Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports

Old 30th December 2006, 10:17   #41
6udik

Small bug in ID3 tag editor

Not even nearly fatal bug, but found being annoying at one point.

Function 'Copy to ID3v1' is imperfect.

ID3v1 tags length is smaller than in v2.

ID3 tags length is checked while typing, but not when you use 'Copy to ID3v1'.

Yes, tags are truncated at save, but truncated stuff shows only after next time you open the ID3 tags editor (read from file).
6udik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 20:32   #42
Twim

Can't add directories with "..." with Media Library Watch Folder

-Winamp 5.32 (5.3.2.1003) - clean install
-Dell E1505 2.0 GHz Intel Core Duo, 1 GB RAM (irrelevant)
-Windows XP Pro SP2
-ATI Mobility Radeon X1300 (irrelevant)
-SigmaTel crap integrated (irrelevant)
-DirectX 9.0c (irrelevant)

Any media in folders beginning with "..." (ex: "...And Then There was X" and "...Baby One More Time") fail to be added to the Media Library after using Options > Preferences... > Media Library > Local Media > Watch Folders > Rescan Now. That's it. It's been like this forever; only now I finally took the effort to report this.
Twim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2006, 21:22   #43
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

What ripper are you using which creates dir's starting with "..."?

Windows won't even let you create a folder starting with "..." because it's classed as invalid. The only way i know of is by using an ftp program to create the dir.

Whatever software you are using should be replacing the leading "..." with underscores or just removing the dots entirely.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd January 2007, 17:20   #44
xxeonn

Analyser

Windows XP SP2 Home/Professional

Winamp 5.3x audio analyzer does not displays the entire audio spectrum. The bar version of the analyzer does not displays frequencies below 310Hz and the higher frequency bars remain idle. I could remember some older vesions of winamp having this problem but the were corrected, but it's back again. I don't think this has to do with my sound card or drivers because the same problem occurs on multiple computer i tested.

Any opinions?
xxeonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2007, 00:50   #46
Perseid

-Winamp 5.32
-Athlon XP 3700+
-2GB RAM
-Windows XP SP2
-eVga 7900GT
-Soundblaster Audigy
-DirectX 9.0c

If you pause a streaming radio station and forget about it it won't stop loading. It got to 1.2GB of memory usage before I noticed what was going on.

I suppose this may or may not be considered a bug since, technically, that's what I told it to do, but perhaps there should be a buffer limit.
Perseid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2007, 00:29   #47
Fluffylon

IPC_GETPLAYLISTFILE and IPC_GETPLAYLISTTITLE appear to be buggy in winamp v5.32 (may have been in all v5.x). Winamp v2.81 works fine.

Every now and then they return pointers to other playlist entries than the ones requested.

The problem occurs if (from a general plugin) I try to read the filenames (or titles) of all playlist entries with

code:

int t = (int) SendMessage( wa_wnd, WM_WA_IPC, 0, IPC_GETLISTLENGTH );
for( int count = 0; count < t; ++count ) {
char * file = (char*) SendMessage( wa_wnd, WM_WA_IPC, count, IPC_GETPLAYLISTFILE );
if( file ) send( string( file ) + "\n" );
}

after I've loaded a playlist with

code:

SendMessage( wa_wnd, WM_WA_IPC, 0, IPC_DELETE );
int pathlen = (int) plfilename.size();
COPYDATASTRUCT cds;
cds.dwData = IPC_PLAYFILE;
cds.lpData = (void *)plfilename.c_str();
cds.cbData = pathlen+1;
SendMessage( wa_wnd, WM_COPYDATA, (WPARAM) NULL, (LPARAM) &cds );

The playlist gets loaded correctly (playlist window contains the correct files), so the problem appears to be in the IPC functions I mentioned. On the other hand, I can't seem to reproduce the problem if I just list the files without first loading a playlist (i.e. loading the playlist, restarting winamp, and then listing the files doesn't cause the bug to appear).

There are about 8000 files in the playlist. On the order of 500-1000 entries return incorrect results. They all seem to be concentrated roughly between the 800th and 2000th entry.

-Winamp 5.32 (5.3.2.1003)
-Windows XP SP2
Fluffylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2007, 17:27   #48
Twim

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
What ripper are you using which creates dir's starting with "..."?

Windows won't even let you create a folder starting with "..." because it's classed as invalid. The only way i know of is by using an ftp program to create the dir.

Whatever software you are using should be replacing the leading "..." with underscores or just removing the dots entirely.
The directories were made by using ml_ipod's Copy to Hard Drive function. I will post this bug in their forum.
Twim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2007, 17:53   #49
DrO

so not even a valid clean install as instructed in the first post of this thread...
i'm sure abu (current dev of 3rd-party ml_ipod) will be able to help you reasonably quickly

-daz
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th January 2007, 16:47   #50
ngr2000

Major Problem with New Version 5.32 Lite No other version causes this same problem.

Specs:
Winamp 5.32 Lite (Tiger Brushed Skin NO PLUGINS)
Xp Pro sp2 (Fresh Clean Install)
Asus p5w dh (975x Intel)
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (Not Overclocked all Stock Speeds)
1Gb Kingston HyperX pc8000 ddr2
2 x 250 GB WD SATA II HDS in Raid 0 on ICH7 Matrix Onboard (Write Back Cache Enabled)
2 x 120GB ATA 133 storage drives (1 Music, one junk)
ATI x700Pro 265mb (Cat 6.12)
Creative Extreme Music X-FI (latest Drivers)
Directx 9.0c
Divx 6.4
PowerDVD7
Nero 7

My Problem:

My one ATA133 120gb drive has a folder on it with all my music. Some are sorted by albums others by catagory etc.
After I click (list-new) it clears my list and im ready to go. But then I click (File-Dir) and navigate to my Music folder and I then highlight my main music folder to import all 13,000+ Mp3's. After doing so Winamp simply crashes with an illegal operation. I Uninstalled and reinstalled version 5.24 Lite and I do NOT have this same problem. Only with 5.32 Lite.

Any Clues? Im guessing Winamp 5.32 has some buggy code.
ngr2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2007, 18:39   #51
basin

doesn't play small files?

Hi. I'm new to this forum, and I really searched for similar messages before posting this one.
winamp's version is 5.32_lite and my OS is XP pro sp2. When I try to play small files from C:\WINDOWS\Media\ folder winamp doesn't seem to play them. But they can be played in wmplayer. I didn't change fading or silence remover settings. for example start.wav and ringout.wav.

[Edit --> DJ Egg]
Reduce 'buffer ahead on track change' value in out_ds config.
Please post in Tech Support if you require further assistance.
basin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 05:31   #52
DBGARZA

I have a couple of issues with Winamp 5.32 my system specs are:

Pentium 4 HT 3.2 Ghz.
1 GB RAM
Connect3D ATI Radeon 9250 256 MB Video card.
320 GB Seagate Disk
80 GB Samsung Disk
Sony 16x DVD-ROM
LITE-ON DVD Burner

Winamp 5.32 clean installation

when stopping Winamp after listening to a song and leave it open for while, say that I had to stop (not pause it) it to answer the phone or something and then I return and try to play a song it simply doesn't plays it, I have to close Winamp and open it again so I can play the song.

the other issue is when I pause a song and leave it paused for a while I get an error message, the one of Memory couldn't be write.

this has been happening to me since version 5.31 as well and is not my system since this also happened on my old Celeron 566 Mhz computer a couple of months ago (yeah I took long to upgrade my computer but that's another story XD)

Is anyone else having this issues?

Last edited by DBGARZA; 15th January 2007 at 06:15.
DBGARZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 08:42   #53
DJ Egg
Techorator
Winamp & SHOUTcast Team

Quote:
Originally posted by DBGARZA
Is anyone else having this issues?
No. Sounds like an audio driver issue, or maybe a conflict with some other concurrently running process. You should post in Tech Support instead, after reading this first.
DJ Egg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 09:39   #54
Fluffylon

Am I to assume from the swift responses to other reports that mine will get no answer whatsoever?
Fluffylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 10:02   #55
kurian2z5

WMA 4.1 Front and Rear Channels get mixedup if u fastforward or rewind.

I have a 4.1 WMA 10 Pro file. When i use the Fast Forward and Rewind using the hotkeys Ctrl+Alt+Right, Left, sometimes the channel mapping gets messed up. The front channels start playing from the back, and the back channels play from the front. And it even adds a mixed center channel which is normally supposed to be silent.

Just pausing and resuming playback will set it right again.

Athlon64 3200+
A8N32-SLi Deluxe
200GB IDE + 2x250GB SATA Raid0
WinXP SP2 32-Bit fully updated.
2GB DDR 400MHz
X-Fi XTremeMusic with latest drivers.
kurian2z5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2007, 20:12   #56
Opticron

Update to my stream lockup issue: Winamp seems to hang after 401 minutes and 57 seconds every time. I did not notice this before.
Opticron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd January 2007, 00:05   #57
errold32

Me too

I am having the same process termination problem. It appears that I fixed it by disabling all of the pmp_*.dll's and the ml_online.dll.

Any chance that this could be fixed in the next release? Couldn't care less about pmp, but love my online services.
errold32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 20:59   #58
gorg

-Winamp 5.32 (5.3.2.1003) - clean install
-MSI Nforce4 Ultra FI, Opteron 165, 2056MB PC3200
-Windows Vista Ultimate
-Radeon x1950pro 512mb, Catalyst 8.31.100-061024a-037962C
-AC'97, have also used SB audigy, same problem
-DirectX 10

I have two problems.

1. When I use Winamp to play music/audio files there is some kind of scatter, the sound gets blurry 1/4 second at a time. really annoying. Tried using two kinds of soundcards, same problem, and with a clean install of Vista, same problem.

2. Also this problem I got when I started to use Vista. When I watch video files there is some disturbance in the image. There is flashing, the picture disapears a fraction of a second at a time.

Have tested these problems against other programs, and WMP,VLC etc. works fine with these. But since there is no other music program like Winamp :P I really want this to work.

Is this perhaps cause of Vista, since its new and maybe Winamp isnt tested on Vista??

Best regards
GorG
gorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 21:04   #59
bemymonkey

@Gorg: I'm having your #2 problem as well - I think it's got something to do with the hardware overlay, because the flashing goes away a little bit when you turn it off... but the stuttering is un-solveable...

Weeeeeeeeeeee
bemymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2007, 22:14   #60
gorg

Quote:
Originally posted by bemymonkey
@Gorg: I'm having your #2 problem as well - I think it's got something to do with the hardware overlay, because the flashing goes away a little bit when you turn it off... but the stuttering is un-solveable...
Doesnt work for me no..
gorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th January 2007, 19:08   #61
Anmapjo21
Banned

*crap removed*
Anmapjo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 15:35   #62
sahands

just passing through, using full version 5.32 on xp, I have the 'alway on top' option enabled, but when winamp is started it is not on top, to solve this, winamp has to be double clicked on (to normal size from compact size that I'm using)
sahands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th January 2007, 21:49   #63
ast

Send a message via ICQ to ast
WinAmp 5.3 (Sep 26 2006, Nov 21 2006), different installation types tried.

System:
-MB: MSI nForce4
-CPU: AMD Athlon64 3000+ (overclocked, 2500 MHz)
-RAM: Samsung 1024 MB
-OS: Windows XP SP2 (and some fixes) (bug appears under Win2k on other machine too)
-GPU: ATI Radeon X600 Pro (Manli) (PCI-Express)
-Integrated Sound Card: audiocontroller - nVidia(0059), AC97 codec - ALC850, driver - Realtek Semiconductor Corp. v.5.10.0.5990
-DirectX 9.0c

Bug:
WinAmp doesn't save some of it's settings (including last played song) during system shutdown, reboot or logout.
It seems to crush, the sound breaks off (I mean, without fading and with some hitches).

Notes:
This problem disappears when only the minimal set of plugins leaved (all other plugins are uninstalled).

On Full set of plugins (eg., full installation) there is no such single plugin that can be uninstalled to remove the problem.

When the work is stable (minimal set of plugins), bug appears again when adding one or combination of plugins:
-in_wm OR
-gen_ml + ml_history OR
-gen_ml + ml_playlists OR
-and others...
ast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th January 2007, 03:43   #64
ColdCold

Spectrum Analyzer display is wildly inaccurate

As a audio DSP engineer and a software developer, I can tell you with certainty that the current spectrum analyzer implementation does not display the audio spectrum in any sensible way.

Please see my posts in this thread for more info: http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....hreadid=247437

I encourage you all to play the test file I suggested and you'll see there are big problems with the display.

I'm happy to elaborate on my observations if anyone is interested.

-the Coldest
ColdCold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd April 2007, 21:16   #65
Donkey11

Quote:
Originally posted by DJ Egg
If you're not using ANY 3rd-party plugins, then try to find out which of the default 1st-party plugins is responsible. Start by temporarily disabling the Portable Media Player plugins (winamp\plugins\pmp_*.dll). eg. by renaming them with the .off extension. Do it one at a time, closing & reopening winamp inbetween until the problem goes away. The last plugin you disabled will be the culprit... and it's then up to the devs to see if they can reproduce and fix the problem.

Note, as it stands, no-one can reproduce the problem.

If it does turn out to be one of the pmp plugins to blame, then it'll probably be due to some other external running process which also handles portables... however, you didn't provide enough info in your report to help us determine the cause/conflict (eg. an attached hijackthis log).
At switching-off of addition pmp_activesync.dll, the problem was solved.

Last edited by Donkey11; 2nd April 2007 at 21:41.
Donkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Bug Reports