Old 11th October 2013, 17:03   #81
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrO View Post
as for the combo selection, someone should just have mentioned it and i'd have added the means for the last selection to be remembered (if relevant for the file and what's installed).
With all you have on your plate at the moment, I feel somewhat guilty adding to it.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Windows 10 Home 64-bit v1809 desktop - Logitech Z906 5.1 speaker system
Aminifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 17:13   #82
DrO

is my fault as i should have re-worked it better to begin with *shrugs*
DrO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 17:20   #83
thinktink
Forum King

Send a message via Skype™ to thinktink
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aminifu View Post
...told myself not to complain...
Please, complain, probably would have done it sooner if you had.
Quote:
Were you aware that recent changes to in_flac.dll broke the ability of your plug-in's...
I was not aware. However, even if I was I probably would not have been able to resolve it myself (with semi-confirmation of DrO's previous comments) since the plugin treats all files (and indirectly, all input plugins) the same, there are no internal special provisions for different input plugins.

Quote:
as for the combo selection, someone should just have mentioned it and i'd have added the means for the last selection to be remembered (if relevant for the file and what's installed).
That would probably still be helpful even with the updated version of the plugin.
thinktink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2013, 17:27   #84
DrO

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
That would probably still be helpful even with the updated version of the plugin.
will try to get that into things along with sorting out the mess that is in_flac (as it's the only one which does things weirdly for the alt+3 dialog which should not be the case anyway).
Old 10th November 2013, 06:50   #85
thinktink
Forum King

Wh00t! Plugin passed review muster!
http://www.winamp.com/plugin/bogprog...ded-art/222666

The version posted on the plugins page includes a German language file for the front-end plugin. If somebody else wants to send me translations for other languages (or a better one for the German language) I would welcome them.
Old 10th November 2013, 07:35   #86
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

I will send you a better German languagefile (or I will add them to my language pack installer, if you want) Your translation file is a bit..weird.

It seems, that you missed to localize one string:

Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2013, 07:54   #87
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Here is a German language file, which fixes all issues in yours. Though, the entry on my above screenshoot is not localizable.

The 'Writer' config presets are not loacalizable either.
I also think the English word 'Writer' does not explain what this config is meant to do. You really should add some short explanation text.

The 'Presets' dropdown list should be called 'Extensions list' and should show some possible file extensions, take a look at the Nullsoft DirectShow Plugin for an example.

[Edit]

I've increased the size of the dropdown list in the unified tag editor for German:

So so that a translation string has enough room. It will be available in the next Winamp release.
Attached Files
File Type: 7z gen_bpembededart.7z (1.2 KB, 337 views)
Old 10th November 2013, 09:11   #88
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa View Post
...Your translation file is a bit..weird.
I figured it would be wrong. Never would've guessed weird. lulz I have replaced my de-de language file with yours and it will be included on the next release (which will be soon~ish since I found some small coding errors.)

Quote:
It seems, that you missed to localize one string:...

The circled part of the string in the image was taken from Winamp, not generated from the w5s plugin. The only part of that string that is from the w5s is the <NoEmbed> part. The reason why it's not localizable is because I return it from the calls to api_albumart::GetAlbumArtTypes(...) and api_albumart::GetValidAlbumArtTypes(...). I was going to localize it but during my preliminary testing to see what would be required to do it I discovered that the strings I was receiving were not localized. I figured why bother to localize the plugin if it wouldn't work anyways.

Quote:

The 'Writer' config presets are not loacalizable either.
I also think the English word 'Writer' does not explain what this config is meant to do. You really should add some short explanation text.
"Writers" was what I came up with at the time when I wrote the plugin. Was drawing a blank so I just used the generic WASABI object type. That part of the configuration gets a bit deeper than probably what most people would get into anyways and since the writer object configuration parameters/values aren't localizable I figured it would be enough for those brave enough to venture into the belly of the beast.

Quote:
The 'Presets' dropdown list...
Not following the reference. I don't have a presets dropdown.
Old 10th November 2013, 09:15   #89
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinktink View Post
Not following the reference. I don't have a presets dropdown.
"Default Embed Type". You may should show other types, which are possible "gif; bmp" etc

Sorry my bad.

Fixed a glitch in the German file use this:

http://www.meggamusic.co.uk/shup/138...pembededart.7z

Quote:
The circled part of the string in the image was taken from Winamp
Hmm, I cannot find that string in winamp.exe or any other file. The standard string is localizable (and already localized), so no idea what other string you are using.

-Chris
Old 10th November 2013, 09:22   #90
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Default Embed Type

Sorry my bad.
lulz, my brain was all like floating in outer space going "what in teh hell is this fool talking about, there's only one dropdown and I don't have presets".

Anyways, no, the value not localizable since it's used to match the name/type of the default image type/writer to use when the image data is sent to the plugin in Winamp's native raw ARGB format.
Old 10th November 2013, 09:38   #91
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
"Default Embed Type". You may should show other types, which are possible "gif; bmp" etc
Oh, you mean like change it to a dropdown with the possible values preloaded? If that's not what you meant, I might still do it anyways since it's a good idea.

Quote:
Fixed a glitch in the German file use this:...
Thanks.

Quote:
Hmm, I cannot find that string in winamp.exe or any other file. The standard string is localizable (and already localized), so no idea what other string you are using.
I can't find it either but it's coming from somewhere. Screenshot of project-global search for the string:
Old 10th November 2013, 09:41   #92
Koopa
16-Bit Moderator

Quote:
Oh, you mean like change it to a dropdown with the possible values preloaded? If that's not what you meant, I might still do it anyways since it's a good idea.
For example.

The string for the already localized version should be:

420, "cover" in winamp.exe.

You are may able to use this instead?
Old 10th November 2013, 19:41   #93
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
The string for the already localized version should be:

420, "cover" in winamp.exe.

You are may able to use this instead?
It seems you still don't understand.

TLDR; answer:
No, I cannot use it.

Long answer:
I can not use any localized "cover" string because I'm not the one generating it. Winamp is. Winamp has to give me the localized version of the string to my plugin from the Album Art API. The API was designed for expandability and if I hard code a list (to which then you are proposing to be localized) it will break the plugin, Album Art API, or Winamp down the road. My plugin receives a string list of available art types from Winamp, and depending on my plugin's settings, my plugin duplicates the entries and dynamically adds the <Embed>/<NoEmbed> options to the duplicates. Then that list is passed on to Winamp through the API. The only thing on that combobox I can localize are the "Embed" and "NoEmbed" strings. The Dev. Team would be the ones to localize the "cover" string, whether after it calls the AlbumArt API or in the AlbumArt API.
Old 13th November 2013, 00:51   #94
dstudd

BogProg Embeded Art v1.1.5.14

Hi Thinktink,

I have been using BogProg Embeded Art v1.0.4.9 for some time now and found it to be an excellent plug-in to get around 's lack of Embedded Artwork options.

However, since upgrading to your current version of BogProg Embedded Art v1.1.5.14, it has been causing v5.7.0.3444 ßeta to crash consistently.
I've yet to try it on v5.65.3419, but have enclosed an Error Feedback Report for you.

I've gone back to BogProg Embeded Art v1.0.4.9, which has solved the problem for now.

Cheers.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (76.1 KB, 322 views)
dstudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 01:22   #95
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstudd View Post
... v5.7.0.3444 ßeta ...
How are you even able to run that. I just downloaded that and installed it and tried to run it and it tells me that it's longer than 4 weeks old and tries to open my browser to download current version.
Old 13th November 2013, 03:28   #96
dstudd

BogProg Embeded Art v1.1.5.14

Quote:
How are you even able to run that. I just downloaded that and installed it and tried to run it and it tells me that it's longer than 4 weeks old and tries to open my browser to download current version.
A utility called 'RunAsDate' does the trick...

Quote:
Inject a false system time into the application
- Recommend
- A freeware app that does this is RunAsDate (Utilize immediate mode)
(http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.php?p=2965985&postcount=18)

Hope that helps...
Old 13th November 2013, 03:35   #97
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
...However, since upgrading to your current version of BogProg Embedded Art v1.1.5.14, it has been causing v5.7.0.3444 ßeta to crash consistently.

I was unable to get any crashes on Win7 Pro x64 with the version of the plugin you mentioned. However, I was unable to test with v5.7.0.3444 Beta of Winamp since it won't let me run it. The only thing I saw was a bug that I've already fixed in a yet-to-be-released internal build.

Maybe if you tell me exactly what you were doing or trying to do just before Winamp crashed then I might be able to find something obvious in the code directly.
Old 13th November 2013, 16:09   #98
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
A utility called 'RunAsDate' does the trick...

(http://forums.winamp.com/showpost.php?p=2965985&postcount=18)

Hope that helps...
Didn't work as advertised. I had to retard my system clock to August manually to get it to run right. Preferences window wouldn't come up when run under 'RunAsDate'.

Anwyays, I was unable to replicate your issue under the Beta. Probably the reason it's crashing is because you have to run it under 'RunAsDate' since I'm seeing weirdness with it under 'RunAsDate'.
Old 13th November 2013, 16:34   #99
DrO

i've managed to dig out a copy of the 3444 pdb files and it's not a 'clean' Winamp install this is happening with (am seeing a number of my plug-ins in there along with a few other 3rd party plug-ins).

afaict it's happening with a modern skin being used when an albumart callback in gen_ff is being fired with it going to a GetAlbumArt(..) call and then it drills down into bpembededart.w5s before giving
Quote:
Unhandled exception at 0x0068a89f in _crash.dmp: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000004.
which to me implies it's trying to access the member variable of something which is not present (though why bpembededart.w5s would even be called in that scenario i don't know).
Old 13th November 2013, 17:09   #100
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
...(though why bpembededart.w5s would even be called in that scenario i don't know).
Embedded art hooks the entire api_albumart Wasabi API, not just api_albumart::SetAlbumArt. Therefore, any call to api_albumart::* goes to my plugin first. It's done this way to filter the <(No)Embed> strings before passing it on to the actual api_albumart (if/when done so.)

I'll have another look at api_albumart::GetAlbumArt(...) to see if anything obvious pops.
Old 13th November 2013, 17:42   #101
thinktink
Forum King

I'm wondering if maybe it's this--> http://forums.winamp.com/showthread....59#post2920259 issue again since I put the filter code back into ::GetAlbumArt since I no longer use that Beta. Still not able to replicate the issue though.

@dstudd, are you using a cPro skin?
Old 13th November 2013, 17:48   #102
DrO

it's the same issue in the newer crash report.
Old 13th November 2013, 19:18   #103
thinktink
Forum King

/sigh

Figures...

With the latest Beta I'm getting some weirdness. Near the return from the call to ::GetAlbumArt the plugin is throwing AV on a call to stdlib::free in my Unistring handler after having called the original api_albumart::GetAlbumArt(...). The parameters are fine (at least it looks that way) and I have a sneaking suspicion that the original api_albumart::GetAlbumArt(...) is sometimes trying to free the (...,type,...) parameter when it shouldn't (at least the SDK doesn't say it will.)

Can you check the code to see if it is?

Is happening on an mp3 file though I didn't test on a different file type.

Last edited by thinktink; 13th November 2013 at 20:33.
Old 13th November 2013, 22:57   #104
thinktink
Forum King

Stick a f'ng fork in me I'm done. I've had it up to here with this repeating crash BS. Belay my last DrO, I've made my own ::GetAlbumArt handler.
Old 13th November 2013, 23:01   #105
DrO

from the stack i'm not able to work out what (at least not obviously at the moment) the call is which is then causing GetAlbumArt(..) anyway, though as it's on a different thread, might be variance in the memory mode being used for the actions (most cases it's meant to be using the sysmemmgr to handle things) or it's some sort of abi incompatibility between things (cannot not rule that out as an option).
Old 13th November 2013, 23:09   #106
thinktink
Forum King

Quote:
from the stack i'm not able to work out what (at least not obviously at the moment) the call is which is then causing GetAlbumArt(..) anyway, though as it's on a different thread, might be variance in the memory mode being used for the actions (most cases it's meant to be using the sysmemmgr to handle things) or it's some sort of abi incompatibility between things (cannot not rule that out as an option).
Thanks for looking, even if only preliminarily, it helps to solidify my current solution: implement it myself and bypass the original call entirely.

And on that note, is there anything I should call or do in my own ::GetAlbumArt(...) implementation other than get the art from the file embed?
Old 13th November 2013, 23:30   #107
thinktink
Forum King

Wow, auto-tag kicks butt! I had recently encoded a Kenny G test vector I got from Aminifu into Opus. Saw the button for the first time and decided "what the hell, I'll give it go, my brain has melted already, why not pound what little is left of it into oblivion for the rest of the day and see what happens..."

Compliments to the implementer(s).
Old 14th November 2013, 06:09   #108
thinktink
Forum King

For all you lossless HQ album art freaks:

Highly experimental although really not much to it. It just stores the raw ARGB data from Winamp.

Note: The image format is (presumably) not compatible with anything other than Winamp.

Attached.

Last edited by thinktink; 25th November 2013 at 20:44.
Old 16th November 2013, 12:14   #109
dstudd

Been off the radar awhile.

Quote:
@dstudd, are you using a cPro skin?
Yes, Using Classic Pro v2.02 with FusionAmp_WA-5 Skin.
Old 18th November 2013, 05:56   #110
thinktink
Forum King

k, see if the attached version solves it.

This new version also changes the default embed type edit to a drop down combo box and adds support for localizing the "<Embed>" and "<NoEmbed>" strings and includes a separate German language file for it.

Last edited by thinktink; 22nd November 2013 at 19:50.
Old 21st November 2013, 07:42   #111
dstudd

Quote:
see if the attached version solves it.
Winamp v5.66 crashes using BogProgEmbeddedArt v1.2.5.20

(Winamp v5.66 is configured using cPro v2.02 & FusionAmp WA-5 Skin.)

See attached crash report.
Attached Files
File Type: zip report.zip (67.4 KB, 288 views)
Old 21st November 2013, 07:46   #112
thinktink
Forum King

Did it crash while the playlist had an item with no embedded art highlighted?
Old 21st November 2013, 09:21   #113
dstudd

Quote:
Did it crash while the playlist had an item with no embedded art highlighted?
All items in my playlist have embedded art.
Old 22nd November 2013, 19:50   #114
thinktink
Forum King

See if it still crashes with the attached...

Last edited by thinktink; 25th November 2013 at 20:44.
Old 23rd November 2013, 09:08   #115
Aminifu
Forum King

Hi thinktink,

Well I've not had any crashes with the latest version (using cPro v2.02 engine with the cPro v1 skin listed in my signature) and Winamp v5.6.6.3507. I've tried it with flac and mp3 files.

Looks like you fixed it.

Hopefully, dstudd will also report success. The original artwork function of the <alt+3> editor (making independent folder image files) also works with no problems, which it should since your plug-in never interfered with that.

PS:
I've not tried embedding to a playing file. That was causing random crashes before (due to the codecs which you have no control of), so its safer to work with non-playing files. Maybe that is what dstudd is/was doing. He didn't say.

Winamp Pro v5.666.3516 fully-patched - Komodo X Touchscreen v1.0 by Victhor skin
Old 23rd November 2013, 10:52   #116
dstudd

Hi thinktink,

Results are all good this end too (using Winamp v5.6.6.3507 with cPro v2.02 engine & FusionAmp WA-5 Skin).
I've tried it with MP3 & Flac files, tried giving it a hard time with lots of stopping & starting & by embedding to a playing file, but so far I cannot fault it.

I notice you've also included a pull down menu for 'Default Embed Type' under preferences.

Looks like another job well done. Many thanks for you persistence.

Quote:
I've not tried embedding to a playing file. That was causing random crashes before (due to the codecs which you have no control of), so its safer to work with non-playing files. Maybe that is what dstudd is/was doing. He didn't say.
Embedding to a playing file is something I've always tried to avoid, knowing it sometimes crashed, but simply thinking I was pushing fate.
However, as I said mentioned earlier, it now appears to pass that test too.
Old 23rd November 2013, 11:39   #117
Aminifu
Forum King

Quote:
Embedding to a playing file is something I've always tried to avoid, knowing it sometimes crashed, but simply thinking I was pushing fate.
I assume you meant to write "... not knowing it sometimes ...". Anyway, thanks for giving it the 'acid' test.

Old 23rd November 2013, 12:49   #118
dstudd

Quote:
I assume you meant to write "... not knowing it sometimes ...". Anyway, thanks for giving it the 'acid' test.
Hi Aminifu,

Not really. I was aware it would occasionally crash, should you try embedding a playing file, but to me this was not really an issue.
I prefer to edit non-playing files to avoid potential problems anyway.

I was more concerned with Winamp randomly crashing with this plug-in, since updates were made after v1.0.4.9.
Looks like that's all sorted now with this current update.

This plug-in has been a God-send, as embedding files in Winamp is something I'd wanted to try since the 'Artwork Editor' option became available.

Once again, thanks for making this wish come true thinktink.

Now if we could only save Winamp's future!
The Petition at https://www.change.org/en-AU/petitio...go-open-source looks encouraging. Currently over 9,000 signatures!

May Winamp continue whipping the Lamma's Ass!
Old 23rd November 2013, 17:40   #119
thinktink
Forum King

Outstanding news.
Old 25th November 2013, 20:43   #120
thinktink
Forum King

All future updates for this plugin will be posted here. Please update your links.
Go Back   Winamp & Shoutcast Forums > Winamp > Winamp Discussion

Tags
album, art, artwork, embed, embeded