen.

How to reproduce:
1. Set up a playlist with 2 or more videos
2. Double click on one video, then quickly
(before the video has started to play), double click
on another video.
Old 27th October 2003, 22:28   #253
Teqnilogik

When playing an Ogg file with a lot of silence at the beginning of the song Winamp 5 will not play the file properly. I found that Winamp 5 will play the file properly during the silence one time. Then if you hit play again and restart the song the playback will be messed up. The time on the track will go very slow. For instance, it will take 2 or 3 seconds for a second of the song to go by and the song will skip back 1 or 2 seconds after every so many seconds of playback. The song I am playing is 3 Doors Down - Track 12 on the album, Away From The Sun (it is a hidden track with 30 seconds of silence at the beginning). The Ogg file was encoded at Ogg quality 5/stereo.
Old 27th October 2003, 23:17   #254
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@sock
The answer is 'yes'
Look at the 2nd image in the thread I linked to.

@Lavabeing
Aah . . . well spotted.
That's a bit of a nasty glitch.
Without the library installed, you can now only edit/delete bookmarks by manually editing the winamp.bm file (in the main winamp dir). Whereas in Winamp 2.x, bookmark editing was done in Prefs -> Bookmarks.

@crl620
I can't reproduce that. Anyone else?
Maybe it's already fixed in latest internal build?

@Teqnilogik
I'll pass that info on.
If only Peter was still here, it'd be fixed in an instant...
Old 27th October 2003, 23:47   #255
Mo' Shock

DJ Egg, just a notifier. I'm not the only one with my problem. I went over to my friend's house today (who has winamp 5 installed) and tested it out.. and it does the exact same thing. Hmm....
Old 27th October 2003, 23:54   #256
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@Mo_Shock
start a new thread in wa2/5 discussions, and I'll see if I can help solve the problem.
Old 28th October 2003, 00:38   #257
Hobie-wan

Re: Video docking issue

Quote:
Originally posted by crl620
Just for the record, when I launch WA5, I get the top strip of the playlist window sporting the classic default WA2 colors briefly near the top left of my screen. When if finishes initializing, it goes away and WA5 shows up normally with the correct skin in the bottom right of my screen where I keep it.

I _think_ that the temporary window header shows up approximately in the place where Winamp would put it when you install and run for the very first time. Like it references that position first, then it actually finds the saved configuration and moves the window.
Old 28th October 2003, 00:56   #258
cppman

Re: Video docking issue

Quote:
Originally posted by crl620

How to reproduce:
1. Set up a playlist with 2 or more videos
2. Double click on one video, then quickly
(before the video has started to play), double click
on another video.
I get the same thing when opening a video from explorer. I think it opens the video window, begins to play, and then integrates it into the skin.
Old 28th October 2003, 01:42   #259
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@cppman
Aah, yes, that is a different issue. If you place the detached video window roughly over the same space where the attached video window would be, then you might not notice it so much (independent window sizes/positions are recorded to winamp.ini for classic skins and studio.xnf for modern skins). Not much that can be done about that, except for maybe hiding the video window until winamp is fully open with the attached video window. Also note, that currently, all other 3rd-party freeform/modern skins (as originally built for Winamp3) don't have an "attached video" feature, so you'll never experience this glitch with them.

I think this seems to be kinda fixed in the latest build,
and I still can't reproduce crl620's problem, so I guess that is also fixed.

@Hobie-wan
Please read the other sticky thread first (known bugs).
That particularly issue is known and fixed.
Old 28th October 2003, 02:29   #260
D&B
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg

@crl620
I can't reproduce that. Anyone else?
Maybe it's already fixed in latest internal build?
Yep I get it all the time when clicking changing between movies...not only is it flashed for a second undocked across the screen, it flashes with the old classic skin even though I am using modern.

Sometimes it stays undocked (but then assumes the modern skin).

I havent bothered to report it because I dont have enough time right now to try and get accurate steps to reproduce. I just know that when I am playing many small mpgs one after another, I often get this behavior.

My city is on fire.

[Edit]Didnt see the other posts, but it looks like you are aware of the issue. It does only happen when opening movies from explorer. I dont the problem can be explained away. It definitely is a bug and needs to be fixed. Sometimes when switching between movies it forces an undock. Thats a bug too.[/edit]
Old 28th October 2003, 09:08   #261
sock

ý
DJ Egg, I appreciate the new international support in modern skins, but I was actually referring to the classic skinning engine in my posts, check the attached image:

BTW, crl620's problem doesn't happen here as well (yes, I switched to the modern skin to try it).

The reason I don't use the modern skin is that it is very very slow on my machine. It takes about 20 seconds for it to load up, or unload. It's Windows Media Player-ish.

OMG, I just switched to the modern skin and then back to the classic skin (not immediately, the computer was idle for a few seconds), and Winamp CRASHED while switching back!

/me runs in circles while grabbing his head and screaming hysterically.

/me sends a crash error report to Microsoft.

Quote:
Originally posted by Microsoft Online Crash Analysis

Analysis Information

Thank you for submitting an error report. The error was likely caused by: Winamp

Winamp was created by Nullsoft Inc.. Please contact Nullsoft Inc. in order to find out if a solution or an updated version of Winamp is available. For more information, see the Nullsoft Inc. Web site.

http://forums.winamp.com/
Thank you, Dr. Obvious.
Attached Images
File Type: png playlist_int.png (18.3 KB, 619 views)
Old 28th October 2003, 13:54   #262
Alexlbcc

Send a message via ICQ to Alexlbcc
multiple instances

Im having a bit of a problem with shoutcast. When im listening to a shoutcast stream (virgin radio...the best stream), then i try to open up a file say, from within mirc (yes i got that 6.1 exploit patch), another instance of winamp opens. I checked and the box to support MI is definately unchecked. Other than that, and the little shift-v bug i found a while ago, things are looking goog guys :-)
Old 28th October 2003, 21:19   #263
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

======================================================

Winamp 5.0 Beta 2 Released
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=154385
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...fid=1066336873

======================================================
Old 28th October 2003, 23:08   #264
Arckon

Beta2 crashes every time I exit it now. It does not matter if I am currently playing a song, using a winamp2 or 3 skin.

Windows XP SP1, SB Live, GeForce3 Ti200 w/ 52.16 dets
Attached Files
File Type: txt appcompat.txt (96.0 KB, 213 views)
Old 28th October 2003, 23:24   #265
Jcl

Resizes in Freeform skins (MMD3)

Not sure if this goes here, or if it's know already, but it just happened to me with WA5 Beta so I think I should share:

If you set the MMD3 skin to Windowshade mode, on any resolution less than 1600x1200 (because the Windowshade mode is 800 pixels wide), then click the "Double Window Size" option (not using Scaling), then when you go back, it cuts the part of the skin that was not visible after doubling the skin size... only way to get that back was hand-editing studio.xnf with Winamp closed, and removing all references to MMD3 to "reset" it (it was probably just a single line, but I didn't really care to check).

Don't know if this happens with other skins or if it only happens to me... that's what just happened, and I'm too busy to reproduce the bug again (and fix it ;D).

Hope this helps any,
Javi

PS: An option for resetting plugin settings so it reverts to default from the program? (instead of manually editing the studio.xnf file?)

PS2: Oh, it also happened to me before (but suddenly it stopped happening, so I can't reproduce) that if I used the menu to change my skin, if I chose a freeform skin it'd always use the Winamp Modern Skin, no matter what I selected (selecting the classic skin worked). As I said, that doesn't happen anymore, so I dunno the exact situation where it happened.
Old 28th October 2003, 23:28   #266
Sawg

@Arckon
Can't reproduce, but it looks like you have a lot of third party general plug-ins there. Try on a fresh install. Or disable the gen_*.dll plugins one by one until it stops.

Old 28th October 2003, 23:33   #267
Arckon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sawg
@Arckon
Can't reproduce, but it looks like you have a lot of third party general plug-ins there. Try on a fresh install. Or disable the gen_*.dll plugins one by one until it stops.
I just ran it again and played a song, then closed it, and it went fine this time. I dunno wtf was causing it. If it crashes again later, then I will try disabling/uninstalling stuff
Old 29th October 2003, 00:08   #268
Carnicero

The Config drawer pushes the entire Playlist Editor down when it is docked underneath. Beta1 had the drawer function correctly, where the drawer opened over top of the Playlist Editor.

If this isn't a bug, please let me know how to fix it.
Old 29th October 2003, 00:10   #269
retchless

If i have a file in a playlist, and that file is also in the media library, editing the ID3 tags of that file from the Playlist window will not update the media library. Also, it wont show the updated tag information in the playlist window (ie. it goes with the values that are entered in the media library).

Winamp 5 beta 2
Windows XP SP1
Old 29th October 2003, 00:53   #270
dougieha

Hey DJ Egg!

My window position remembering problem is STILL there in Beta 2. It works just fine with classic skins, but modern skins absolutely refuse to reopen in their proper position/size. Both my winamp.ini and studio.xnf are not read-only, and it seems like the correct values are being saved in the files when I exit WA5, but when I restart, they are not read/implemented to properly position the windows.

Also of note is that if I open a window (playlist, media library, etc.), reposition it and resize it, then close it, and then reopen it, the position and size I just previously set are not remembered...it opens in the same spot/size as it did initially. The key here is that this is all within 1 session (i.e. no closing/reopening WA5 in between).

Also note that it IS saving whether I have the windows in shade/normal mode.

Any ideas, please? This bug is getting really, really annoying, since every time I start up WA5, I have to reposition all the windows. Hopefully this will help the developers or help someone else help me.

Thanks,
Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 29th October 2003, 01:09   #271
Hobie-wan

Quote:
[i]Originally posted by DJ Egg

@Hobie-wan
Please read the other sticky thread first (known bugs).
That particularly issue is known and fixed. [/B]
Sorry about that, been a while since I read the known bug list. I wasn't actually reporting what I thought was a new bug. I just figured it was related to the other guy's issue.
Old 29th October 2003, 01:38   #272
Carnicero

Quote:
my earlier post
The Config drawer pushes the entire Playlist Editor down when it is docked underneath.
OK, I checked it out with the Winamp Modern .wal from Beta1 and the problem doesn't exist. So this problem is in the Modern Skin itself for Beta2.
Old 29th October 2003, 02:03   #273
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@Carnicero
I believe that is a bug fix. Docking works properly now.
To disable it, you'd need to set "dock windows at" to "0" in prefs.
[edit] re: 2nd post . . . weird! [/edit]

@retchless
You need to edit the library entry first for both library & playlist entries to be updated. To disable the other issue/feature, uncheck "use library data for title-formatting" in Prefs -> Library. But then the playlist entry won't be updated if you edit the library entry...

@dougieha
It's not a bug, because you are the only person experiencing it.
It's a problem with your installation or system.
Uninstall, delete the winamp dir, reinstall & use on an admin account, with no 3rd-party plugins. If the problem persists, there's nothing more I/we can do until Winamp 5 (Final release) Tech Support is supported...
Old 29th October 2003, 02:08   #274
MntnDew

One teenie tiny thing....

When scrolling using the scroll wheel on my mouse i get to the bottom of the library -> NowPlaying and keep scrolling it adjusts the lowers the volume. The same thing happens when i scroll to the top and keep scrolling up, it raises the volume. It doesn't seem to do it anywhere else.

Other than that it fantastic! Go Winamp!
Old 29th October 2003, 02:12   #275
intoxiChaos

Winamp crashes when I try to refresh/update/add files to my Media Library. It crashes at 15%. o_0
Old 29th October 2003, 02:31   #276
dougieha

Hmmmph...

I've uninstalled, deleted the directory, searched the registry, deleted any winamp entries, reinstalled as the admin (which I am anyway), and the problem persists.

This is maddening! I'm using a brand-new install of XP Pro w/ SP1.

Dougieha

My skins: Sony MPFX3-WA5 (Just for WA 5.x!!) and Sony MPFX3.
Old 29th October 2003, 02:48   #277
Rellik
Major Dude

just a Beta2 quickie: the winshade playlist still has the "Exit Winamp" tooltip for the close button.
Old 29th October 2003, 03:23   #278
StarSaber

This may have already been posted, if so, please ignore this.

But when you open Winamp sometimes, the main Winamp program doesn't show (playlist does, however).

Also, sometimes (I've only noticed it on larger playlists -- like over 30 songs) Winamp will show a blank playlist and you have to hide the playlist, then redisplay it so that the playlist items are there.

That's my problems.

Using latest Beta, btw.

- Justin
Old 29th October 2003, 03:40   #279
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@MntnDew
That's in the known bugs thread.
Same thing happens to me, but apparently, not everybody.

@intoxiChaos
We need more info than that.
System specs, windows os, nature of crash, file formats, any 3rd-party plugins, etc.
Try deleting gen_ml.ini, the plugins/ml dir, and reinstalling, then add your files to the library again

@dougieha
I'm truly baffled at the mo.
Sorry
Anyone else got any ideas?

@Rellik
Well spotted!
Will report this.

@StarSaber
Weird! That's supposed to be fixed in beta 2...
Old 29th October 2003, 03:48   #280
Mo' Shock

DJEgg you know my situation, hehe. When playing Audio CD's, no matter the track, it plays the last second over again... ( or at least it sounds that way ) This happens on my computer and my neighbor's computer. Anymore ideas on how to fix?
Closed Thread
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports