Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support

Old 21st April 2011, 19:49   #1
rathergrumpy

Please help with winamp freezing/locking up during playback.

running vista 32 home premium with a native instruments ak1 audio interface . i have 5.61 installed with cpro 1.5 and skins and no added plugins or changes. lately I have been noticing winamp freezing on me randomly when i have a playlist running. it will freeze for a few seconds or more while the track is playing. Sometimes it will do the same thing when I try to open up individual mp3s from a folder. Sometimes it hangs there for a while before I am forced to force a close of winamp. I tried to run older versions of winamp with no cpro and a clean install and removal of all settings and history but it keeps doing the same thing and is very random in the way it happens b/c sometimes winamp will be fine for a whole 20 mins before doing it again. I can play mp3s in MediaMonkey or WMP with no issues. Had the same exact setup a couple months ago and it was all working fine. thanks in advance. if there is any other info i can provide that might help just let me know.
rathergrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2011, 18:32   #2
rathergrumpy

Oh really??? lol Anyway, I just stopped with winamp for a few days and I just reinstalled it last night, but this time I did not use anything cpro and the problem hasn't returned yet. I have been keeping the BIG BENTO skin on. I always liked this skin but I like the cpro "search in playlist" thingy. I was using cpro skins for 2 years with no issues so I am not sure if its cpro, cuz I think I tried both 1.4 and 1.5. Could it be just a windows update messing with it or something?
rathergrumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support