Old 26th October 2015, 20:57   #1
ptfitzy

Help with Plugins

Hi folks. I'm new to the Forum, but have used the "Winamp Player" and "Plugins" for several years.
I downloaded the 5.666 release. However, when I go to some of the "Plugins", they don't download. I know some are no longer available and some give me a warning that it is an unsafe download. I thought Plugins always downloaded to the "DSP/Effect" folder. However, I see they are going to the "Output" folder. I was only able to download 3 DSP's to the "Input" folder. I am looking to add a little more BASS to my player. Any help or suggestions would be helpful. ptfitzy
ptfitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 14:46   #2
Aminifu
Forum King

Downloaded files go to your computer's default download folder or to a folder that you select when you download them. Yes, you should only download files from sites you trust. Since AOL sold Winamp, there has not been an official site to download plug-ins from.

There are many different kinds of Winamp plug-ins; input, output, DSP, library, general purpose, etc. Some Winamp plug-ins come in an installer file that puts them in the ".../Winamp/Plugins" folder when you run their installer file. Others you have to put in that folder yourself.

What DSP plug-ins have you already tried and what version of Windows are you using?

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 15:30   #3
ptfitzy

Plugin are not woring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
Downloaded files go to your computer's default download folder or to a folder that you select when you download them. Yes, you should only download files from sites you trust. Since AOL sold Winamp, there has not been an official site to download plug-ins from.

There are many different kinds of Winamp plug-ins; input, output, DSP, library, general purpose, etc. Some Winamp plug-ins come in an installer file that puts them in the ".../Winamp/Plugins" folder when you run their installer file. Others you have to put in that folder yourself.

What DSP plug-ins have you already tried and what version of Windows are you using?

I have "Audio Burst" FX Sytem" ,"Nullsoft "Direct Sound Output", "Nullsoft "Waveout Out." output"
They all go to my Inbox of Winamp, I m using Windows 9 with Windows Vista.

Last edited by ptfitzy; 27th October 2015 at 15:34. Reason: Spelling
ptfitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2015, 17:07   #4
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptfitzy View Post
I have "Audio Burst" FX Sytem" ,"Nullsoft "Direct Sound Output", "Nullsoft "Waveout Out." output"
They all go to my Inbox of Winamp, I m using Windows 9 with Windows Vista.
I don't know what you mean by "Inbox of Winamp" and how you can be using "Windows 9 with Windows Vista".

You can only run 1 version the Windows operating system at a time and there is no such thing as Windows 9.

Audio Burst is a DSP plug-in. DirectSound and Waveout are output plug-ins. You can only run 1 DSP plug-in and 1 output plug-in at a time, unless you use plug-in stackers.

Anyway, I assume you know how to select the plug-ins you want to use with Winamp's General Preferences (GP) options. Since you want more bass, I suggest you download and install version .017 of "Enhancer" and version 1.01 of DrO's "Enhancer DSP Compatibility Wrapper" (this allows Enhancer to run on Windows Vista). Links to where you can download them are provided below. After they are installed, use Winamp's GP options to select and configure Enhancer as the DSP plug-in and DirectSound as the output plug-in.

http://uploadgeneration.info/Winamp/...017/81361.html

http://winampplugins.co.uk/enhancer/index.html

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Quinto Black CT v3.1 skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v2004 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Technical Support