Old 29th October 2010, 16:34   #1
CODY21

Bluetooth Issue going on

First off, I really like WinAmp ... I purchased the PC version years ago. this is really a nice addition.

So, on my Android phone (Droid X), I enable Bluetooth for my MOTO headset and launch WinAmp Android. Works great - except for 1 issue. When I EXIT out of WinAmp and launch another App (TuneIn Radio -- since WinAmp doesn't provide AM/FM Radio), the Controls for Pause/Stop/Start are anchored to WinAmp; even though WinAmp was Exited. What this causes is I can't Pause/Stop the other APP ... when I press the Pause Button, whatever song I was previously listening to in WinAmp starts playing -- on TOP of the Radio station I'm listening to.

So I guess what needs to happen is when WinAmp is Exited, it needs to RELEASE any Controls it anchored to BlueTooth ... or whatever is causing that.

Thanks
CODY21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2010, 19:16   #2
menos

Agreed. I'm having this same issue. I'm running a Droid Inc. I notice this problem with Slacker and Pandora. When I close out of Winamp it still listens to the bluetooth events even if another audio app is currently playing.
menos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2010, 16:03   #3
CODY21

Same issue going on with the latest version of WinAmp Android that I installed last week.

Is anyone at WinAmp seeing this problem?????
CODY21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 14:22   #4
forthro

I have the same problem with an HTC Evo. I uninstalled it for this reason for now. I like it as a media player, so I'll reinstall once they fix this bluetooth hijacking problem.
forthro is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp for Android