Old 27th January 2004, 11:25   #121
Kado

Skin rendering in Winamp 5

Winamp 5 is not rendering the playlist properly. On Winamp 3 the playlist could have a custom background (layer) instead of a base colour! But winamp 5 doesn't render it properlly so it just overlaps the backgrownd with a collour. The problem is probablly on gen_ff.dll

Thanks to EdgeOfEpsilon for the help related to this matter!

Check the attachement (Wasabi.Player build 499g on top and Winamp 5.01 on the bottom)

My system specs are:
Windows XP Pro (fully updated)
Pentium 3 @ 800MHz
256 MB sd-ram
AC'97 audio
Winamp 5.01/Wasabi.Player b499g + anime paradise 2 skin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wa3 wa5.jpg (95.6 KB, 779 views)
Old 27th January 2004, 15:26   #122
kitdekat

a 20K to 32K memory leak in the rundll32.exe when playing videos in the playlist; options enabled: shuffle, repeat, do-not resize window to fit video, do-not stop playback when window closed, all others are defults. Over a weekend the file crept from 4MB to 79MB and it required a reboot to fix.

Winamp 5.01 + Modern Skin (blue/cream) no alpha/transpar's.
Windows 2K server SP4 + misc patches
AMD XP 2500+
512MB DDR
AC'97 on-board
GeForce FX 5200 128MB + Dual Display
nVidia driver v4.34.20.18
DirectX 7

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

I'm not sure what rundll32.exe has to do with anything
or what DLL it's running as an app at the time
or how it's related to Winamp,
or what video format you're playing...
but I know I can't reproduce this.

btw, you should upgrade to DirectX 9.0b

[/Edit]
Old 28th January 2004, 00:51   #123
kaotix

Mouse wheel problem in Media Library

Hi,

Note: yes, this happens only with the mouse driver/utility described below, yet Winamp is the *only* affected application, therefore IMHO a fix is due, low prio of course. It also only affects the ML, in the playlist all is fine.

I have a cordless wheel mouse that came with a utility ("iWare V3.2") that "fixes" Windows' confusing wheel scrolling behaviour that the wheel scrolls the window that currently has keyboard focus and not the one under the cursor.
When the utility is running and configured to use "Enhanced scroll mode", scrolling the wheel always affects the window under cursor, regardless of whether that window or even the app it belongs to has keyboard focus or not.

In Winamp's Media Library, wheel scrolling works only if the list to scroll has keyboard focus and then only the first wheel message is honored, after that there's no reaction to the wheel at all.

CPU: AMD Athlon XP 2400+
RAM: 256MB DDR
Sound: on-board (nForce2)
Gfx: nVidia TNT2 M64
DirectX: 9.0b
Winamp: 5.01
no 3rd party plugins or skins
using default Modern Skin
Old 28th January 2004, 02:20   #124
sparky555

<edit> If I weren't so stupid I would have searched for "Track Length" instead of "Track Time" and would have found that this has been asked. I still haven't seen a real good answer to the problem, though. </edit>

Hopefully I just didn't miss this being reported somewhere else. The track times in the playlist window don't all display correctly. Some do, but others don't.

If you minimize the playlist window so that only the playing song is displayed the time shows up correctly.

The main window always shows the correct time.

Winamp 5.01
AMD Athlon 1400MHz
Abit KG7-RAID
4 X 256 MB Crucial PC-2100
Sound Blaster Live! Value 5.1
ATi Radeon 9000 PRO (Built by Sapphire)
Windows XP SP1 + all crucial updates
DirectX 9.0b
No 3rd party stuff
Default skin.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

What file formats?

[/Edit]

.mp3 -- these files always worked in 2.xx. The ones that are working are also .mp3

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Cannot reproduce this.
Which encoder did you use?
If they're vbr encoded, try vbrfix.
Also make sure you're using in_mp3,
not some 3rd-party decoder (in_mp3pro, in_mad, etc).
Otherwise, post in tech support for config help/tips.

[/Edit]

Last edited by sparky555; 28th January 2004 at 04:21.
Old 29th January 2004, 05:09   #125
tddlard

Machine Specs

AMD Athlon XP 2200
1Gb DDR
64Mb GeForce 4 - (nVidia's own driver)
SoundBlaster Live! Platinum - (SB own driver)
Windows 2K, SP4
Winamp 5.01 - DirectSound output v2.2.8

Playing music as normal, didn't do anything different. An the error message popped up

Assertion failed:winamp.exe - Application Error
The exception Breakpoint
A breakpoint has been reached.
(0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x012ef68.

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program

I have tried playing the same mp3 that was playing when the error occurred.
Old 29th January 2004, 20:16   #126
Professor Tom

Got two issues:

First the easy one. When I load wav files, Winamp doesn't display the correc time. I get bogus times (like 55 hrs and some odd minutes, stuff like that)

The other issues is this, whenever I try to bring Winamp to the foreground and the main window as focus, the keyboard shortcuts don't work. (i.e. zxcvb arrows) However, if the EQ or the Playlist has the focus, the shortcuts work just fine.

I am running Winamp 5.1 on a
3 GHz 800Mhz FSB HT P4
1 GB of RAM
WinXP Pro SP1
DirectX 9
Old 30th January 2004, 06:05   #127
Courtarro

Send a message via AIM to Courtarro
When Windows is shutdown, settings in [at least] the modern skin are not saved and the windows all reappear where they were on next boot. This bug also existed, at least for me, in Winamp 5.00 as well.

To reproduce:
Start Winamp. Move Winamp to top-right corner of screen. Close Winamp. Reopen Winamp. Move to top-left. Restart Windows while Winamp is running. Run Winamp once reboot is complete, and Winamp is back in the top-right.

Workaround:
Close Winamp before shutting down or restarting Windows.

Solution:
Make sure Winamp saves the skin settings when Windows tells it to shut down, just like when Winamp closes itself.

Specs:
Winamp 5.01
Windows XP SP1
Pentium 4 1.7Ghz
ATI All-in-Wonder Radeon 32M
SB Live! 4-channel
Old 30th January 2004, 08:05   #128
wrackenbot

Multi-user fix is partially working

I read a couple of posts with users having some problems when running WinAmp without administrator rights. The fix that was suggested was to change the permissions of the Winamp folder to allow everyone to write.

After doing that, winamp functions correctly. Well... almost. The only thing that seems broken is that the main winamp window does not 'listen' to the standard key pressings (Keypad5 to start playing, Keypad0 to open file, R for repeat mode and so on...). However when clicking on the playlist window the keys work fine!

I have attempted to change the access rights for the Winamp registry keys under HKLM and HKCU, looked at the logs for any "ACCESS DENIED" errors to files, but nothing came up. Any fix would be welcome!

I have done a partial install (no video, no global hotkeys, no Visualization) and my system is:
WinXP Pro SP1
AMD AthlonXP 2600+ with 512MB RAM on Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2
nVidia GeForceFX 5200 with 53.03 International drivers installed
SoundBlaster 5.1 Digital (no, not any gen_nomad.dll file in winamp folder)

I am running Winamp 5.01

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Is nView enabled?

[/Edit]
Old 2nd February 2004, 06:00   #129
bellyman

Quote:
Originally posted by hit0
winamp 5.01

under classic skin, the media keys on my keyboard (play, next, back, stop, pause, etc.)work, but when I switch to the modern skin, they no longer function.

Pentium 4 3Ghz
512M RAM
Windows XP Pro SP1
Microsoft Internet Keyboard Pro w/ IntelliType 5.0
Similar setup (SP1a)
Microsoft Natural Keyboard Pro (w ITT 5.0)

-- I had this working before; rebooted countless times; got rid of the HOTKEYS etc etc. Then I switched to another skin and it worked! I realized it WAS the difference between MODERN and CLASSIC. I only know a skin is modern because you can change the opacity. (is there another way to find out easily)?
-- Anyahoo, please review the MODERN skin(s) wrt this issue.

Great improvements over 2.. (yeah, I skipped 3 - too damn slow!)
Belly
Old 4th February 2004, 14:13   #130
StillWater
Forum King

I couldn't find this bug listed anywhere.

It is a problem with the classic skin engine when using the new "Enable smooth window resizing for resizeable skinned windows" feature. This bug affects the playlist.

Basically, when you slide the vertical slider (on any skin) all the way to the bottom, this usually happens...(see attachment).

Whether it happens or not depends on how many pixels your playlist happens to have been stretched by - though it seems to happen more often than not.

(using Windows XP Pro)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg playlist-smooth-scrolling-bug.jpg (21.1 KB, 687 views)

Sow a thought, reap an action; sow an action, reap a habit; sow a habit, reap a character; sow a character, reap a destiny.

All my skins: @ winamp.com @ 1K1WS @ Deviantart.com

My latest Flash Project: BreathingEarth.net
Old 6th February 2004, 03:56   #131
RedivideR

Error in ID3 v2.3 Comments frame

Winamp 5.01 (clean install): Yes
System specs: Dell Latitude C640, 2.2 GHz, 1 GB RAM
OS, Including Service Packs: WinXP, SP1, all patches
Video Card, Video Card Drivers: Mobility Radeon 7500
Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers: Integrated
DirectX version: 9.0
3rd-party plugins: N/A
Default modern and/or classic skin: Both

It appears as if WinAmp 5.01 is not properly setting the three-character language code in the Comments (COMM) ID3 v2.3 frame. In other words, the format in which WinAmp 5.01 stores the data in the "Comments" field is incorrect.

By viewing a couple of files in a binary editor which have had the Comments field set by WinAmp 5.01, you can see that there are garbage characters in the place of the language code. (These three characters are supposed to be the industry standard codes describing the language in which the Comments are written.) The characters are different each time, so if I had to guess, I'd say that the variable which is supposed to store the language code is not being initialized.

"What's the big deal?" you might ask. Who cares is some tiny rule in the ID3 standard is not being followed? Well, because if you read the file in an application other than WinAmp, the Comments might be dropped. I'm not sure if it's sacriligious to mention the product here, but I can't get iTunes, for example, to read a Comments field which has been created by WinAmp. The Comments show up in WinAmp, but iTunes appears to be dropping the corrupt COMM frame altogether when it hits the bad language code.

I haven't tested any other applications, but I would imagine that a bad COMM frame would cause unexpected results in many other programs as well. One could argue that it is the other application, such as iTunes, which is not properly handling the error, but the error appears to be introduced in the first place by WinAmp.

- RedivideR
Old 7th February 2004, 23:03   #132
RedivideR

Bug with ID3 v2.3 tag with multiple Comments (COMM) frames

WinAmp 5.02 does not properly read ID3 v2.3 tags with multiple Comments (COMM) frames. According to the standard, an ID3 v2.3 tag can contain multiple Comments frames, as long as the description of that frame is different. But instead of properly taking into account the description field of a Comments frame, WinAmp will set the "Comment" field in the "View File Info" based on whichever Comments frame happens to be read last.

MusicMatch, for example, uses the multiple Comments frames capability to store its Preference, Tempo, Mood, and Situation text values. In MusicMatch, if you set a Preference of "Excellent", there will be a Comments frame with a description of "MusicMatch_Preference" and an actual value of "Excellent". (In WinAmp, the "Comment" field in the "View File Info" dialog is stored in a Comments frame with an empty string as the description.)

Some people may ask "So what if WinAmp doesn't handle multiple Comments frames exactly according to the ID3 v2.3 standard? I'm a loyal WinAmp user. I don't use any other tag editing programs!" But, what if you download a public domain (of course) MP3 or even purchase an MP3 which was edited using a program other than WinAmp? The Comments entered using that program might not show up in WinAmp because of this bug.

To use the above example, if the MusicMatch "Preference" version of the Comments frame just so happens to come after the normal Comments frame, then you would see "Excellent" in WinAmp's Comment field and not the normal comments that were actually entered (which wouldn't show up anywhere). This also happens if don't have any normal comments, but instead have a Comments frame which uses the description field of the Comments frame.

The Comments information could be stored correctly in an MP3, but because of this bug in WinAmp, it's up to the chance order of these frames to determine if you will actually see the Comments.

- RedivideR
Old 8th February 2004, 06:16   #133
RedivideR

Bug with MPEG frame count

WinAmp 5.02 apparently incorrectly states the number of MPEG frames in an MP3 file. It looks like WinAmp is estimating the number of frames based on the size of the MPEG data divided by the length of the first MPEG frame it finds. Unfortunately, because of padding bytes, not all of the MPEG frame sizes are the same size. This therefore throws off WinAmp’s estimate.

See below for a sample file’s MPEG information available in the "View File Info" dialog...

Size: 5896964
Header found at: 1024
Length: 294 seconds
MPEG 1.0 layer 3
160kbit, 11294 frames
44100Hz Joint Stereo

I’ve also had a look at the file in a binary editor and I can see that the first frame is 522 bytes long and the second frame is 523. (All of the remaining tracks are either 522 or 523 bytes long.)

So…if WinAmp does indeed estimate the MPEG frame count using only the first frame, then you would get a frame count of 11294.9042. (See the below formula.) Pretty close, eh? All you have to do is truncate the decimals and you have a match.

(5896864 – 1024) / 522 = 11294.9042

Now, iterating through each MPEG frame in the file (programmatically) gives you a count of 11266, a number which makes much more sense if you take into account that a large portion of the MPEG frames are larger than WinAmp assumes.

Someone might ask “So, you think that WinAmp should take all the extra time it would require to read every frame of the MP3 just to get an accurate count?” My answer is, of course not. I think the simple solution to this bug would be to label the frame count as “estimated frames”. But when WinAmp definitively states that there are X number of MPEG frames in an MP3 file when in many cases there are far fewer frames, this looks to be a bug.

BTW, I don’t claim to be a MPEG guru, so there might be a logical explanation for this discrepancy. I just counted the bytes to make my calculations. I could very easily be missing part of the MPEG frame count puzzle.

- RedivideR
Old 8th February 2004, 15:44   #134
Danez

Notification

I noticed a bug that appears with the notifications in 5.02.(in 5.01 it worked well)
The notification sometimes doesn't fade and sometimes stayes on desktop and don't dissapear.

Winamp 5.02 (clean install): Yes
System specs: AMD Athlon XP 1800+, 768 MB DDR333-Ram, Windows XP Home SP1 + all avaible updates, ATI Radeon 9500Pro(Catalyst.4.1), Creative SB audigy platinum,
DirectX version: 9.0b
3rd-party plugins: RM-X 0.84, german language;
Default modern and/or classic skin: modern german and modern(default), both don't work.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

See if this helps:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....91#post1267691

[/Edit]
Old 9th February 2004, 09:41   #135
Danez

Re: Notification

Quote:
[Edit --> DJ Egg]

See if this helps:
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....91#post1267691

[/Edit]
this didn't helped me because i hadn't problems with opacity, but this solved my prob: to turn the TIMERS RESOLUTION from 15ms to 25ms

New BUG
If I use the Notification, it comes up with this message if a new track is played:

Seems to look right.
But if i Pause the Playback and then resume it(Done by Creative Remote Control(RM-900) & RM-X 0.84), it looks a little bit strange:

System: like above
Old 10th February 2004, 17:21   #136
puterfixer

Howdy folks,

I just completed a clean install of Winamp 5.02 (free version, custom install without Agent/Library/Video support/AVS/global hotkey) and the bug I observed earlier is still there. There are no previous skins or plugins, this is a clean installation. In Modern skin, when right-clicking on the Winamp window and selecting Visualization menu, the Color Themes menu appears multiple times, and the number increases to 4 on consecutive right-clicks on the window and showing that menu. Hope you can reproduce the problem. (Please see attached screenshot.)

System: AMD AthlonXP 1800+, Epox 8K3A motherboard, 256MB DDR, GeForce 3 TI 200 video card with 128MB DDR AGP 4x, Creative Labs Vibra (PCI 128) sound card, Windows 2000 Professional with latest patches and drivers.

[5 minutes later edit] Thanks to DJ Egg's suggestion, I reinstalled with video and library (and agent), and the Color Themes disappeared from the Visualizations submenu and appeared in the Options submenu where they should be. Without video support and library, the Color Themes setting doesn't appear in Options at all, instead it appears multiple times in Visualization. Must be a dynamic popup problem somewhere.

[10 minutes later edit] This time I installed Winamp only with Video support but no Library, and the Color Themes option moved in the popup menu from Options to Playback (one submenu entry down, not two).
Attached Images
File Type: png winamp_502_bug.png (19.9 KB, 683 views)

Last edited by puterfixer; 10th February 2004 at 17:40.
Old 10th February 2004, 22:06   #137
GICodeWarrior

Send a message via AIM to GICodeWarrior
Assertion failed

Expression: hrgn != NULL
File: D:\projects\nullsoft\Studio\bfc\platform\Win32\win32_region.cpp
Line: 469

Left winamp running for a couple hours and got the above message.

My page file was up around 950MB after closing winamp it is down to 220MB or so.

Had visualization in overlay mode on desktop.

WinXP Pro SP1
2x AMD Athlon MP 1900+'s
1GB Registered ECC DDR RAM
Tyan Tiger MPX mobo
some form of SB Audigy OEM
ATI Radeon 7200 w/ 64MB DDR

fresh OS install (like 12 hours in) + Winamp v5.02
ALL windows updates
vid driver v6.14.0010.6414
ati2dvag.dll
sound driver v5.12.0001.3300
emu10k1m.sys
directx 9.0b
Old 11th February 2004, 03:02   #138
lektroluv

Whenever I switch to modern skin, my winamp disapears (turns invisible.. whatever).
It's still running. The music is playing and everything. I just can't see it. As soon as I switch back to classic, it reapears at the same place.

My specs:

Win XP professional

AMD athlon XP 1900+ 1.6ghz
nvidia gforce ti4400
896MB RAM

All latest drivers and updates.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Alas, this is not a reproducable report.
With Winamp closed, delete studio.xnf
This will reset all modern skin settings.
If the problem persists, post in Tech Support

[/Edit]
Old 12th February 2004, 02:12   #139
snakes200

Send a message via AIM to snakes200 Send a message via Yahoo to snakes200
Winamp Problem.

Sometimes when i load winamp 5.02 it only loads the playlist and i can't get the equalizer or the playbutton part to load on the scree i think this is a bug cause 5.01 and 5.0 did this as well.
Old 12th February 2004, 03:04   #140
JonnyMac

@ snakes200

Does that happen with classic skins?...
Quote:
From Known Winamp 5.0x Bugs

-Classic skins: If Winamp is closed in minimized state, Playlist window is maximized on reopening Winamp. Also affects video window, if it is open before closing Winamp.
Note: Main, EQ, and ML windows are correctly minimized,
and single-clicking taskbar/systray icon restores them.
Tempfix (unzip to Winamp\Plugins) : will be built-in to winamp.exe in v5.03
Old 12th February 2004, 08:31   #141
wmpsux

5.02 main window artifact with enable Virtual Desktop

I found that the classic main window artifact problem with the modern skin is reproducible easily whenever enable Virtual Desktop (eVD) is running. If I exit eVD then the window artifact disappears.

IBM Thinkpad T30 Type 2366-85U
Windows XP Pro SP1 w/ all updates
enable Virtual Desktop ver 2.1t Build 12
Old 12th February 2004, 21:43   #142
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by amano
Is it just me?

I can't use the "Locked" and "Temporary" checkmarks in the scaling menu anymore. They are greyed out.

In the opacity menu: the opaque on focus/hover checkmarks do not work (have no effect).

I will try a clean install.
Probably just you
Works fine for me.

Take a look in the prefs.

Modern Skins > General tab:
On Window Close/Reopen = Reset window scale...

Modern Skins > Alpha Blending tab:
Uncheck "link all windows in all skins"
to use individual window settings.
Select the individual opacity value (%)
in the Windows Settings menu for each window,
and checkmark one of the two options (link on hover/focus).

If the problem persists, post in Tech Support.

[EDIT]

Hmm, actually, there could be a problem with the
"link all windows in all skins" setting here...
Not sure.
Anyone?

...time to start disabling one or two plugins methinks
Old 13th February 2004, 16:31   #143
glitch77k

When I put an Mp3 cd into my cd player and click on the "d" device in Media Library it shows that I have a "data track" on that disk rather than displaying my mp3's. Seems to me it should read them just like any other disk drive. Just FYI.

Win XP
256 SDRam
1.0 Ghz
Old 13th February 2004, 17:56   #144
miahz

Quote:
Seems to me it should read them just like any other disk drive.
i agree. i just tried to browse some files on a cd, and it just shows "Data CD." being able to browse thru discs for supported files would seem like a natural extension of the library. similarly, it could detect and play s/vcds and dvds instead of just audio cds. and why not enhanced/cd extra discs while we're at it? - they often have videos and such that would be nice to queue up after the audio tracks. (altho, i remember back when winamp couldn't even find audio tracks on those enhanced cds.) perhaps a separate pane (as in the local media - audio window) or a "browse" switch button so you could browse the filesystem in the device window (not the windows open files dialog), enabling you to see the metadata, length, and such.

also noticed the other day that long album titles are cut off in the cd device window. and there's no way to scroll it or resize the fixed 2-line header.

and how about an album length in the album info?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

These are NOT bugs.
Please post feature requests in the Wishlist.

[/Edit]
Old 13th February 2004, 18:44   #145
Shanamaj

Send a message via ICQ to Shanamaj
Players stops playing after a few songs

I've got Winamp 5.02, no plugins or new skins installed.
PC, pentium 4 - 3 GHz, 512 RAM, Windows XP - Home Edition
Radeon 9800 Video Card
SoundBlaster Audigy Sound Card
DirectX 8.1

After a few songs Winamp stops playing, which ever skin I use. When I try to press play, it wont start playing again. I have to open task manager and close winamp and then restart it for it to play again. And then the same thing happens after a few songs.
After doing this procedure a couple of times rebooting Winamp doesnt help - I have to reboot the whole computer if I want it to play a few songs for me again.

I've never had this problem before Winamp 5.

Any ideas?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

Please posts requests for tech support in the Tech Support forum

[/Edit]
Old 15th February 2004, 06:01   #146
JJ6829

Large playlist bug is back in v5.02, experienced in like 2.8X/.9X and i remember reading changelog saying it was fixed for the versions after it.

This time being at playlist entry #9321... went back to v5.01, bug is gone, can add songs to 9322, etc.

Seems to happen when you add a some files, then sort by name, everything after 9321 is truncated.

.m3u list.

Winamp v5.01/v5.02
AMD Athlon XP 1900+
GA-7VAX K7
1 80GB 7200RPM Maxtor HD
1 80GB 7200RPM Maxtor DiamondMax9
(made into external USB2 drive, playlist + mp3s/wma's are on this one)
1 120GB 7200RPM Maxtor DiamondMax 9
Crucial 512MB DDR333 PC2700
Kingston 512MB DDR333 NON-ECC PC2700
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb
Sound Blaster Audigy
Windows XP Professional SP1a
Old 15th February 2004, 21:31   #147
NautaClarus

WM_WA_IPC errors

Winamp 5.02, clean install
WinXP Home SP!, VC++6 Ent SP5

just a minor error when using ::SendMessage/WM_WA_IPC to retrieve the winamp version:
1) IPC_GETVERSION returns 0x5001 although it should be 0x5002
Old 16th February 2004, 13:57   #148
n2jtx

Send a message via AIM to n2jtx
Re: WM_WA_IPC errors

Quote:
Originally posted by NautaClarus
Winamp 5.02, clean install
WinXP Home SP!, VC++6 Ent SP5

just a minor error when using ::SendMessage/WM_WA_IPC to retrieve the winamp version:
1) IPC_GETVERSION returns 0x5001 although it should be 0x5002
Winamp 5.02 (upgrade install from 5.01)
Tyan S1830S AT PIII 700MHz 320MB
Windows 98SE
Intel 740
Yamaha DS-XG
DirectX 9.0b

Same problem on an upgrade install; seeing 0x5001 instead of 0x5002.
Old 16th February 2004, 17:22   #149
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Re: Re: WM_WA_IPC errors

Quote:
Originally posted by n2jtx
Winamp 5.02 (upgrade install from 5.01)
Tyan S1830S AT PIII 700MHz 320MB
Windows 98SE
Intel 740
Yamaha DS-XG
DirectX 9.0b

Same problem on an upgrade install; seeing 0x5001 instead of 0x5002.
Yup, this is a known issue.
DrO pointed it out to the devs a week or so ago.
Should be fixed for 5.03
Old 17th February 2004, 01:38   #150
Horze

Send a message via ICQ to Horze
hotkeys

hi well i use latest winamp 5.02
i use the full 5.02 with everything installed except mr winamp agent

p4 2.4C
ASUS P4c800 DLX
sb live value
512ddr ram
ortek versato MCK800 multimedia keyboard
standard ps2 mouse
i think thats all you guys need
WIN XP PRO with Sp1
and dirext x 9.0b

from what i see no1 has posted the first one

i use the following keys to use my winamp
ive been using them for 5 years now or however long ive had winamp for.. and now its a habit
next track = 6 on number pad
previous track = 4 on number pad
forward = right
rewind = left
pause = c
restart track/play = 5 on number pad
volume up = up
volume down = down

these are the standard controsl by winamp (default)
now i used t use winamp 2 then jumped from 2 to 5 as i hated 3
anyways i decided ill customize the hotkeys to basically exacctly the same but with ctrl alt
so i did so
everything looked fine as winamp registered next track and previous track as number pad 6 and number 4
but when i press close on the settings box i get an error it must recognised them as left and right making forward and rewind with an X

then i try using the global hot key with the any set on the numpad that dont have a cross and nothign works its liek it ant set so im guessing the num pad isnt working with the global hot keys

no2
also i decided to put play and stop to my multimedia keyboard and it registers the differnt buttons such as 10001 as play and 10002 as stop on my keyboard but when i press set it goes to 10000 making it think theres only one button
im sorry if i havnt explained it the best

if theres a way around it. like to edit it in registry ill do so but ill need sum assistance in where to find it

thanx for the help guys

Charlie

in the image below
before and after means before and after i press "set" or "add"

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Large image was messing up page width. Added link to screenshot instead.

Screenshot
Old 17th February 2004, 10:17   #151
ala_frosty

BUG PLAYING WMA files [Win2k]

When attempting to play a WMA file, WinAmp does not seem to respect the selected output device of either the ever-so-crappy DirectSound output config or the much-nicer WaveOut output config. Instead, as far as I can tell, always plays to the output device selected in Windows "sounds and multimedia" applet.

Other file types and streams I've tested seem to play fine on whichever device is selected in the WinAmp device configuration. Except that, as I'm sure you know, it sounds like a dog is pi$$ing in your ear when you use DirectSound.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

No. This is not a bug.
It's by design, or to be more precise, by licence from Microsoft.

Tech Support -> Troubleshooters

WMA related issues
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....did=155680#wma
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....88#post1232888
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=163425

Re: DirectSound Output...
This depends on your Windows OS, plus sound card/chip & drivers and DirectX version (neither of which you supplied any details of) and also your
DS_Output config.

DirectSound Output is recommended for Win2k/XP/2003.
Sounds perfect on my system... :/

[/Edit]

[Edit_2]

Oh, I see you've crossposted here as well :-/

[/Edit_2]
Old 17th February 2004, 14:57   #152
Artist 3D

When draggin a list of files from the explorer to winamp (i use windows XP) it doesn't keep the right order of the files. well, instead of having the files from the 1st track to the last one, it does from x till the end and from 1 till x. example:

7,8,9,1,2,3,4,5,6 instead of 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
Old 17th February 2004, 19:53   #153
aditsu

random skin/minimize bug

Winamp 5.02 (no other plugins)
System specs (mobo, cpu, ram): Asus P4P800 Deluxe, P4 2.8C, 2*512MB DDR400 CL2.5 (GEIL)
OS, Including Service Packs: XP Home SP1
Video Card, Video Card Drivers: MSI GeForce FX 5200, NVIDIA 4.4.0.3
Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers: SoundMAX Integrated, 5.12.1.3630
DirectX version: 9.0b

I installed several skins, and I set "random skin on play"; I minimized winamp, and then at the next song it changed the skin and restored the window; the minimize button doesn't work anymore

I think that if I minimize it, it should stay minimized, and only restore when I click it (btw, I set it to appear in systray only)

Adrian

Last edited by aditsu; 17th February 2004 at 20:22.

Old 18th February 2004, 21:10   #154
barnie_bg

Both the mp3 and mp4 input plugins do not translate unicode tags correctly. Lower ASCII is OK, but cyrillic is translated to shit (not even question marks!) although the locale is set properly: if the plugin reads the ID3v1 tag instead of the unicode ID3v2 everything read and displayed correctly.

I know this bug is unicode-related, but it does not relate to unicode support within Winamp, just reading it at two particular spots in the code.

The problem is easily fixable and would make a great difference for anybody who wants to use cyrillic or any other script with Winamp AND portables like iPod (which do not support locales but can display unicode tags).

Winamp 2.91, 5.01, 5.02 clean installs
WinXP Pro up-to-date
other specs don't matter
Old 18th February 2004, 22:32   #155
agarberi

Config:
Winamp 5.02 lite (clean install, no agent)
P3-933, 256 MB RAM, QDI Advance 10F (VIA chipset)
Win2000 SP4 (English)
nVidia GeForce 2MX-400 64MB, Detonator 45.23
Creative SoundBlaster Live!5.1, latest drivers
DirectX 8.0a

Problem:
Selecting "View file info..." on a MIDI file in the Playlist, shows non-sense characters or crashes the program.
This happened with WinAmp 2.91 too, with previous versions it was all right (I never tried 2.90).

[Edit --> DJ Egg]

MIDI support isn't included with 5.0x Lite
So you must be using an old version of in_midi.dll
This bug was fixed in 5.0

[/Edit]
Old 20th February 2004, 03:21   #156
LighthouseJ

Send a message via AIM to LighthouseJ
tooltip graphic problem with multiple monitors

I have 5.02 installed with Windows XP using two screens arranged top-bottom on an NVIDIA GeForce FX Go5200.

You can see in the picture the first monitor ends at the bottom of the picture, Winamp is docked to the top of this primary screen. When I hover over any button, the tooltip shows up like above, the correct width but the height fills up the entire height of the secondary screen.
Old 20th February 2004, 13:41   #157
LighthouseJ

Send a message via AIM to LighthouseJ
continued

hmm, it didn't upload the picture to demonstrate the bug, here it is again...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wa5-ws-bug.jpg (90.1 KB, 658 views)
Old 23rd February 2004, 20:45   #158
NeoAlus

Send a message via AIM to NeoAlus
Winamp5 Modern Skin "Winamp PE" error

Winamp 5.02
In 'Modern Skin' mode, the "Winamp PE" classname is only findable when the Winamp Playlist is hidden.
Whereas with Winamp2.x or the 'Classic Skin' mode, I can Find (using FindWindow()) the "Winamp PE" window and SendMessages to it.
So calling:
SendMessage(hwndWinamp,WM_COMMAND,WINAMP_OPTIONS_PLEDIT,0);
then doing my playlist edits, then toggling it on again, works fine but it makes the playlist flicker everytime I do it obviously. More importantly, SendMessages to a hidden PE window work but cause an Access Violation when Winamp is closed(version 5.0.0.2 Offest: 10001753).
Old 24th February 2004, 12:32   #159
Brettermeier

If filename contains two "-" then the part between will not be displayed

(All configurations)

If a filename contains two "-" then the part between will not be displayed in the playlist.

e.g. a file named:
" #JINGLE# - Partyalarm - medium"
will be displayed as:
" #JINGLE# - medium"
Old 25th February 2004, 22:48   #160
wawb

(OOps repost from new thread to this one)Video window changes size when moving accros

To recreate the bug:
0. Get a machine with 2 video card/monitors.
1. Choose the Winamp Modern skin.
2. Set Scale = 75%
3. Play a video (windowed, not full screen)
4. Drag the video window to the other monitor.
5. Repeat step 4 for extra fun.

Observed behavior:
The video window will resize as it moves from video
card to video card. The resize is relative to the
scale not equal to 100%. If scale is 150%, the window
grows 50% each time it moves to the other card. Scale of 50% shrinks window 50% each time it moves. Seems that the window won't shrink below a certain size, but will continue
to grow forever.

Winamp 5.02 Clean Install
Win2k, SP4
Intel(R) Pentium 4 CPU 1.60GHz
AT/AT Compatible
785,908 KB RAM
Soundcard: Avance AC97 Audio

Video 1:
NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200

Video 2:
NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 Model 64/Model 64 Pro

I don't know DX I'm using