Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 3rd July 2006, 07:40   #41
OdessaCubbage

Little reminder...

May I point out this posting again
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....57#post1957457

There have even been one or two follow-ups. Please take a look at this issue since it keeps preventing me from using the latest version of Winamp...

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Sorry, but we're still not able to reproduce this.
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:05   #42
RolfeT@earthlin

Problem with "Load Subdirectory"

When I attempt to use the "Load Subdirectory" (shift-L), the playlist generated only plays SINGLE selections.

That, however, is precisely the functionality that I really LIKE about Winamp, so I have retreated to 5.23 to regain it.

I will NOT be following this thread. This appears the only way to contact Winamp with a bug report --- MAJOR unfriendly aspect to the site!

[Edit --> DJ Egg
Not sure what you mean, but I know for sure that we can't reproduce it.
"Winamp > Prefs > Playlist > manual playlist advance" maybe?
RolfeT@earthlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 17:44   #43
kzuse

Send a message via ICQ to kzuse Send a message via Skype™ to kzuse
@OdessaCubbage, DJ Egg.

I can also reproduce this behavior, it is there since 5.22 and it is very annoying.

And enqueueing a list of "tunein-station.pls?..." type bookmarks can freeze winamp for over a minute, before a track plays.

Please fix it.

Regards,
kzuse
kzuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 18:15   #44
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ OdessaCubbage / kzuse
We can't fix something which can't be reproduced.
Confirm if it happens after a clean install of Winamp 5.24 with no 3rd-party plugins.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 20:19   #45
elcmusic

Send a message via ICQ to elcmusic
Buffering error

When trying to connect to some web sites which has an m3u playlist file, Winamp will freeze in Buffering and will not play. I tried to open the SAME URL with Media player and it plays INSTANTLY!.
try http://www.elcmusic.bluedomino.com/adidush/julio-bd.m3u
or http://www.elc-music.com/adidush/julio.m3u
the fist file points to:
http://www.elcmusic.bluedomino.com/adidush/julio.mp3
and the second one to:
http://www.elc-music.com/adidush/julio.mp3
Even if I manually try to open a URL pointing to the mp3 file, it will not buffer or play.

Lazer
PIE Multimedia
www.elc-music.com

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Hmm, can't reproduce any problems here. Both streams play fine for me. Please read the first post in this post again for instructions on info required etc.
elcmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2006, 20:24   #46
kzuse

Quote:
Confirm if it happens after a clean install of Winamp 5.24 with no 3rd-party plugins.
Confirmed.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Hmm... strange. Let us know if it still happens with 5.25 (which is what we're testing with... well, the latest internal beta anyway).
Old 3rd July 2006, 21:04   #47
elcmusic

My only plugins are VU meters, and NoReal. (to play real media). no other plugs. I will try to re install and let you know.
Old 4th July 2006, 10:33   #48
rhywek

I have read the FAQ: Troubleshooters; Common Issues; Clean Install Instructions; READ THIS FIRST thread.

I didn't put it in official plugin bugs, as this is not relevant to official plugins. This is a bug in core Winamp, something with threads or synchronization between them.

I know I shouldn't report hanging bugs for motherboard soundcards, but the problem is there even if I play the song through "out_disk.dll" plugin, therefore I assume that it is not soundcard-dependent (and I tried on different machines, including IBM PCs).

Here it goes. I had this problem in many scenarios, so I will here present the scenario using only Nullsoft sourcecode.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Take the "dsp_test" plugin source code from "wa504_sdk". Compile it, put it in plugin directory,

and it works OK in Winamp. (Actually I had to convert the project files when opening it, as I use Microsoft Visual C++ .NET)

2. Modify the function "modify_samples1" in "dspecho.c" by adding the following line at the beginning (I took this exact line from file "wa_api.txt" in the SDK):

SendMessage(this_mod->hwndParent,WM_WA_IPC,0,IPC_GETVERSION);

Of course you need to include "wa_ipc.h" from the SDK.

3. Compile the plugin, put it into plugins folder. The plugin is compiled by default as
"DSPECHO.dll", I had to change that to "DSP_ECHO.dll" in order for Winamp to find it.

4. Put several songs into your playlist, so you can change them (I tested that with MP3 files).

5. Select the plugin.

6. Play. Now, Winamp will freeze (hang completely) from time to time when you change the song (or re-play the current one) or exit.

The freeze is a complete freeze. Winamp is not repainting itself even. After short time Widows shows its own title bars on the Winamp windows. If I click the X there or chose "End task" in task manager, I see the "program not responding" and in the report details I get:

szAppName : winamp.exe szAppVer : 5.2.4.703 szModName : hungapp
szModVer : 0.0.0.0 offset : 00000000

From my experience the best way to observe the hangup is when using the disk writer plugin ("out_disk.dll"). In this case it will probably freeze every time you change the song (so probably the first time, as you will of course not be able to change it again afterwards). And for convenience enable the single file mode, so you can change songs quicker, if that's necessary. With DirectSound ("out_ds.dll") and waveOut ("out_wave.dll") you can also get Winamp to freeze, but usually you need to change the song several times. To make the problem occur more frequently, you can instead of sending one message send many at once (by modifying the sourcecode). In that case Winamp will freeze more often when changing the song.

I tried that on three completely different computers and on both I could easily reproduce that problem.

If I do not send any message to Winamp, I can never get it to freeze. So it seems to be the message sending from "modify_samples1" function that hangs Winamp.

I also tried turning off the hardware acceleration for audio both through dxdiag and in DirectSound output plugin configuration, but whether it's on of off, the problem is there.

I do have the latest version of Winamp:

v5.24 (x86) - Jun 21 2006. I did a fresh reinstall. The problem occurs with Winamp Lite and Winamp Bundle.

Here is my system information:

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name ISOUND1
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model OptiPlex GX620
System Type X86-based PC
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 3 GenuineIntel ~3192 Mhz
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A03, 8/5/2005
SMBIOS Version 2.3
Windows Directory C:\WINDOWS
System Directory C:\WINDOWS\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume2
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)"
User Name ISOUND1\bart
Time Zone Romance Standard Time
Total Physical Memory 1,024.00 MB
Available Physical Memory 640.02 MB
Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB
Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB
Page File Space 2.38 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Here is my soundcard information (I don't think it's important, as the problem occurs with disk writing output plugin, where the soundcard is not used):

Name SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Manufacturer Analog Devices, Inc.
Status OK
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27DE&SUBSYS_01AD1028&REV_01\3&172E68DD&0&F2
I/O Port 0x0000EC00-0x0000ECFF
I/O Port 0x0000E8C0-0x0000E8FF
Memory Address 0xFEABFA00-0xFEABFBFF
Memory Address 0xFEABF900-0xFEABF9FF
IRQ Channel IRQ 23
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\smwdm.sys (5.12.01.5246, 254.25 KB (260,352 bytes), 9/5/2005 8:34 PM)

Here is my display information:

Name Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2772&SUBSYS_01AD1028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&10
Adapter Type Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Adapter RAM 224.00 MB (234,881,024 bytes)
Installed Drivers ialmrnt5.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.4299
INF File oem6.inf (i945G0 section)
Color Planes 1
Color Table Entries 4294967296
Resolution 1280 x 1024 x 60 hertz
Bits/Pixel 32
Memory Address 0xFEB00000-0xFEB7FFFF
I/O Port 0x0000E898-0x0000E89F
Memory Address 0xE0000000-0xEFFFFFFF
Memory Address 0xFEAC0000-0xFEAFFFFF
IRQ Channel IRQ 16
I/O Port 0x000003B0-0x000003BB
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF
Memory Address 0xA0000-0xBFFFF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\ialmnt5.sys (6.14.10.4299, 811.21 KB (830,684 bytes), 9/5/2005 8:34 PM)

Name Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2776&SUBSYS_01AD1028&REV_02\3&172E68DD&0&11
Adapter Type Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family
Adapter RAM 224.00 MB (234,881,024 bytes)
Installed Drivers ialmrnt5.dll
Driver Version 6.14.10.4299
INF File oem6.inf (i945G1 section)
Color Planes Not Available
Color Table Entries Not Available
Resolution Not Available
Bits/Pixel Not Available
Memory Address 0xFEB80000-0xFEBFFFFF
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\ialmnt5.sys (6.14.10.4299, 811.21 KB (830,684 bytes), 9/5/2005 8:34 PM)

Here is my DirectX info:

DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

OK, that's all I hope.

Please let me know if you can reproduce the problem or if you would like more info.
rhywek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2006, 12:44   #49
elcmusic

A bad plugin causes winamp not to connect to the web.

Hello again.
As for my post.
I removed winamp and re installed it in a NEW directory and it plays after less than 1 second!!
That can be said instantly! (even FASTER than Media player)
Now I have to find out which Plugin caused it and report.

OK I got it!!
Its the in_mp3PRO.dll which causes winamp 5.24 to stop connecting to the web. if you will give an Email addr. I will mail you the file for further tests.

Last edited by elcmusic; 4th July 2006 at 13:01.
Old 4th July 2006, 13:40   #50
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

nah, its ok, we all know how much mp3pro sucks.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th July 2006, 18:52   #51
ujay
Forum King

Quote:
Originally posted by kzuse
I can also reproduce this behavior, it is there since 5.22 and it is very annoying.

And enqueueing a list of "tunein-station.pls?..." type bookmarks can freeze winamp for over a minute, before a track plays.
I'm having some trouble following this bug, it's getting a bit spread out.

From what I can see so far this is in line with what you would expect using a web based system.

The shoutcast servers(what you are using to provide the stream address) have not been feeling too well for the last couple of months and there were innumerable problems like this.
These have more or less disappeared now and what remains will mostly effect users who make heavy demands on the service.

There seem to be several possible outcomes :

1)Server returns the playlist for the station requested, stops current playback and starts the new stream.

2)Server returns a zero entry playlist, stops current playback but does not start. This is most likely if the bookmark is out of date and the station ID has changed.

3)Server knocks back the connection for 30secs. current playback continues until a connection is made(or not). This looks like some sort of flood control, but whether this is Shoutcast or some other reason I don't know.

4)Server can't take any more and you get kicked. You should get a message if this happens. It may say something about being banned, but you probably haven't been.

The service was designed to handle single requests over a reasonable timespan.
With bookmarks and playlists you can easilly end up making multiple requests over a very short timespan and the server may not be able to cope too well.

Please note that the above refers only to bookmarks taken in the Media Library, Bookmarks taken in the Playlist window do not require Shoutcast access first.

UJ
ujay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2006, 17:19   #52
kzuse

Note that I normally don't use Playlists or Bookmarks using these crappy tunein-station.pls? etc. etc. URLs.

Actually most of my bookmarks link directly to the PLS or to the MP3 stream files of the persons who own the stations, some of them I even personaly know.

But even in that case, with a URL like http://10.20.30.40:8000 Winamp freezes when only ENQUEUING a number of those in your playlist!!!

It takes 20 to 30 seconds before you can even minimize winamp, if not even Windows beats it up before.

It happens on 2 independent PCs not using the same internet connection so I think this has to be FIXED! I am looking forward to 5.25...

Best Regards,
kzuse
Old 5th July 2006, 18:31   #53
ujay
Forum King

Do you think it might have something to do with this :

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....86#post1978686

This was specifically about accessing non existent URLs and is something you see if you start a stream from a bookmark rather than the Playlist editor.

Typically, Winamp freezes for 20-30secs, unfreezes and then goes through it's time out.
Starting from the PE window just goes through the time out routine.

UJ
Old 6th July 2006, 21:52   #54
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@ ujay / kzuse

The issue is caused by the new built-in native .asx handling.
What it's doing is checking to see if the links are asx-based streams, and is therefore trying to access the server to do so. The hang occurs when the stream/server is down/dead, and of course the more url's/bookmarks it checks, the longer the hang.

This issue will be fixed/addressed for 5.25 :-)

Basically, in 5.25 it'll only do the check if the stream url specifies mms:// or .asx

[EDIT] You can confirm the fix in 5.25 beta [/EDIT]
Old 6th July 2006, 22:41   #55
ujay
Forum King

Thanks Egg.

UJ
Old 7th July 2006, 10:38   #56
kzuse

DJ Egg: As always, a very detailed yet precise information from you combined with the notice that it is fixed for the next release - just PERFECT!

Thank you very much.
Old 8th July 2006, 00:29   #57
OdessaCubbage

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
@ OdessaCubbage / kzuse
We can't fix something which can't be reproduced.
- Did a fresh install of Winamp 5.24, just the plugins that it'S shipped with
- added "mms://ms.mdcs.dtag.de/encoder.toi.hr3_p_live" to my ML bookmarks
- added some MP3s to the Playlist tab in the ML
- play an MP3 from that list
- go to Bookmarks in the ML and double click the mms entry from above

-> I get a 10sec freeze-delay *every* time that mms-stream is somehow involved.

Winamp seems to freeze - this happens also, when it tries to access online resources like SHOUTCAST RADIO. In times of multi-tasking, independent threads and stuff, why does the whole GUI of Winamp has to freeze when the ML tries to access something that is supposed to happen in the background?

Just to mention this again: I can live *without* having access to over 1000 station through Winamp. I would rather have to old, plain, slim, fast SHOUTCAST access back. It was great!

Do not get my wrong on this: you do great job here! However, from time to time I feel the development obviously going in the wrong direction and the devs ignoring the users' opinion. Although many people seem to like the 1000+ feature, which is fine, speed is always an issue. Is there *anyone* around here who can actually live with a 10-15sec freeze-delay when accessing SHOUTCAST?

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Nope. Can't reproduce any of this. That mms:// stream plays instantly for me.
Old 9th July 2006, 09:25   #58
SurDin

Send a message via ICQ to SurDin Send a message via Yahoo to SurDin
Hi!
I use Winamp 5.24 in docked mode with Auto-Hide. There is a feature, which is wonderful, that you when winamp window is focused, you can control the volume by scrolling the mouse-wheel. The thing is that sometimes, when the window hides, after using this, and I try to scoll another window, it still continues to control the volume.
Thank you. Ilya.
SurDin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2006, 17:29   #59
e_roder

Minor enque bug

To repeat:
1. Add any number of files to playlist
2. Enque a file
3. Change that file's position in the playlist

The file that is now in the que is the one in the position where the first file was initially queued.
e_roder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 00:02   #60
winelf

play->file->all supported types does NOT see WAV files

play->file->all supported types does NOT see WAV files
One must select all files *.*
Then it sees WAV files and will play them.
It is a supported file type -
Not only will winamp 5.24 play them but they are also selected in preferences.
I selected ALL file types to be sure it understood.
---------
Windows XP service pack two
all known microsift updates as of last week

Update install - previous version 5.23 saw WAV files

NO additional plugins other than what comes with on the "normal" install. NOTE: a normal install is one where the user just clicks next until all is installed. The user does not read anything. (if you don't believe me try putting a fun page in your install that sends a message home each time the user clicks next without reading the page and checking the other radial button. Have the text read, "This install will automatically send a love letter to the programmer who wrote this and include your personal information unless you check the NO radial button at the bottom of this page"

-System specs (mobo, cpu, ram)
mother board is an Asus (I forget which one - it's been two years since I built it)
CPU amd xp3200
Ram 2 gig

-Video Card, Video Card Drivers version
Radeon 9600

-Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers version
(on mother board) nvidia nforce codac interface

-DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag)
9.0c

note:
Finding a place to report a bug by going to the main web site is "beyond belief". After spending six minutes looking, I selected forums on the off chance ... I could find no menu option or html link for "report bug"
Registering in this forum is also not for those without tons of time and a good temperament. If one picks a name already in use one has to start all over - (Viking war shriek)
winelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2006, 01:03   #61
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

@winelf

FAQ

Problems with 'All Supported Filetypes' in Open File Dialog
(eg. it either shows all extensions, or some supported types are missing)
http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=238906
Old 10th July 2006, 02:12   #62
winelf

thank you >*bow*<

I'll go post it there

However this bug is not the fact that WAV files are not shown as a file type in the drop down menu but are not seen in the directory when "all supported file types" is selected.

Create a directory
place four wav files in it
select play file
leave selection on "all supported file types"
browse to your directory with the 4 wav files
note the directory shows as empty
select a file type of *.*
browse back to your directory with the 4 wav files
note you see them
Old 11th July 2006, 06:45   #63
SurDin

Send a message via ICQ to SurDin Send a message via Yahoo to SurDin
Quote:
Originally posted by deneban
Maybe you need to activate a non-WinAmp window by left-clicking on that new window before scrolling the new window. Left-clicking away from WinAmp should remove WinAmp from your scroll input.
Well, of course it _solves_ that, the thing is, that I think winamp has to stop scrolling stuff after it's hidden. Would only be logical..
SurDin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2006, 11:10   #64
ulillillia

View file info resets file in media library

-Winamp 5.24 (5.2.4.703) - clean install without any plug-ins, except those that come with Winamp full by default (of which two have been modified for seemless looping and converting to 16-bit to get the equalizer to work).

A clean install of both Winamp and Windows (due to installing a new motherboard for PCI-express).

-System specs (mobo, cpu, ram)

Old motherboard was (the model) GA-8S661FXM-775 from Gigabyte, new one is 915PL-A2 from Elitegroup. It happens on both. The processor is Pentium 4 Prescott with 3 GHz clock and 800 MHz FSB. Cache sizes unknown. I have 1.5 GB memory.

-Windows OS, including Service Packs

Windows XP Pro Service Pack 2 retail version. Freshly installed (less than two weeks ago) due to installing the new motherboard.

-Video Card, Video Card Drivers version

Old video card was Radeon 9600 XT, new video card is Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT. The bug is present with both. Driver versions unknown (Radeon 9600 XT's driver was from 08/12/2004 (whether that's August or December, I don't know (I hate date formats like this - it's confusing)).

-Sound Card, Sound Card Drivers version

X-Fi platinum, drivers version unknown.

-DirectX version (start > run > dxdiag)

DirectX 9.0c. It's required for my game development stuff.

-Detailed step-by-step method of reproduction (eg. numbered list)

1. Import a WAV file into the media library.
2. Right-click on it and view the file info. It tells the format of the file.
3. Right-click on it again and choose "edit selected items" and make some random edit (like call the song or album "ahgpgh").
4. Repeat step 2.

Upon clicking the OK button after step 4, the content shown in the media library resets unexpectedly and I have to manually reenter it (and use past screenshots to figure out what it was before). This behavior was present with the old and new motherboard and video card. I upgraded my motherboard to get PCI express so I can upgrade my video card for my game design stuff. My computer is custom-built (as you could probably tell).

Edit: I forgot to mention I don't have any third-party plug-ins/extentions, just Winamp on it's own. I'm using WAV files (of otherwise random qualities from 130KHz 24bit mono on the high end to 20KHz 8bit mono on the low end).

void BlueWater() {water.color=blue; while(GameRunning) {if (fox.pos == InBlueWater) {fox.air--; FoxDrown(fox.air);} else {fox.air=1800; fox.flags = WantsToGetWet; } WaitFrames(1); }} // My top favorite thing in 2D Sonic (as C)
ulillillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 17:51   #65
BugMaster

Workaround for the Windows bug

I know that bug described here is the Windows bug but maybe you can make some workaround for it in Winamp (For example: If the filter string "All supported types" is more then 260 chars than Winamp deletes such filter and use by default "Any file (*.*)". I think this more correct than using partial filter. As for me I will prefer to see unneeded files than not to see the file which I need.) because I think this bug (limitation) will never be fixed in Windows
BugMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th July 2006, 18:24   #66
kzuse

I fully agree.
Old 12th July 2006, 20:46   #67
barray_mian

HotKey registration failed!

everything was working fine but as soon as I updated my winamp to winamp5.24 (don't know the last version), i couldn't move from song to song in the playlist using the hotkeys. I am trying to use the default keys and when i try to set them (restore default), i get the error message that complains that "Hotkey Registration failed! Couldn't register the following hotkeys:
Playback:Play
Playback:Pause
Playback:Stop
Playback:Previous in play list"
and so on ....

OS = WINXP (SP2)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
This means that those keys are already registered by some other concurrently running process, therefore Winamp can't also register them.
barray_mian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2006, 10:48   #68
CraigF
Passionately Apathetic
Administrator

Re: Workaround for the Windows bug

Quote:
Originally posted by BugMaster
I know that bug described here is the Windows bug but maybe you can make some workaround for it in Winamp (For example: If the filter string "All supported types" is more then 260 chars than Winamp deletes such filter and use by default "Any file (*.*)". I think this more correct than using partial filter. As for me I will prefer to see unneeded files than not to see the file which I need.) because I think this bug (limitation) will never be fixed in Windows
Ah, very good idea.

CraigF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2006, 09:50   #69
Red Mullet
Banned

My pc config:
MOBO:Asus A7s
PROS:Intel celeron pros
mem: 256mb
hd:60.4
sound card:genius sound maker sm32 pci audio accelerator

Open media library in winamp 5.24 full give this error: media library has unknown error. immediately close winamp. I unistall & install winamp more & more but my problem is sticky.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
We can't reproduce this. Post in Tech Support instead and include all the required logs/info (hjt, my_plugins_list, dxdiag - in one attached zip file).
Red Mullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 00:36   #70
DizzeDahmer

i installed the new winamp 5.24 the other day. it runs fine for awhile, but once i close it out and leave it closed for a few hours it crashes everytime i try to open it again. it gives me the old "send error report" box.

so i tried redownloading it and installing it like 5 times, including a full clean install, and i still run into this problem. please figure this one out, cuz i hate all the other media players.
DizzeDahmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th July 2006, 07:46   #71
winelf

To help someone figure this out could you please post
The OS your running
(such as: XP home/XP Pro/ME/win98/advanced server 2003/etc)
please also post what service pack is on the OS and when was the last time you installed update patches to the OS
what brand of computer?
what processor?
how much memory?
how much free disk space?
how much virtual memory?
what skin did you put on winamp?
was it a custom skin from some other version?
what virus checker are you running?
what firewalls are set up on your system?
what programs start up when your system starts up?
what are the details of the error message?

see the first post in thread for details of required info
Old 20th July 2006, 10:26   #72
stadtkind

File skip on ID3v2 write

1. Add two (or more) files in the playlist.
2. Start playing A.
3. Remove A from the playlist (but let it keep playing).
4. Open the ID3 tag editor (ALT+3).
5. Change something in the ID3v2 tag. Click 'Update'.

When Winamp has finished writing the ID3v2 tag for A it starts playing B, and at the exact same place as A were when you pressed 'Update'.
stadtkind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th July 2006, 17:13   #73
freelancerage

Send a message via Yahoo to freelancerage
m4a's and .exe

1) cannot play m4a unsupported font [ex. Japanese]

cannot play m4a files with Japanese filenames when the font is not installed in Windows.
[names appear in standing rectangle when font is not installed in Windows]

2) acceptance of files not supported on drag and drop in playlist editor

it accepts .exe files on drag and drop event in playlist editor

-RaGe-
freelance arcade player
Technical Support Trainee
Advanced Contact Solutions, Inc.
<freelancerage@gmail.com>
Phone: 233-16-76
Mobile : 09225927549
http://www.friendster.com/freelancerge
freelancerage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2006, 11:47   #74
RobinHood1

Compulsive opening

Just wanna let you know that with the 5.24 update, I still get repeated 'Open' dialogues, as with the previous buggy version, if I press the Pause key. The Stop key works OK.

I'm running MS XP (sp2) Home Edition. I'm a busy guy and don't have the time to search for all my card driver details, &c.

If you fix this bug, pls let me know.
If you don't (because I haven't provided all the details), I can continue to use the product. I'll do without a Pause function for the time being.

Alright? At least I've let you know.

B.t.w. it wd be convenient if when we log into the WinAmp site, this automatically made us eligible for posting in the Winamp forum.

If that's not possible, then a note at the Forum Home about needing to *specifically register for the Forum* wd be helpful for technically challenged people like me!('spose it's obvious to techno-hotshots like yourselves.)

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
No, we can't reproduce this whatsoever.
RobinHood1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 03:47   #75
BugMaster

Small bug in installer

I post earlier but nobody answer. Today I download Winamp 5.25 Beta Full and see that bug again. Does anybody can reproduce it?

My PC:
AMD Athlon XP 1600+
Windows XP Pro [Rus] + SP2

[Edit]
Also why in new installer Winamp 5.25 Beta Full the Winamp Media Library can not be unchecked?
BugMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th July 2006, 12:26   #76
ulillillia

Have you confirmed My bug yet, if it is a bug or a built-in feature? When I choose "view file info" after editting the content in the media library, the contents get reset.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
No, we couldn't reproduce the problem.

void BlueWater() {water.color=blue; while(GameRunning) {if (fox.pos == InBlueWater) {fox.air--; FoxDrown(fox.air);} else {fox.air=1800; fox.flags = WantsToGetWet; } WaitFrames(1); }} // My top favorite thing in 2D Sonic (as C)
ulillillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2006, 21:38   #77
bdg2

Shoutcast TV listing bug

Shoutcast TV listing bug here:

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=247120

Please fix.
I need my daily Shoutcast TV fix.
bdg2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2006, 17:03   #78
freelancerage

Send a message via Yahoo to freelancerage
playing WMA files can be renamed?

this is weird..i tried to rename the WMA file through explorer while it is playing...it came to my surprise...it doesn't even had an error message

-RaGe-
freelance arcade player
Technical Support Trainee
Advanced Contact Solutions, Inc.
<freelancerage@gmail.com>
Phone: 233-16-76
Mobile : 09225927549
http://www.friendster.com/freelancerge
freelancerage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2006, 19:28   #79
Adanufgail

If Winamp 5.24, if you pause a video file or song, move the position slider, and unpause, Winamp crashes. Seems kinda hard to overlook. It doesn't always happen with songs, but ALWAYS with videos for me.
Adanufgail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2006, 20:33   #80
jdwis

Not sure if this is covered in past posts or not but still putting all details here.
I had Winamp 5.11 working fine untill recently I installed 5.24.
I uninstalled 5.11 and clean installed 5.24, I am using winamp just to play with MP3 & MID files, so i generally drop the directory on playlist, songs play ok in a forward manner, meaning playing next song in the list.
But when I try to click on PREVIOUS BUTTON to listen to previous no. it doesnt go onto any previous song, it still remains on the last song played, no matter how many times & how fast u click on previous button......I assume clicking on previous button twice should take the previous no. unless if that feature or default behaviour is removed from this version...

Also all the previous Winamp version had nice control on volume via volume bar on winamp, but 5.24 seems to have lost control on volume and doesnt show much effect in its even movement of the volume sliding bar... the increase or decrease in volume remains to be only in the first shorter movement from the begining of the bar...

so now switiching to previous versions for a while untill its sorted....
hope the default developers team would look at this problem and try to sort it out.

this is as on yesterday 15-08-06 downloads, so I assume this bug is not covered or looked into...

Also I downloaded the Free Basic Full version on 15-08-06.

Hope it helps.
jdwis is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports