Old 6th November 2013, 03:48   #1
westjgames

Bad Password everywhere - Shoucast v2

Alright, so we got the latest Shoutcast V2, hooked up our radio bot to it, everything seemed fine and dandy

Until I saw this:

What in the holy hell is going on?
I should mention all clients and sources connect fine, and music is running.

But crap, this thing is going by at 50 messages a second, we're gonna choke our HDD with that!
westjgames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 04:01   #2
DrO

clearly something (some sort of legacy source software if it is a true) is trying to connect to the DNAS on stream #1 from 192.184.93.78 and you'd need to check if that's a legit connection and just someone has messed up things or they're trying to hack your stream (though not at 50 attempts a second, as the log is indicating a lot less than that).

also v2.2 (see sticky threads) is the current version (that log output indicated a v2.0 build).
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2013, 04:03   #3
westjgames

You're going to find this strange, that IP is the server it's running on!
Old 6th November 2013, 04:09   #4
DrO

i'm not at all surprised by that finding and you're going to need to check any other software (especially source software) running on the server to find the culprit.
Old 6th November 2013, 04:20   #5
westjgames

Found the issue.

For all people who get this same stuff and don't know what to do.

Our simple mistake was that we upgraded from Shoutcast v1 without even thinking to check the scripts that grab metadata for our website.

Such a simple thing, glaringly obvious and worthy of a backhand. Too bad there's noone here to give me one.
Old 6th November 2013, 10:41   #6
DrO

as a suggestion you'd be better having something cache that information from the DNAS instead of it hitting the DNAS all the time from a website (though I'm hoping to add some caching on the stats responses to the next v2.2.x release) as querying them at such a low polling level isn't going to give much variation in what gets returned i.e. how many listeners are going to connect in say a second which are otherwise going to be noted in a second later response update.

though it also depends on what it was trying to hit as v2.0 doesn't have the /7.html response and will incorrectly treat it like a source connection in some cases which again is something v2.2 helps resolve along with more appropriate handling of inconclusive connection attempts.
Old 7th November 2013, 13:21   #7
westjgames

It was actually a really poor script I made, I didn't even realize it was still running. It basically spammed the port cos the response wasn't what it wanted.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Shoutcast > Shoutcast Discussions

Tags
bad password, dnas2, logfile